'To the day we can embrace, old friend.'

Bridge-Four

"Then on that day we can embrace, knowing it is all over. Old friend.” Taravangian looked at him, and there were tears in his eyes.

“To that day, then,” he whispered.

Does this not strike you as the good old foreshadowing that Brandon does?

Now that we know that Big T is Todium.

So here is my theory- 

Then on that day we can embrace, knowing it is all over. Old friend

'The day we can embrace' -> The embrace could mean that Dalinar loses and becomes a Fused and becomes aware that 'it is all over'

I don't think we can look at every little interaction as foreshadowing. This was character development, pure and simple. It showed that had Taravangian made different choices, he could have found himself on Dalinar's side. We are supposed to be seeing the possibilities had T not locked himself away on his "dumb" days and relied entirely on "smart" days to make all decisions.

If I remember right, this quote was Taravangian reacting to Dalinar saying that even T's genius day could be wrong (which it often was, particularly since no one is smart enough to correctly interpret everything he wrote that day). "Dumb" T reacted with tears and saying he hopes so.

Even if Dalinar does become a tool of Odium, I don't see this line as being foreshadowing of that. Now, if they both die while grappling, definitely.

Edited by Leuthie

1 hour ago, Leuthie said:

Now, if they both die while grappling, definitely.

And afterward Dalinar and Taravangian Cognitive aspects, clasp hands into a bro-hug, then step into The Beyond

Edited by Dreamwa1ker
Fixed a technicality - they'd be cognitive aspects not cognitive shadows

8 hours ago, Bridge-Four said:

The day we can embrace' -> The embrace could mean that Dalinar loses and becomes a Fused and becomes aware that 'it is all over'

I think this option going forward would prove the most interesting narratively.

And give the most scope going forward.