Hey Bran San Fans

Noahdon

Hey I'm Noahdon.

In real life my name is Noah so if nothing else, I am here on 17th Shard to claim one of the best screen names in the fandom (though I think the Rosharans may dismay at the asymmetry, I couldn't resist the poignant pun). I got into Brandon Sanderson in 2018 by listening to Michael Kramer and Kate Reading read The Way of Kings on a 10hr road trip to visit my significant other over break. I was happily surprised that after the 20hr round trip there was still so much story to be had and I was hooked. Wanting to see how the fantasy names were spelled I picked up  a hard copy of book and started lurking on Coppermind and 17th Shard forums. I expertly avoided many spoilers and learning about the expansive Cosmere I was goaded to finish all of Brandon's published works within it so I could start making more solid connections in my brain. Brandon and all of the other epic fantasy authors I would pick up after sparked my love for reading again as an adult. After listening to the audiobook in bed my significant other was became interested in Shallan and I was able to convince her to start reading as well. We now have a thriving SFF book club that meets over Zoom and I have someone to discuss my theories with. However, she has not finished all of the Cosmere yet, so after listening to Shardcast I knew there was a larger community I could engage with. So hello everyone! Happy to be here! 

Other than being a Cosmere and all-around nerd, I am also into Brandon's Writing Excuses Podcast and have started my own novella. I am a musician so naturally, I'm chasing after Hoid and plan to write music with some investiture magic inspiration at some point. I also am a DM and tabletop RPGer. 

Can't wait to hear your theories and talk fantasy with y'all!

2 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Welcome to the Shard!  What has been your favorite Cosmere/non-Cosmere book so far?

A fellow musician!  What instrument(s) do you play?  

@Spren of Kindness Thank you for the welcome! I think out of what I read so far Oathbringer has been my favorite so far. I also enjoyed Mistborn I loved the change in pace in Mistborn Era 2 and am excited for Wax and Wane 4. I did enjoy Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell a bunch as well and want to see more Threnody.

I play percussion! Primarily drumset with lots of study in world rhythms and hand drums and then some mallet percussion and piano. Anytime there's music in the Cosmere I'm here for it.

@Listener I really like your name too! Simple, elegant, and perfect for a Brandon fan. As hard as that question is I'm pretty sure my favorite character is Dalinar, but anytime Wit is around to make music and tell stories I am there. I also love the characters with a sense of humor like Wane, Lopen, and Rock especially when their own brand of profound wisdom peeks through.

Edited by Noahdon

7 hours ago, Noahdon said:

@Listener I really like your name too! Simple, elegant, and perfect for a Brandon fan. As hard as that question is I'm pretty sure my favorite character is Dalinar, but anytime Wit is around to make music and tell stories I am there. I also love the characters with a sense of humor like Wane, Lopen, and Rock especially when their own brand of profound wisdom peeks through.

Avoid Double Posting please (when you post twice without someone else posting) the Mods don’t like ut

Simply edit your last post

Welcome to the Shard!!!