Kaladin x Leshwi?

Emurii

Anyone else shipping Kaladin x Leshwi? They clearly respect each other; they're somewhat evenly matched; unifying the Fused and the Radiants would be pretty baller; and it feels like there's some ~~tension~~ there... With Brando saying Kal will eventually find love in recent WoBs, it's hard to believe this will not happen by Book 5 (perhaps because I don't think Kaladin's character arc is going to remain in the fore for part 2)... It's gotta be someone we know?

I agree that the radiants and fused coming together like they did at the end of RoW but on a larger scale would be baller. As for the ship, I can totally see it. It would also be a nice introduction into human/singer hybrids which we know were a thing in the past. 

Id be a little sad if he doesn’t end up with Syl somehow tho 

Isn't Leshwi currently in a male body right now?  Though she could get into a female one, I don't think Odium would give her one.

I think Kaladin is straight? I don't remeber any signs of him being naythign else otherwise.

The relationship would certainly be wierd, but maybe people would like that? I can see as interesting, it could have a wierd transsexual vibe to it that some might want. And Leshwi could also bond a spren, which could change her body.

I do think Kaladin does need someone as strong as he is, I don't think he will could just love someone who hasn't dealt with the same things that he has, so Leshwi would be a good choice.

6 hours ago, i’m in the details said:

I agree that the radiants and fused coming together like they did at the end of RoW but on a larger scale would be baller. As for the ship, I can totally see it. It would also be a nice introduction into human/singer hybrids which we know were a thing in the past. 

Id be a little sad if he doesn’t end up with Syl somehow tho 

3 hours ago, apepi said:

Isn't Leshwi currently in a male body right now?  Though she could get into a female one, I don't think Odium would give her one.

I think Kaladin is straight? I don't remeber any signs of him being naythign else otherwise.

The relationship would certainly be wierd, but maybe people would like that? I can see as interesting, it could have a wierd transsexual vibe to it that some might want. And Leshwi could also bond a spren, which could change her body.

I do think Kaladin does need someone as strong as he is, I don't think he will could just love someone who hasn't dealt with the same things that he has, so Leshwi would be a good choice.

Ohohohoh... My dumbass brain had an Idea and I think you guys can guess what given the bolding emphasis I put. :rolleyes:

Agree, Leshwi is female regardless of body. I did think Brandon confirmed Kal as straight at some point, at least in his own understanding of the character (which is clearly flexible given WoB on ace Jasnah and now we have bi Shallan). I didn't think Odium controlled what bodies they got, maybe this is a blind spot in my Cosmere knowledge, though. 

Also lol at this idea - it's cute from a ship perspective but it dives into poly in a way that I don't really see Kal as engaging in, and I can't imagine Syl leaving her Nahel bond with Kal like that.

Edited by Emurii

1 hour ago, apepi said:

They were suggesting that Leshwi could also try to bond to Syl.

Why is that naughty? Just by the implication that Syl would then be in her gemheart and therefore he'd be sorta dating both of them? (Which I agree, I don't think he'd be into in canon, though it's an interesting fanfic idea.)

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Why is that naughty? Just by the implication that Syl would then be in her gemheart and therefore he'd be sorta dating both of them? (Which I agree, I don't think he'd be into in canon, though it's an interesting fanfic idea.)

More just a naughty way of thinking. People always ask if someone can have multiple spren/bonds, but have never asked if a spren could bond multiple people at a time.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:24 PM, Emurii said:

(which is clearly flexible given WoB on ace Jasnah and now we have bi Shallan).

Wait, Shallan is bi?  I know it was theorized, but I don't think it was ever confirmed.  I always just viewed Shallan's comments about Jasnah's beauty as hero worship (Shallan clearly idolizes Jasnah), but Shallan has shown no romantic attraction towards women in anything I've read.  It's always been targeted towards males (Kadash, Adolin, Kaladin). 

Edited by Josh L.
Typo

9 minutes ago, Josh L. said:

Wait, Shallan is bi?  I know it was theorized, but I don't think it was ever confirmed.  I always just viewed Shallan's comments about Jasnah's beauty as hero worship (Shallan clearly idolizes Jasnah), but Shallan has shown no romantic attraction towards women in anything I've read.  It's always been targeted towards males (Kadash, Adolin, Kaladin). 

Chaos

In Rhythm of War, when we see Veil in the scene in the bar when she's expressing interest in women. Was that meant to confirm Shallan is bi[sexual] in-text?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. That was meant to be read as Veil legitimately - I realize you can read that as she's just joking around, but that was Veil expressing interest in the ladies.

Chaos

Well I suppose, what some people were saying, maybe Veil is bisexual and not Shallan.

Brandon Sanderson

I would say that they are both, and maybe Veil kind of in a way to make less threatening to Shallan has started really only talking about women that way. Partially for Adolin's comfort and for Shallan's comfort. If that makes sense. It's more of a safe place, because for them they know she would not go and act on those if it were about men or women, but it would be more threatening if she were talking about men that way. 

FeatherWriter

I definitely got the vibe that Veil is more the sort of person who was willing to say those sorts of things, but knowing that a lot of the speculation about Shallan went back to book one, before Veil had even become a character, this has been with Shallan for a while way back when.

Brandon Sanderson

I don't think Shallan would express it. She might be too culturally biased to even acknowledge it, but Veil? No.

Veil was pretty much openly bi, and Shallan was kinda "proper" and repressed about it.