Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

49 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"Must watch." Watcher repeated before clarifying. "I must watch her." She pointed at Valve. "I must protect her, and I must not reveal who the master is to her."

25 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She frowned. "Why me specifically?"

"Ignitis, stay here. Me and the girl are going to speak in another room. And don't try to eavesdrop, I can sense you."

He grabs her shoulder and hauls her into an adjourning room, ignoring any protests.

"Where were you born, girl?"

8 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Ignitis, stay here. Me and the girl are going to speak in another room. And don't try to eavesdrop, I can sense you."

He grabs her shoulder and hauls her into an adjourning room, ignoring any protests.

"Where were you born, girl?"

"I woke up a few months ago in my house." She said simply. "I just assumed I had had amnesia. And my name's Valve."

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I woke up a few months ago in my house." She said simply. "I just assumed I had had amnesia. And my name's Valve."

Amnesia, eh? And a Ignitis watcher... An experiment perhaps, by another Narrator? Maybe a rival dealt with? So many possibilities...

"Ignitis. Will you tell me who and where your master is if the girl is out of earshot?"

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

Amnesia, eh? And a Ignitis watcher... An experiment perhaps, by another Narrator? Maybe a rival dealt with? So many possibilities...

"Ignitis. Will you tell me who and where your master is if the girl is out of earshot?"

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Watcher paused. "Yes."

"Whelp, I'll get back to building my car." She walked over, and continued tinkering.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh, you are?" Selil glanced over his shoulder. "You are. Huh. Can you help me out? I can't decide how to properly establish my role as the Dark Lord here."

Elgiloy tried to think of what their master might want. "Well, the color scheme of the castle seems good. Dark and dank and dreary. Have you subjected the people here to your rule yet?"

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

Watcher paused. "Yes."

"Excellent." He turns to Valve. "Do not go back to your work, child. I shall return shortly." He then takes the Narrator to the other room, where Valve is still visible through a window.

"Well? Tell me what you know, construct."

15 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Elgiloy paused. "I will still be there with you to enjoy it. But I will be enjoying your enjoyment, not the food."

"You do that every time!" Selil protested. "Whatever. Just go conquer the locals, inform them of their new ruler, yadda yadda yadda. I'll figure out these problems before you return. Hopefully."

40 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Excellent." He turns to Valve. "Do not go back to your work, child. I shall return shortly." He then takes the Narrator to the other room, where Valve is still visible through a window.

"Well? Tell me what you know, construct."

Uh... She already went back to building her car... 

46 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You do that every time!" Selil protested. "Whatever. Just go conquer the locals, inform them of their new ruler, yadda yadda yadda. I'll figure out these problems before you return. Hopefully."

Elgiloy bowed and began making their way down the dais. Then, however, they paused. “May I collect coins while I conquer?” they asked. 

Grace strode briskly down the Hall of Words, her footsteps steady and determined. A piece of glass from a shattered bottle bounced towards her, freezing in midair as it met her Silent Shield. She ignored it. No time to stop for a Narratorial skirmish, not today.

"Ex.. excuse me?" a Narrator said in her direction. Grace pretended not to hear and quickened her step, praying that he wouldn't press whatever his question was. Miraculously, no further comment followed. Her heartbeat calmed slightly. Only a few yards more to go until-

Something at the edge of her vision caught her eye, rippling in the barrier at the edge of the hall. Her heart sank as she turned to look at it, confirming her fears: a break. Sighing, she pressed her hands up against the crack in the wall and began its repair. Glimpses of myriad worlds flashed by her vision, wondrous and brilliant sights from across the Plane; she ignored them, focusing exclusively on the task at hand. Fortunately, the break was small and fairly recent, so nothing had crossed over whilst it was open. Within a few moments the tear sealed up completely, freeing Grace to speedwalk the last few feet to the exit door.

She stepped through, bracing herself for the feeling of vertigo as she was teleported to Silenus Alpha: Ennuler Headquarters.