Origin of the Havah

Chinkoln

*I am not making a religious statement or expressing an opinion. I am stating historical facts that are supported by documents and research.*

I am currently reading the Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown. It is a fictional book, but it includes lots of actual historical facts. In the book I am reading right now, they are discussing pagan religions and historically what was worshipped. There is a lot that goes into this, but I will simplify as best I can. Almost every single religion, up until the time of Christ revered women as equal or superior to men.

The main religion I am going to focus on is Christianity itself. Eve was revered as the woman who brought life into the world, with the help of Adam. She was revered as a sacred female, who needed to be protected and kept holy, sanctified for all time. In Hebrew, the name Eve translates to Havah. 

Eve was kept holy and sanctified, and now the havah protects the other women's sanctity. I think Brandon is keeping women protected in his books using the epitome of sanctity and holiness in the Christian religion.

This was worded really poorly, but I hope y'all get the idea of what I am trying to say.

1 minute ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I was thinking it was just a modesty issue

Women in that time went around fully covered (safe hands havahs and all that stuff)

This is part of the cultural split 

Shallan is slightly this by having the Radient persona 

Ya, but I was just describing where the word came from.