Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

Deivan smiled as he drew his long black katana. the guards shivered as he walked towards them. newbies, all of them, barely able to hold a sword. he sliced through them like they were butter.

There was beauty in death as his old master used to say. if you embrace death you can make it serve you. He kicked open the door. the hallway was empty save for a mouse who squeaked underneath a clock. 

Deivan smiled as he dashed along the corridor, his feet glowing yellow. He jumped in the air, he landed on solid air. he ran towards the door. he jumped and landed on solid air above the door. suddenly the door opened and a guard walked forward. before he could take another breath Deivan deactivated his powers and stabbed the guard. he caught the door and went through. inside was the bedroom of Emperor Johnathon Penderdragon, God Emperor of the fanatical Wilian people. 

Johnathon jumped up in a cold sweat, he looked at Deivan, he smiled, "I've dreamed about this exact moment you know?"

Devian smiled, the emperor was a skilled liar, "you surely lie my emperor, I am but your humble servant come to cleanse the room."

Johnathon looked at Deivan suspiciously, "now it is your turn to lie."

Devian smiled deeper, "no, I did come to cleanse the room, just not of dirt, of you." He jumped up and stabbed the emperor swiftly. 

On 3/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Star crossed her legs on the soft bed and Narrated a small breakfast for herself. Plates and a tea set laid themselves out in front of her for her convenience. With a snap, the tea poured itself, a sugar cube plopping into the awaiting teacup with a few drops of cream. A scone floated up from its place atop the platter and was dipped into the tea before making its way to Star's mouth. She chewed thoughtfully, then willed the cup of steaming liquid to her lips. It was perfect, of course. She'd had to make food for her family before... everything... and she'd gotten quite good at making meals. She'd gotten quite good at a lot of things, really. And now... it would never be the same again. 

She took a few more sips and bites, then laid back down into the pillows, closing her eyes and willing sleep to come over her once more, surrendering to the depths of dreamland.

@Fallapede

Sorry, I know I've been inactive, but what is this pinging me for exactly?

Night's Blossom breathed in deeply, keeping the pressure on as she looked around desperately. Is this some kind of cruel trick? Would he really do this to try and force me back? She thought carefully for a second, and realized she couldn't entirely put it past Darius to do exactly this. Still, she couldn't believe Emily was complicit, and saving her mattered more than anything. More than her own freedom, if it came down to it. With a shuddering sigh, she began constructing a beacon.
@xinoehp512

Deivan smiled as the Emperor gasped. most assassins like him felt pain from this while Deivan felt only elation. Deivan represented something that shouldn't exist. Deivan was something that shouldn't exist. it had been that author who had done it. that rusting author.

The emperor looked at Deivan's expression with horror, barely managing to gasp, "yo-ou se-em ha-a-appy?"

Devian sighed, the job wasn't done yet, he finished the job. The gore spurted everywhere, (pretend a bunch of details are here).

On 3/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

The Corpse’s skin exploded with rot, and it lurched forward, growling. “We arrrrrre mooooore thannnnnn geissssst.”

"What are you, then?"

On 3/29/2022 at 8:28 PM, Fallapede said:

Night's Blossom breathed in deeply, keeping the pressure on as she looked around desperately. Is this some kind of cruel trick? Would he really do this to try and force me back? She thought carefully for a second, and realized she couldn't entirely put it past Darius to do exactly this. Still, she couldn't believe Emily was complicit, and saving her mattered more than anything. More than her own freedom, if it came down to it. With a shuddering sigh, she began constructing a beacon.
@xinoehp512

Jacob watched the map of the Thread flicker with help beacons as the ennullers fought a desperate battle against the forces of darkness.

One more beacon popped up, but it was not noticed in the cacophony- not yet.

--

Pheonix groaned as he regained consciousness. "Where... What...?" he spoke blearily before jolting upright. "The demon!"

@Fallapede @Zephrun's Imperium

Edited by xinoehp512

• 5 weeks later...

Star stirred, restless in a nightmarish sleep. 

In her dream, she struggled to stay afloat in a stormy sea. One moment, she gasped for air, the next, she was thrust beneath the dark, cold waves. Water filled her airway, making her choke before she could scream for help. Ironically enough, all she could wish for, as she crashed through the sea, was to be safe at home in bed. "MAVERICK!" she tried to yell. The winds, however, had other plans; they tore her words up the moment they escaped her throat. Eventually, realizing how hopeless things were, Star began to sob. But just as she did, she felt a strong hand pull her up onto dry land. She continued to cry, embracing the man who'd lifted her to safety. "Oh, Author... Dear Author above..."

She nestled into his shoulder, comforted by the man's warmth. But when she pulled away... 

"Pheonix?" Star looked up into his honey-colored, slanted eyes. He only smiled at her, saying nothing. 

With that, she awoke.