Zephrun's Imperium

Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

323 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Huh." She paused. "What exactly is this Hall of Words you keep mentioning?" 

"I already told you. It's where most Narrator reside, causing chaos on this plane of existence. It's a pocket dimension, split off from the rest of existance. We could go there now, but it's truly a dreadful place."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skadar gazed around the Hall wondering who he could take the mickey out of the easiest. A smile creeped onto his face as his eyes landed on Selil, a narrator who had actually been successful in running a reasonably sadistic career. "Hey Selil! Long time no see! How goes it?" He called.

 

@Channelknight Fadran

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Skadar gazed around the Hall wondering who he could take the mickey out of the easiest. A smile creeped onto his face as his eyes landed on Selil, a narrator who had actually been successful in running a reasonably sadistic career. "Hey Selil! Long time no see! How goes it?" He called.

 

@Channelknight Fadran

Selil looked up, having been in a bit of a daze for awhile. "Oh hy, uh..." Selil snapped his fingers a few times and tried to remember his name. "Skater?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, xinoehp512 said:

"Ah. Different Dark Lord, then."

"Uh..." said an uncertain voice. "Hello?"

Grace walked speechless to the end of the corridor cave, unable to believe what she was seeing. This... this was a hole in the Wall. And not the wall the Ennullers had constructed themselves, the one she had helped repair this morning. This was the wall created by Silence himself in the Eternity Before, a barrier critical to the protection of every universe in existence. 

And now there was a hole in it

"How is this possible?" said Michael in a hushed voice. "I thought the Outer Wall was unbreakable!"

"Not... quite," said Grace, her gaze still fixated on the hole. "Holes form, sometimes. Small ones. And only rarely. But the sensors always detect them, and they're fixed before they could conceivably cause harm."

The two of them took in the large, jagged hole, stretching nearly to the ceiling of the cave. Michael stepped up and ran his fingers through the waterfall. "Why not this one, then?" he asked, giving voice to the question in both of their minds.

Grace pulled her eyes away and took out her notepad, noting down the dimensions and shape of the hole. A few moments later, the database produced an estimate for how long the hole had existed. 

"Whatever caused this," she said, her stomach twisting, "It isn't really a recent development. According to my calculations.... this hole has been growing for a thousand years."

Michael's eyes widened as the he realized just exactly what Grace's discovery meant.

"B...but this place is a battleground!" he said. "Narrators come through here all the time! What if... what if..." He swallowed, unable to finish the horrifying thought.

Grace nodded grimly and flipped out her notebook, furiously scribbling commands to the database. Analyze the surroundings. Emulate a thousand years. Check for Narrators.

She snapped her notebook closed. With white fingers and bated breath she watched the light of the emulator flicker as it replayed history. A small crack formed, the size of a hair, growing in slow motion even as the years flicked by. As it passed a safely traversable size, her fingers tightened further. But, fortunately, no violations appeared. And as the years counted up- one hundred, two hundred, five hundred, seven hundred, nine hundred- her fingers relaxed slightly. It seemed like they had dodged a-

ding

The simulation stopped. So did Grace's heart. In full blurry glory before her was the unmistakable figure of a human stepping through the hole.

Status: Narrator, read the results. Identity: Unknown.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2021 at 10:51 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Selil looked up, having been in a bit of a daze for awhile. "Oh hy, uh..." Selil snapped his fingers a few times and tried to remember his name. "Skater?"

Skadar grinned and teleported over to Selil "Yes! I can't believe you remembered my name after all these years. You must remember me fondly then, ay?" 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Just a small note: Narrators don't think in terms of years, they think in terms of pages for time. So... yeah.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

 

Quote

 Thanks for the tip!

Skadar 'aged' a lot while among the humans during his time away from The Hall. Because of this, he'd notate Time like a human since humans are pretty obsessed with time. Seeing as he hopped into The Hall about 10 seconds ago, he's probably still adjusting his mindset to not being a Narrator rather than a human impostor. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 0:32 PM, AmazingGoob said:

"I already told you. It's where most Narrator reside, causing chaos on this plane of existence. It's a pocket dimension, split off from the rest of existance. We could go there now, but it's truly a dreadful place."

"Well, people and me don't really mix. I don't really understand people. Machines are much easier to understand."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Well, people and me don't really mix. I don't really understand people. Machines are much easier to understand."

Makes sense. If he were back in his realm with his power returned, she would be an excellent opportunity to watch her create a magnum opus, then make it burn in front of her. The rare pain of a craftsman was something the certainly craves now...

But no. That's not where he is. He's in this field with this girl being a chance to get that all back.

"Good for you. Now, we need to figure out where we are. I'm not sure if we want to use your Narration quite yet... I would prefer a far more controlled space to test your limits, as I don't want you just dying if you try something you can't handle. Any ideas?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Makes sense. If he were back in his realm with his power returned, she would be an excellent opportunity to watch her create a magnum opus, then make it burn in front of her. The rare pain of a craftsman was something the certainly craves now...

But no. That's not where he is. He's in this field with this girl being a chance to get that all back.

"Good for you. Now, we need to figure out where we are. I'm not sure if we want to use your Narration quite yet... I would prefer a far more controlled space to test your limits, as I don't want you just dying if you try something you can't handle. Any ideas?"

She grinned. "Easy. I could build a fully functional GPS in 5 or so minutes." She started taking her engine apart, as this seemed more important.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She grinned. "Easy. I could build a fully functional GPS in 5 or so minutes." She started taking her engine apart, as this seemed more important.

"With... an engine? I am no expert in machinery or electronics but I don't think a car engine has all the necessary parts to connect to the satellite system."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"With... an engine? I am no expert in machinery or electronics but I don't think a car engine has all the necessary parts to connect to the satellite system."

She smirked. "Oh please. I made this engine myself. It's much more advanced than your average engine. I added a few components that could help with diagnostic checks. I have exactly what I need."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This place has a satellite system?" pondered Xinoehp.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"This place has a satellite system?" pondered Xinoehp.

"Well, I doubt I'm powerful enough to have teleported off world, and I know that the world I was living on does have a satellite system. I've been hacking into it for months." She said while building the GPS. "And even if not, that will get us closer to knowing where we are."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, Random Bystander said:

"Well, I doubt I'm powerful enough to have teleported off world, and I know that the world I was living on does have a satellite system. I've been hacking into it for months." She said while building the GPS. "And even if not, that will get us closer to knowing where we are."

He shrugs and just watches with a mildly interested look on his face. 

Edited by AmazingGoob
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 0:05 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Michael's eyes widened as the he realized just exactly what Grace's discovery meant.

"B...but this place is a battleground!" he said. "Narrators come through here all the time! What if... what if..." He swallowed, unable to finish the horrifying thought.

Grace nodded grimly and flipped out her notebook, furiously scribbling commands to the database. Analyze the surroundings. Emulate a thousand years. Check for Narrators.

She snapped her notebook closed. With white fingers and bated breath she watched the light of the emulator flicker as it replayed history. A small crack formed, the size of a hair, growing in slow motion even as the years flicked by. As it passed a safely traversable size, her fingers tightened further. But, fortunately, no violations appeared. And as the years counted up- one hundred, two hundred, five hundred, seven hundred, nine hundred- her fingers relaxed slightly. It seemed like they had dodged a-

ding

The simulation stopped. So did Grace's heart. In full blurry glory before her was the unmistakable figure of a human stepping through the hole.

Status: Narrator, read the results. Identity: Unknown.

 

Grace paced back and forth, her eyes focused on the report in her notebook. A Narrator had left- and then, several years later, they had returned. She could hear Michael sigh of relief as he saw the result showing the Narrator's return.

"Oh, thank Fate," he said. "They came back. Problem solved. No rogue Narrator wreaking havoc across the threads... Crisis averted."

"Not quite," said Grace. 

"What? But... they're back, right? We just plug up the hole, and things go on like nothing ever happened."

Grace sighed and tapped a command. A number flashed blue in the air. Chance of Transition: 99.99%. "You know what Sentient Characters are, yes?" she exposited. "This is like that, but for Narrators. Part of why the lesser wall exists is so that we can glean information about the greater. And what we've learned about Sentience..."

"Sentient characters can break the lesser wall," said Michael, gears turning. "So... you mean an Awakened Narrator would be able to break the greater wall?"

Grace nodded grimly. "We have some time- even if they try to escape, the greater wall is not easy to find. But that won't stop them forever. We need to find them and stop them, before it's too late."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Night's Blossom walked along a worn dirt path, clutching the hilt of her belt knife for all the good it might do her. Leaving the Realm of Silence had been a rash, stupid decision, but she couldn't just return, even if she'd wanted to. Besides, she had a job to do, even if she didn't have the faintest idea how.to get it done. As long as I don't run into any Narrators, it should be fine. Just find what I came here for, and then.... Well, and then I'll figure out what comes next.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blade contemplated returning to his arena for the second time in the last page. Everything was simpler back there. No insolent argument starting Narrators. No Dark Lords trying to kill said Narrators. Just the thrill of the fight. He sighed. He wouldn't go back. He was tired of the boring simplicity of the arena. He had loved those times, and he had fond memories of them, but they had started to grate on him at the end. He had been toying with razing a high tech world and making it into a fantasy world. He might still do that. But he had to watch the girl. Shame could do that while he was gone, but he liked to be close at hand if the need arose. Shame was weak, she had been made that way and it was no fault of her own. She could barely Narrate, she couldn't fight, that was his job. Then he felt his connection to Shame stur. Someone was there, a Narrator, but also... not a Narrator. Blade cut a rift between the two places and walked out of it into a random field.

@xinoehp512

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shadow was bored, drunk, and angry. Not a terribly odd combination, but certainly an unpleasant one. She was sitting upside-down on her throne, feet resting on the top, her hair grazing the floor. "I hate the wooooooorld," she sang. "I hate it a looooot."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 10:48 PM, The Unknown Order said:

Blade contemplated returning to his arena for the second time in the last page. Everything was simpler back there. No insolent argument starting Narrators. No Dark Lords trying to kill said Narrators. Just the thrill of the fight. He sighed. He wouldn't go back. He was tired of the boring simplicity of the arena. He had loved those times, and he had fond memories of them, but they had started to grate on him at the end. He had been toying with razing a high tech world and making it into a fantasy world. He might still do that. But he had to watch the girl. Shame could do that while he was gone, but he liked to be close at hand if the need arose. Shame was weak, she had been made that way and it was no fault of her own. She could barely Narrate, she couldn't fight, that was his job. Then he felt his connection to Shame stur. Someone was there, a Narrator, but also... not a Narrator. Blade cut a rift between the two places and walked out of it into a random field.

@xinoehp512

"You again?!?!" She sighed. "Well, at least you aren't the 'dark lord' person."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He raises his eyebrows. "I would like to know who you are," he says to Xinoehp.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 10:43 AM, The Unknown Order said:

He raises his eyebrows. "I would like to know who you are," he says to Xinoehp.

"Actually, I think it's fair to ask who YOU are," Spade says. "You were the one who sent that spy, yes?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Grace paced back and forth, her eyes focused on the report in her notebook. A Narrator had left- and then, several years later, they had returned. She could hear Michael sigh of relief as he saw the result showing the Narrator's return.

"Oh, thank Fate," he said. "They came back. Problem solved. No rogue Narrator wreaking havoc across the threads... Crisis averted."

"Not quite," said Grace. 

"What? But... they're back, right? We just plug up the hole, and things go on like nothing ever happened."

Grace sighed and tapped a command. A number flashed blue in the air. Chance of Transition: 99.99%. "You know what Sentient Characters are, yes?" she exposited. "This is like that, but for Narrators. Part of why the lesser wall exists is so that we can glean information about the greater. And what we've learned about Sentience..."

"Sentient characters can break the lesser wall," said Michael, gears turning. "So... you mean an Awakened Narrator would be able to break the greater wall?"

Grace nodded grimly. "We have some time- even if they try to escape, the greater wall is not easy to find. But that won't stop them forever. We need to find them and stop them, before it's too late."

"Where do we even start?" said Michael, overwhelmed by the enormity of the situation.

Grace chewed her lip. "Hm. Those Narrators, the ones that fight here- they've been doing that for a while, haven't they?" She glanced a Michael. "What do you think the chances are that conflict has something to do with this?" 

"Huh," said Michael. "That makes a lot of sense, actually. You know, I bet Antonio-" He cut off, deflating slightly as he remembered why they had come out here in the first place. Grace stood awkwardly for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

"I guess I'll start with a sweep of the area, then," she said at last. Michael remained responseless.

----

On 5/2/2021 at 1:43 PM, The Unknown Order said:

He raises his eyebrows. "I would like to know who you are," he says to Xinoehp.

"I am Xinoehp, Lord of Fire," replied Xinoehp.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Where do we even start?" said Michael, overwhelmed by the enormity of the situation.

Grace chewed her lip. "Hm. Those Narrators, the ones that fight here- they've been doing that for a while, haven't they?" She glanced a Michael. "What do you think the chances are that conflict has something to do with this?" 

"Huh," said Michael. "That makes a lot of sense, actually. You know, I bet Antonio-" He cut off, deflating slightly as he remembered why they had come out here in the first place. Grace stood awkwardly for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

"I guess I'll start with a sweep of the area, then," she said at last. Michael remained responseless.

----

"I am Xinoehp, Lord of Fire," replied Xinoehp.

 

11 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Actually, I think it's fair to ask who YOU are," Spade says. "You were the one who sent that spy, yes?

 

"I am Blade, Narrator of Varanguard, High Gladiator, Blade Shatterer, World Builder, and the Metal wolf.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 1:30 PM, The Unknown Order said:

 

"I am Blade, Narrator of Varanguard, High Gladiator, Blade Shatterer, World Builder, and the Metal wolf.

"Greetings, Blade."

At that moment, Grace and Michael popped into existence.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.