Long Game 75: Alethi Politics

Mat

22 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Yall are talking like 2/3 of us here aren't Harry Potter like-

See Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapter Four.

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

@Matrim's Dice please confirm that none of the players have been given the role "Harry Potter"? :P 

PAFO :ph34r: But I will say that I use the acronym 'Hp' and not 'HP'.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

PAFO :ph34r: But I will say that I use the acronym 'Hp' and not 'HP'.

Ah yes, now I'll only confuse it with hit points. 

I recommend that we assume there are 10 Hps. (So, a Level 1 Paladin with a CON score of 10.) If there is a different amount, we can invite an Hp to correct the assumption tonight. Otherwise, if no one comes forward, we will know that 10 is the correct number. 

So we're more than halfway through the cycle and this is the current VC:

Illwei (1): Archer
Archer (2): Araris, Striker
TUO (1): Illwei
Randby (1): TJ

I... don't even think most of those are serious votes, but regardless. I'm aware that I'm not currently voting, so it's ig partially my fault we have so few votes? In a way. But really it's just that none of our discussion has turned NAI (edit: turned AI; turned away from NAI; whatever. You get my point) yet, so I don't have much of an idea who to vote, beyond Books and Dannex sounding slightly different than typical village them. And Archer. But I don't... voting based on gut doesn't really generate discussion so idk that that would help, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with voting on gut at this point anyway : P

Edited by Quintessential

Since D1 voting is basically random, our best bet is to apply pressure on multiple people to force the elims to do things that are AI (at least in retrospect after we've killed them). It could be the case that a couple of the players currently being voted on are elims, which is making their team less willing to get involved with things right now. I certainly wouldn't mind if we got more votes on Illwei, TUO, and Randby (I actually am a bit concerned about Illwei right now, might switch my vote to her).

26 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

So we're more than halfway through the cycle and this is the current VC:

Illwei (1): Archer
Archer (2): Araris, Striker
TUO (1): Illwei
Randby (1): TJ

I... don't even think most of those are serious votes, but regardless. I'm aware that I'm not currently voting, so it's ig partially my fault we have so few votes? In a way. But really it's just that none of our discussion has turned NAI (edit: turned AI; turned away from NAI; whatever. You get my point) yet, so I don't have much of an idea who to vote, beyond Books and Dannex sounding slightly different than typical village them. And Archer. But I don't... voting based on gut doesn't really generate discussion so idk that that would help, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with voting on gut at this point anyway : P

I mean, voting will actually provide more pressure on a player. And if you are feeling a gut elim read on Archer, you may as well go for it, try and get more discussion going. We can't complain about there not being all that many votes and then not go and vote. If you want to get more votes out there, you should vote. :P

I know people like to do the whole RVS and poke/pressure votes, but it's never really been my thing. But I guess it's fine people do it for discussion.

I was curious about forget me not. Don't want to vote them, but I think that's the only completely new name for me. I've only seen a couple RP posts from them, so just hope they can get involved more.

@forget me not hello :) What's your experience with SE and/or Forum Mafia?

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized the irony if somehow they were the only person I forgot about from other games. :) 

Edited by Whysper

40 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, voting will actually provide more pressure on a player. And if you are feeling a gut elim read on Archer, you may as well go for it, try and get more discussion going. We can't complain about there not being all that many votes and then not go and vote. If you want to get more votes out there, you should vote. :P

Eh, I suppose. I mostly feel bad voting him 'cause he was misexed C2 in the MR : P but sure, Archer

@Whysper I believe forget me not is Mat's younger sister and is new to forum mafia? iirc from the signups.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Eh, I suppose. I mostly feel bad voting him 'cause he was misexed C2 in the MR : P but sure, Archer

I mean, that's true, but someone's gotta die today. :P

Also, I'm just wondering what nickname we can come up with for forget me not...FMN? ForMN? Form? :P

I say no vote.

Someone said (not in this game) that we kill someone D1 and then ignore any info we get from it. Therefore D1 kill is useless and just helps the Elims get rid of another Villager.

I have played in Mafia games where we never misexed because we didn't daykill unless we knew the person we were killing was Mafia. Most Mafia games I play are like that, actually.

If we didn't daykill except when we were sure, it would take the elims much longer for them to win. Not exeing as much as we do currently might tip the balance of the game just enough for us to win for once.

If I'm NKd please look back at this post and don't ignore it. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I've said nothing.

3 minutes ago, Tani said:

I say no vote.

(This won't be reflected in the tally. Technically it's impossible for no one to die from the exe [outside of game mechanics such as Elhokar and the Document item] because if no one is being voted on, everyone is tied and it will be RNGd.)

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

(This won't be reflected in the tally. Technically it's impossible for no one to die from the exe [outside of game mechanics such as Elhokar and the Document item] because if no one is being voted on, everyone is tied and it will be RNGd.)

Humph.

Very elim gut read on Matrim's Dice because he says someone's going to die tonight.

So, here's some quick thoughts on the D1 exe: I think we need to kill someone D1 no matter what. If we don't kill anyone, the elims still will, and we'll be basically just where we started today on D2. May as well get some sort of information today, even if it means hitting a villager. But it could hit an elim (I've been on the receiving end of a D1 elim exe twice :P), so may as well try and get something out of D1. 

Edited by StrikerEZ
That first sentence made literally no sense, so I fixed it to what I meant to say. :P Original sentence was something like "So, my thoughts on the D1 quickly"

15 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(This also won't be reflected in the final tally :P)

Hey! >:(

I feel (edit) cheated. : (

(the word there earlier instead of cheated was rude. Apologies, all. I did not know where it came from other than that my older brother used it. Thank you @Gears for educating me.)

Edit: I know how we can get a D1 Elim kill! We vote for Sadeas!:):):)

Edited by Tani

11 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, I'm just wondering what nickname we can come up with for forget me not...FMN? ForMN? Form? :P

I have "Menot" as a placeholder in my notes doc, but I figured that sounded weird so I'd just use whatever ended up catching on, once something did.

10 hours ago, Illwei said:

Whysper

mmmmmmm

Reasoning?

12 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Forget me not -> Flower -> Fleur or Aster.

Aster-> Esther

Take your pick, @forget me not. You may have multiple. Ask Gears for better ones bc Gears is better at this than I am.

(I really like Aster.)

Debating between Illwei and Tani.

For Tani, I am side-eyeing their hesitance to vote on anyone substantial. I don't remember seeing that last game (though I wasn't paying a ton of attention, so that could just be me), and even after Matrim said someone was going to die, they insisted on voting for candidates who couldn't be exed. Makes me wonder if they're elim and one of their teammates is in the running on poke votes. (For reasons why we need to vote, see this.) While I see the humor in the votes on Matrim and Sadeas, it still seems a little distancey.

I think it's odd that Illwei so quickly gave Araris a village pass. Never give Araris a village pass on D1. However, I've never quite understood Illwei and so end up thinking them elim as a result more of then than not. Usually, I'm wrong.

Tani

EDIT:

Vote count, because I'm curious

Illwei (1) - Archer
Tani (1) - Elandera
Archer (3) - Araris, Striker, Quinn
Whysper (1) - Illwei
Random (1) - TJ

Edited by Elandera

36 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Debating between Illwei and Tani.

For Tani, I am side-eyeing their [2] hesitance to vote on anyone substantial. I don't remember seeing that last game (though I wasn't paying a ton of attention, so that could just be me), and even after Matrim said someone was going to die, they insisted on voting for candidates who couldn't be exed. Makes me wonder if they're elim and one of their teammates is in the running on poke votes. (For reasons why we need to vote, see this.) While I see the humor in the votes on Matrim and Sadeas, it still seems a little distancey.

[1]Vote count, because I'm curious

Illwei (1) - Archer
Tani (1) - Elandera
Archer (3) - Araris, Striker, Quinn
Whysper (1) - Illwei
Random (1) - TJ

[1]You forgot Sadeas.

[2] I didnt want to vote LG74 D1 either.

LG74 I was vil, didnt want to vote. MR49 I didnt object D1, was elim. LG75 I don't want to vote D1. I feel like voting D1 helps the elims more than the villagers.

But if you really want me to vote someone I could vote for you.

12 minutes ago, Tani said:

I feel like voting D1 helps the elims more than the villagers.

Is this still the case when the game rules ensure that someone is guaranteed to be grinched? I think if the rules permit, a case can be made for doing normal D1 voting and then everyone cancelling at the last second so nobody actually dies. The village could still learn something from that. But surely the voting process itself forces the elims to engage with the game when they could otherwise hide.

I don’t think you’re elim for having this opinion, but then how, if we somehow don’t grinch anyone D1, is the D2 vote any different? We certainly can’t solve this game mechanically, and elim kills don’t give much info.

My personal opinion is that if someone must die anyways, it’s almost a bit cowardly to be unwilling to get your hands dirty. We’re playing a game about murder here. Might as well get involved from the get go. And folks ‘round here are guilty until proven innocent.