Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

I have... an idea. And it's a massive one. (Yes, I just posted a status update about this, but this needs more publicity - and this thread will give more detail anyway ;)

So a lot of you guys may know the acronym CBST. Perhaps you also know that it stands for The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread and that it was an RP started on TLT. Well, the CBST-verse is a MASSIVE one with cosmere-sized potential. See, as I said, CBST started on The Longest Thread and if you know anything about TLT, you know that it's a chaotic hot mess, which is... not exactly the most stable place to start a storyline. In the two years since CBST started, I have made MASSIVE leaps and bounds to organize the craziness that started there and I think that just maybe, we could really make something fun out of this. If y'all can't tell, I'm just begging for more CBST content, please send help.

I'm sure that if you're reading this here and not in my status update, you'll need a tiny bit more elaboration. So, CBST is built around the concept of Narrators: beings with nigh-infinite power that are incredibly human. The magic system is based on the concept of Light, Darkness, Order, and Chaos. @xinoehp512 and I have worked very hard on the story, the characters, and the world that CBST takes place in. It's very dear to my heart and I think since everyone reading this is here on a book fansite, y'all will love the meta undertones about authors, writing, and story tropes that are a huge part of this world in which my heart resides.

So here's what I'm proposing. I want to re-tell CBST. That implies that we'd just be re-doing CBST stuff, but that's not what I mean at all. There are so many different worlds, magic systems, and plot lines that could be explored here. If this sounds interesting to you AT ALL, just say so and I will add you to a planning PM. It will require some explaining of the magic (which I will explain as concisely as I can and allow for a ton of room for y'all to experiment) but I am STOKED for this to maybe take off. Happy RPing! Love you guys. 

Character Sheets:

Spoiler

Star:

Spoiler

Name: Star Celeste
Race: Narrator

Appearance: A 5'6'', 22 year old, muscular woman with thick blonde curls to her shoulders and blue eyes.
Details: She left the Hall of Words 14 years ago to marry a character. Her husband Maverick was recently brutally murdered by a group of Narrators who were jealous of Star's happiness. Though not all the Narrators had a hand in killing Mav, pretty much all of them knew very well what was going on. Very, very few care or realize the significance.
Personality: Strip away her intense hatred for her own kind and you're left with a very broken and lost woman. Before Mav's death, she was extremely cheery and creative.
Authorial Gifts/Skills: Sword fighting and telepathy. She is also one of the most skilled Narrators, due to the fact that during the 10 years she lived with her husband and two children (the children she made herself forget and left them with their aunt and uncle) she Narrated literally everything that she did. 

Name: Shadow
Race: Dark Narrator

Appearance: Short (5'2'') with asymmetrical brown hair and grey eyes. Appears to be about 17 years old and almost always wears suspenders and a button up white shirt 
Details: Originally a normal girl from Oregon, she was abducted by the Witherlord in an attempt by him to create a servant powerful enough to free him. Unfortunately, her soul was a little too rebellious for her to be the servant Withy intended her to be. She also has a serious drinking problem. 
Personality: One of the most sadistic Narrators to exist (a trait she only possesses because of the Witherlord's influence). She loves inflicting pain in particularly cruel ways and is incredibly sarcastic.
Authorial Gifts/Skills: Throwing hatchets 

Name: Trewee
Race: Watersprite

Appearance: Usually 5 inches tall, made of water. Since he's made of such malleable material, he can take pretty much any shape and can change his size by pulling water from the air.
Details: A character that Star made for herself for companionship. 
Personality: Very bubbly (hehe) but gets extremely angry whenever Star is threatened.

Authorial Gifts/Skills: Can freeze into an object of impalement, drown people by surrounding their head, or make his body boil to burn people. :ph34r:

Name: Elgiloy
Race: Ignitis
Appearance: Actually rather short at 5'7''. Their body is a thick suit of armor with nothing but wind and their Narrative Core inside it.
Details: Elgiloy has been around for quite a while, to the point that they've developed their identity quite well. They are non-binary and truly cares for their master. 
Personality: Curious and aloof, tries to emulate their master
Authorial Gifts/Skills: Magnetism

Random:

Spoiler

Name: Valve
Appearance: Looks like a tall, teenage girl with pale skin, brown eyes, and dark brown hair.
Strengths: She is really smart, and is a quick thinker. She doesn't get stressed easily.
Weaknesses: She 1) doesn't know she's a Narrator, 2) is oblivious to other people's emotions most of the time, 3) gets distracted really, really easily.
Personality: She's enthusiastic and very curious.
Backstory: She woke up on a world about a year ago, and has just been chillin'. She likes machines, and taking machines apart, so she named herself Valve.

Vapor:

Spoiler

Name: Dust Avens
Species: Narrator
Appearance: 5'10'' Looks about 40. Extremely skinny and pale with almost white hair and gray eyes.
Strengths: Doesn't care about others. He spent a long time practicing his powers and feels he's pretty good at it.
Weaknesses: Doesn't care about others. He doesn't recognize when he's wrong, or when others are right.
Personality: Grumpy and sullen, doesn't like people and never will. Cocky. Doesn't seem fully right in the head.

Unknown:

Spoiler

Name: Blade 
Race: Narrator.
Appearance: Waiting for the answer.
Details:  He spent most of his life Narrating fights in a giant gladiator arena. He built up politics and other such things around it, but always enjoyed the fights. Eventually when he got bored, he created a giant rebellion that took over the kingdom. After that he stopped Narrating things and went back to the hall. Not long later he got in a argument with a young Narrator, which ending in him blasting her with a simple Narration: You forget everything. When he calmed down,  he was incredibly remorseful, so he created a shadowy Ignitis called Shame.
Personality: Very quick to anger, but when he calms down he is very remorseful. Generally he's very creative and technical.
Authorial Abilities/Skills: After the many years Narrating fights in the arena, he grew incredibly good when it came to raw strength, but never really learned finesse. He is also really good at fighting with any weapon. 

Name: She was named Shame by blade, but she calls herself Watcher in her mind.
Species: Ignitis
Appearance: A living shadow, she generally watches from walls, but she can become a physical form that looks like a empty void (For those who have read Beyonders, think torivor).
Details: After Blade erased (Random's character)'s memory, he created Shame from his regret. Shame has since watched (Random's character) and has protected her on occasion. Over time Shame slowly began to think of herself as a watcher. At the same time, she grew to hate her name and all it represented, so she started referring to herself as Watcher.
Authorial Abilities/Skills: Very perceptive and good at telling if people are lying or mean harm. When she's in her physical form, she isn't very strong, but she's pretty fast.

Xino:

Spoiler

Name: Pheonix Blaze

Appearance: 5'10'', skin as pale as paper; thin of frame with a flame on his head for hair
Details: Ascended from an Enuller named Antonio shortly before Star returned to the Hall
Personality: Timid and shy, but brave when it counts. Curious and optimistic

Authorial Gifts/Skills: Knowledge about Silence Art and Dreams, along with the history of the Narrational Plane

Goob:

Spoiler

Name: Spade
Race: Narrator
Appearance: 6'0" 39 year old human male with well-kempt brown hair and a small neat beard.
Details: Spade left the Hall of Words early in his existence, unsatisfied with the chaos. Narrators being Narrators, no one noticed as he went to the Narrational Plane and carved up a obscure corner it as his own personal domain far out of the sight of the rest of the narrators, where he weaved real stories- but not stories of hope and victory, but great tragedies full of grief, sorrow, and pain, which he revels in. Recently however, the mob of the Hall of Words had their gaze drawn to his realm where they dismantled it into the general chaos they bring with them and casually and partially unthinkingly chained his Narration, limiting the power he had gained over centuries and pretty much leaving him, going back to their normal shenanigans. 
Personality: A sadist, but a clever one. He has patience and can delay the pain to build up hope and happiness before yanking it completely away to elevate the pain afterwards. Indeed, he's very sly and tried to bargain and explain to the Hall of Words before they chained him.
Authorial Gifts/Skills: Used to be extremely powerful after centuries of Narrating his tragedies, but as he's been reduced to an extremely weak state of practically being a newborn narrator. He's managed to recover some of his power since the incident a couple of months ago, but has since reached another barrier.

Fadran:

Spoiler

Name: Selil
Species: Narrator
Appearance: 6'0", dark brown hair, vibrant red eyes. He wears dark robes on top of black chain mail.
Strengths: Capable of producing multiple ignitises and pretty dang good at destroying planets. He's single-handedly fought and won wars, adding it all to his dominion.
Weaknesses: He's incredibly overconfident in his own ability and has a super tragic backstory that brings him pain to remember. Y'know; the norm.
Personality: Again, incredibly overconfident. He's also really good at monologuing, letting off bouts of evil cackling, and steepling his fingers. Basically the most conventionally evil guy you could think of.
Authorial Gifts: Teleportation and the ability to summon spiraly dark storm clouds on a whim

Guard:

Spoiler

Name: Gideon C. Exegesis
Race: Sentient Human
Appearance: A 5'3," 38 year old, lean but sturdily built man with mundane, flat, brown hair that is constantly cut short. He is nearly always wearing a rough, brown trench coat on his shoulders while his shirts remain inconsistent.
Details: Originally a young man from the middle of nowhere who left his family and friends to find out what sort of excitement and wonders the world held in store. After a while, he had a run-in with otherworldly beings that accidentally enlightened him of the larger universe. Since then, he has done all in his power to travel far and wide to learn more of the universe around him, using his intellect and wits to collect tools to help him traverse where normal men can't, as well as fight what would crush a man of regular standing. Personality: An energetic man who "wants to see it all, or die trying." His explosive personality can go easily from a loving compliment to ridicule at another's expense.
Authorial gifts/skills: Due to Gideon only being a sentient human, he wields no inherit power, although he hasn't allowed that to stop him. Through his travels, he has gathered objects created by the magical energy that the Narrators use for their own power. While he keeps all of his weapons as secret as possible, he in known to wield three magical tools, two of which are identified as some form of grapple shot and the other being a utility device that allows him to summon any tool he needs for a given situation. However, his third weapon is completely unknown, and even believed to be a rumor that was started by Gideon himself in order to spread uncertainty in the few who knows about him.

Fallapade:

Spoiler

Name: Night's Blossom
Race: Humanish
Appearance: Short young female with long black hair and violet eyes, wearing a plain gray dress.
Details: Night's Blossom has no memory of her life before the Silence Artists took her in. She grew up in their care, but was keenly aware of her differences. As she grew older, she came to understand their importance in keeping the balance, but couldn't find her place - until she discovered Void Travel. (and then there's a big dot dot dot because I have no idea after that)
Skills: Navigation, perception, and general sneakiness.
Personality: Quiet and shy, extremely empathetic

Lecky:

Spoiler

Name: Skadar
Description: shaggy black hair, black eyes, tan skin, lean build, about 5’3. Looks about 23 years old.
Strengths: nimble and good at duel wielding light weapons. Is quite and experienced narrator.
Weaknesses: his expectations are too high, he has trust issues, he lacks humility, empathy and many other things that forge a good personality. Has a soft spot for cats.
Authorial Gift/Skills: He is very adept at manipulating the environment around him
Details: Basically he isn’t happy with the state of the world/universe/plane and he wants to find (or create) a place where he can live a happy life. The rest of his backstory is for me to know and you to find out hehehehehehehe

Edited by Shard of Thought

1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

I have... an idea. And it's a massive one. (Yes, I just posted a status update about this, but this needs more publicity - and this thread will give more detail anyway ;)

So a lot of you guys may know the acronym CBST. Perhaps you also know that it stands for The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread and that it was an RP started on TLT. Well, the CBST-verse is a MASSIVE one with cosmere-sized potential. See, as I said, CBST started on The Longest Thread and if you know anything about TLT, you know that it's a chaotic hot mess, which is... not exactly the most stable place to start a storyline. In the two years since CBST started, I have made MASSIVE leaps and bounds to organize the craziness that started there and I think that just maybe, we could really make something fun out of this. If y'all can't tell, I'm just begging for more CBST content, please send help.

I'm sure that if you're reading this here and not in my status update, you'll need a tiny bit more elaboration. So, CBST is built around the concept of Narrators: beings with nigh-infinite power that are incredibly human. The magic system is based on the concept of Light, Darkness, Order, and Chaos. @xinoehp512 and I have worked very hard on the story, the characters, and the world that CBST takes place in. It's very dear to my heart and I think since everyone reading this is here on a book fansite, y'all will love the meta undertones about authors, writing, and story tropes that are a huge part of this world in which my heart resides.

So here's what I'm proposing. I want to re-tell CBST. That implies that we'd just be re-doing CBST stuff, but that's not what I mean at all. There are so many different worlds, magic systems, and plot lines that could be explored here. If this sounds interesting to you AT ALL, just say so and I will add you to a planning PM. It will require some explaining of the magic (which I will explain as concisely as I can and allow for a ton of room for y'all to experiment) but I am STOKED for this to maybe take off. Happy RPing! Love you guys. 

*Slides in like an Edgedancer* Let me just slide in here for a moment...

I am always interested in joining RPs. I don't care what it is, as long as I can join, I will. :)

Sign me up.

*slides away like an Edgedancer*

*shrug* Fair enough, I suppose. But, ah... I am very protective of my baby CBST. 

See, the thread that CBST is RP'd on follows most closely to Star AFTER her attack on the Hall. I want to focus on her before that. Star will be the main character, but I do plan for there to be other plot threads. Considering you and I are writers, I'm worried you'll try to take the wheel of this, and if that happened I would be... pissed off. And you know what that's like. So just be careful.

Writers? This is an RP, Star. You can’t just tell us what to do and expect us to do it; that takes away from the entire idea. Besides, this isn’t even the og CBST. And when it comes to RPs, there aren’t really any “main” characters. The whole point is that everybody has a hand on the wheel, and that it’s everybody’s story to share. Planning it or claiming it as someone’s own story completely ruins the whole concept.

Oh, hey, BTW; this RP is going to be exploring what happens in the gap between when Star's husband died and when she attacks the thread. This is a period of time in CBST that is just... non-existent. So nothing is "scripted" at all. I'll just kinda have Star being her rebel self and hating other Narrators.

For those of you who read it before my edit, I got confused, it would actually take place BEFORE the attack on the thread

Okay, this is a flippin' long post and y'all don't have to read all of it. *nervous laughter* I'll mark where I start getting into worldbuilding.

A scream shattered the calm. Star was brought back into consciousness, coming to herself at a painfully jarring speed. She sat up in bed, trying desperately to catch her breath. Memories of what had happened in Astral’s castle swirled in her head, but they paled in comparison to the very urgent need for air. Her limbs shook, her mind and body weakened from such a rapid transportation. “Oh Author,” she choked out. Star threw off her covers and climbed out of bed, dizziness and nausea assaulting her the moment she began walking forward. She was barely able to catch herself on a small dresser, her hands disturbing the resting place of a glass flower vase which tumbled to the floor and shattered. Star moaned, holding her side. The edge of the dresser had stabbed her there. Finally, supported by the wooden platform, she allowed herself to slow down and remember what had happened in the last few minutes. 

Astral had failed. Star remembered it all now, watching the scene through her couterpart’s eyes. The huge fight. The Master of Silence. And… Xino’s death. Her face fell. Xino had been a good man. Certainly not without his flaws, but a good man. Not that there was anything she could do about his death. Narrators had great power, but that did not include power over life and death and she knew enough not to try and gain such an ability. Such a quest was a fool’s errand. 

The fact remained that Star had been woken prematurely. And that left her with absolutely no idea what to do. Astral was supposed to have lived a lifetime so that she could work through the problems that Star didn’t know how to fix. Her grief over Maverick’s death was far too strong for her to carry on this way. But it hadn’t worked. Astral had begun to release her anger, but the sadness and regret was still there. She inhaled sharply, stepping away from the dresser. What now? What would she-

Star howled as she stepped on a shard of the glass from the vase she had shattered earlier. She cursed loudly, then Narrated the removal of the vase’s remains. The edges of the wound closed up, she said tightly, her flesh reweaving to heal her. She breathed heavily, trying to calm herself. Then, however, her eyes fell on what the vase had carried. Three roses. Or at least, what was left of them. The flowers were completely rotten. But… she remembered what they had looked like when she had first put them there. Her eyes widened. This… this was her house. She put a hand to her mouth, looking around the room. The wood flooring, the dusty clothes hanging in the closet, the bedding, the mirror. Undisturbed after all this time. This had been her and Maverick’s bedroom. She shivered, cold despite her warm pajamas. Memories came flooding back to her like ghosts, each the representation of the story that she had been living just a few… years ago? Months ago? How long had it been? She didn’t know. She really didn’t know. 

Silence filled the air. Not the silence of quiet nights spent with him, but a heavy silence, the silence of a dusty, lifeless house. Star was honestly quite shocked that the Narrators had left it untouched. They had such fun toying with her and her husband. Why hadn’t they destroyed this place, just to spite her? Her face grew red with anger. The Narrators. She hated them, every single one. Luna, Jay, Shadow, the whole lot of them. They would pay for what they had done to her and hers. Star clenched her fists, thoughts of revenge coalescing in her mind… But then her shoulders fell. She felt defeated. She felt tired. She felt… alone. 

The golden-haired Narrator sighed heavily, running a hand through her wavy locks. Of course, she still had her children. But she simply couldn’t face them. They deserved a better mother. A better life. Their aunt and uncle—Maverick’s brother Darrin and his wife Riva—could give them the family they needed. It would be better if she didn’t interfere. Hopefully that would keep the other Narrators away from them. And on top of that…. she had no idea how she could pick up where she had left off. Without Maverick… how did she live? The other Narrators could never understand what it was to love. Even though her family had just been regular characters, she had still loved them. For as powerful as he had been, Maverick could never truly comprehend her true nature. But it hadn’t mattered. A Narrator had married a Shade Knight and had children with him and it had worked. Apparently her anarchist friends simply couldn’t stand the idea of a story with an actual plotline. A Narrator interacting personally with the story was too foreign. And because they hadn’t understood it, they had destroyed it. 

I'd start reading here.

Could she really go back out there with them? Could she really go back to conforming with the randomness? Her fellow Narrators simply threw their words out there, making empires rise and fall in mere sentences. They crushed life after life underfoot and didn’t even notice. Star clenched her fists. She’d show them. She’d give them something to reckon with. But one thing was certain; she couldn’t stay here anymore. The memory-filled silence would drive her mad. 

With a snap, Star had left the house miles behind. Her pajamas had been traded for a purple dress with constellation patterns and poofy sleeves that she firmly believed could only be pulled off by her alone. She took pride in dressing well. As a Narrator, she felt she had a right to. She’d never understand why Narrators like Jay took the matter of their appearance so flippantly. But the dress was not enough. She needed something more, something that would visually express the anguish in her soul. The accessory of choice was a black iron tiara with three points. It was sparsely ornamented, but, heavy and dark as it was, it didn’t need to be. She smiled. Yes, such an accessory was fitting. Its weight gave her a reason to hold her head higher. And why shouldn’t she? She was a majestic creature of words. Besides, she would need to look the part if she was going to go back to the Hall of Words. She’d made up her mind. There was no way she was going to stay on this Narrational Plane without paying her old colleagues a visit. 

Star snapped and a door appeared out of thin air. The Hall of Words lay beyond the fourth wall, above the eyes of the characters below. Most of the Narrators never left. Even Star herself had spent most of her life there. But only when she had left had she truly begun to live. It was something the other Narrators would never understand. Telling the story and manipulating the board was one thing, but it was quite another to walk among the story itself. Not that she had a real reason to do so anymore… Star glared forward at the door. “Well, here goes nothing…” she muttered. She pulled open the door, stepping into the world beyond.

Narrator Star found herself in a long corridor with a wooden floor. The familiar but muted sound of riotous laughter and hundreds of Narrating voices rumbed in the background. To Star, it was haunting. She pulled the door shut behind her, then heard voices behind her. Well, she didn’t exactly hear them, but rather felt them. 

Oi, Mike! said the first voice. She actually closed the door!

Finally, a Narrator doing our job for us.

Star raised an eyebrow and turned her head slightly to find two Ennulers standing behind her. The servants of Silence himself, Ennulers—more commonly called “Nullies”—were in charge of fixing the fourth wall whenever it was broken. The silent speech that both they and their master used was rather hard to get used to and undeniably strange, but they kept to themselves and didn’t bother anyone, so no questions were ever asked. Star nodded to the pair without saying anything, then proceeded down the hallway. There were entrances to the Hall itself all over this place. There were also entrances to other places. The Void, the Dream World, countless alternate realities. You could spend a lifetime wandering this place and there were undoubtedly some Narrators who did so. But that certainly wasn’t the majority. No, most Narrators stayed put, using their words to wreak havoc on the Narrational Plane below. That said, it wasn’t that much safer in here. Narrators weren’t kind to their characters and they certainly weren’t kind to each other. But there wasn’t really any other place that Star could go. Traversing the Plane itself would leave her vulnerable to the Narrator’s tampering and making a new reality pocket like the home Astral had been given wouldn’t be worth the effort.

A door lay at the end of the hallway, which, judging by the loud noise behind it, led right into the Hall. Star pulled it open and walked in unceremoniously, a cacophony of voices exploding around her. Hundreds upon hundreds of Narrators, each manipulating their own characters, creating and destroying carelessly. No one noticed her, of course. They were far too engaged in what they were already doing and new Narrators were always popping up here, so a single arrival was not even worth glancing up at. Star took a look around the place. Her fellow Narrators sat in groups, huddled around tables. At the center of each table was a view into the Plane below them, showing the place that those particular Narrators were messing with. It was hard to believe that she’d spent all of her life before Maverick here. How could anyone possibly call this place home? It was loud, it was crowded, it was chaos. But at the moment, it was the best place for her to get a decent meal. 

As Star walked between tables to get to the center, she noticed that she was beginning to draw the gaze of those she passed. She raised an eyebrow, looking for people she recognized. There were several new faces in the Hall, but there were still plenty of faces she could put names to. She had little nostalgia for this particular place, but it was still a bit odd to see people that she remembered. Soon enough, however, she finally found her way to the center of the Hall and took a seat. A short blonde woman stood behind the counter, doing something or other. 

“Hey, Zeoy,” said Star, getting her attention. “Can I get some soup over here?”

“Narrator Star?” Zeoy asked. Her face lit up with a smile. “Aww, gee, I haven’t seen you in quite a while. I can get’cha some soup right away. What have you been up to all this time?” Few characters ever found out about the Hall of Words, and far fewer ever set foot in it. Zeoy, however, had been created to reside here. Narrators technically didn’t need to eat, but that certainly didn’t stop them from doing so and Zeoy existed to provide them with whatever their culinary pleasure might be. Even though she couldn’t Narrate directly, she could still channel Narrative energy and use it to cook up what was needed. 

Star sighed. “I’ve been on the Plane,” she said. She didn’t want to say any more.

“Well you musta had a good time, it’s been ages.” Zeoy handed Star a bowl of soup and a spoon that she’d created in the seconds passed. “Enjoy your soup, sweetie.”

“Thanks…” she muttered. Star picked at the soup. It was good, as expected. Zeoy always delivered. And yet, she couldn’t bring herself to enjoy it. She placed her elbow on the counter and rested her cheek on her fist, spooning bites of her meal into her mouth. The noise around her could be quite deafening, but she’d spent enough time here in the past that it hardly bothered her anymore. In fact, there was a special kind of anonymity here. So many words and faces. She had no doubt that if she stayed in the Hall for long enough, the sound would swallow up her grief and change her back into the careless Narrator she had been before she found Maverick. She could not allow that to happen. 

"Where is it? Why can't I find it?" Valve said, panicking. She was digging through a huge heap of spare machine parts and tools in her workshop, and had been for the past 30 minutes. "WHY?! Where are you... Ooooh! Is that... Nope. Where could it be..." She moaned. "I'm never going to find it." She said sadly. "CURSE YOU #4 PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER!!!! CURSE YOOOOOOOU!" She yelled, extremely frustrated. She stood up, and wiped her greasy hands on her dirty overalls. "Could it be in the house?" She said thoughtfully. She then went into her small house, and started searching for her screwdriver. She rifled through boxes of new machine parts, toolboxes, and even looked through the pantry. "Where could it be?" 

Pain. 

A cascade of memories, churning, tumbling, sweeping away in the light. So bright... so bright, so...

Who am I?

Pheonix awoke.

He blinked in the light. It wasn't harsh, just... surprising. New. Like the word itself, 'light'.

Other words filled his mind, each a little burst of knowledge. Narrators. Characters. Hall of Words. Each passed in a fraction of an instant, filling his mind with knowledge and connections like water pouring into an empty glass.

He blinked again. His mind slowly settled, the new information finding its place.

One word in particular stuck in his mind. "My name is Pheonix," he said, making sense of the meaning behind names.

@BringerofShadows

I'm stealing your character, my girl. :D She's too amazing to resist. (though I promise to hand her over if you return) I hope you're well, we love and miss you!!

Shadow was not a normal Narrator.

For instance, she knew a group of Narrators who had spent the last few months working on building up an entire global society from the ground up. It was actually rather impressive what intricacies they'd manage to create. Apparently, however, the world's much-anticipated demolition by nuclear warfare that they'd scheduled would be well worth the effort they'd spent on it. Shadow understood the joy of destroying, but honestly, why go through all the extra trouble to create something when you could just tear down what already existed? As I said: she was different.

Shadow herself was prone to making chaos on a small scale rather than a massive one and preferred to do her dirty work in person. Which was why, when she returned to the Hall, she snapped, replacing her blood splattered shirt with a fresh, clean, white one. Her hatchet, however, she left dripping. Never seemed right to have it clean. An over-sized bottle of vodka coalesced in the hand that wasn't dragging her hacking implement. It was summoned partially to keep the stupid voice out of her head, (though admittedly, it had stopped talking all too often nowadays) but mostly out of habit; rampage, drink, be drunk in the Hall, sulk, repeat. Such was her existence. And... it was an alright one, all things considered. Better than her old one sure. She wasn't happy, no, but she wasn't miserable either. That was enough for her.

As her eyes scanned the room for a decent place to sit, Shadow's gaze met someone else's. Narrator Star looked like she was about to kill and Shadow knew full well the reason why. The blonde woman's piercing blue glare could have melted a hole through a foot of steel and was enough to make Shadow's bottle of vodka slip from her hand, shattering on the floor. Star's expression became even more rage-filled (if such a thing was possible) and she stood up from her seat, making her way to the person she hated most in the world.

Shadow hissed a curse; she had not prepared herself for this. She backed up slowly, running right into a pale young man with flames for hair.

@xinoehp512