Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

On 5/4/2021 at 10:30 AM, The Unknown Order said:

"I am Blade, Narrator of Varanguard, High Gladiator, Blade Shatterer, World Builder, and the Metal wolf.

Spade rolls his eyes at the lofty titles. It was one of THESE narrators- stuffed to the brim with ego but little in the way of subtlety. 

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Greetings, Blade."

At that moment, Grace and Michael popped into existence.

This was getting out of hand. "And who might you two be? Actually, that's less important than asking why you're here and who sent you."

49 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Spade rolls his eyes at the lofty titles. It was one of THESE narrators- stuffed to the brim with ego but little in the way of subtlety. 

This was getting out of hand. "And who might you two be? Actually, that's less important than asking why you're here and who sent you."

"We are Ennullers of the Thread." answered Grace. "We are... investigating. Tell me, what do you know of the wars fought near this spot?"

On 5/7/2021 at 9:50 PM, Random Bystander said:

"What's an Ennuller? And I know nothing about any wars."

"Ennulers are the people of Silence. They babysit the Hall of Words. I haven't met one for centuries, and for good reason. And no, I do not have any knowledge of where we are, let alone any sort of conflict that has been here."

11 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Ennulers are the people of Silence. They babysit the Hall of Words. I haven't met one for centuries, and for good reason. And no, I do not have any knowledge of where we are, let alone any sort of conflict that has been here."

Valve sighed. "Well, I finished the device." She muttered under her breath. She flipped it on, started typing, and...

Does it connect to a satellite?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Star's gaze ran over all the characters around her. Each strolling, chatting, oblivious to the fact that at any moment a Narrator could come down and kill them all. That those evil gods who ruled over them without their knowledge couldn't care less that each one of these beings had a personality, a home, a family. It was absolutely sickening.

She was ashamed to be one of them. 

Well, maybe I can help, Star thought as she walked. (Walked. By the Author, most Narrators had never had to walk more than a few steps...) But... how could she? The Narrators had control over a whole universe - no, hundreds of universes. There was no way she'd be able to protect it all, she was only one person. One Narrator, yes, but... It just wasn't possible. She hadn't even been able to protect her own husband, how could she hope to defend the billions of lives her kind threatened?

Her eyes narrowed. There was a way. One she'd enjoy. She knew it could be done, she'd seen it happen. 

The Narrators deserved to die anyway.

A voice cried out for help. Not long after the cry, a young woman came stumbling out of an alleyway. She was dressed as a common citizen, but her clothes had a layer of grime covering them. She cried out again, her words becoming clearer as she approached. "Please, you have to help! My boy, he needs help! Anyone, please!"
Her voice was loud, but the pleading tone was powerful, sounding as if she could only focus on getting the help that was so desperately needed.

The moment that the Narrator had knelt next to the child, time started to run out. In a flash quicker than any mortal's eye could follow, the young woman lunged towards Star with a speed that was easily beyond any human. Her left arm was raised up, and a dark blade was produced from it, aiming for the Narrator's heart.

Star only barely managed to avoid getting a knife to her Core. She ended up lying on the ground, a knife in her shoulder and a scream in her throat. 

Dear, Author, this experience was far too familiar. 

She thrust her foot upward to kick her attacker, knowing she had no time to get up. "What are you?" she demanded. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

When the Narrator's foot made contact, the woman didn't give in. Her chest chest felt harder than steel, and her footing was immovable. Her face barely displayed any reaction, with no anger or pain, only focus.

The woman's blade wanted to consume and destroy whatever it came into contact with, but it was withdrawn just as quickly as it had been lodged into its target. Then just as the blade had been pulled away, another one came from her right hand, striking towards the Narrator's core faster than the blink of an eye.

“Her chest chest” is hilarious to me for some reason. :D

Star tried to close up her wound, but it refused and she felt her energy drain away upon trying. She growled and - genuinely worried for her life since apparently this attacker knew where and with what to stab her - resorted to using her Authorial Gift. Star’s mind closed around her attacker’s and clawed into it. “Who are you??” Star demanded again. And, in the thing’s mind (for, indeed, it was not human or Narrator or any other manner of creature she knew) she began to find out. Inside of this strange being was a a seething hatred similar to her own. Not for Star specifically, but in general. At her kind. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

The creature barely acknowledged the intrusion, its thoughts focused on killing Star. The blades whizzed through the air, aiming with razor precision for Star's core. It moved with a sense of urgency, working to overcome Star before she could do anything more to stop it.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

NO.

Star’s mind broke a barrier. She sought to control the thing like she could a character, only instead of letting it dangle on puppet strings, she skewered it and wrapped it in irons.

MINE.

The thing fought her grip, but she matched its intensity with her own, her desire to stay alive fighting against its desire to kill her.

We want the same thing, you fool. Death to the Narrators. If you’ll work with me. 

7 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Would it be all right if Night's Blossom encountered the car workshop? I know it's already fairly crowded. but I don't see anywhere else I'd be able to fit her in at the moment.

I don't think anyone was at the workshop.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:04 PM, AmazingGoob said:

"The Great War?" said Xinoehp. "Of course I know of it! I fought in it, after all..."

He then proceeds to give an explanation of the whole thing which I'm too tired to write out right now. Ping me if your character would listen.

Grace frowned, blinking as she observed Spade. "What happened to you?" she asked.

21 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"The Great War?" said Xinoehp. "Of course I know of it! I fought in it, after all..."

Grace frowned, blinking as she observed Spade. "What happened to you?" she asked.

"I was minding my own business and I will continue to do so."