Long Game 75: Alethi Politics

Mat

*sigh* so I tried to sit down and do analysis but I'm... idk. Not really getting anything new? Basically I found some tinfoily connections between Striker and Araris that make... basically no sense and mean nothing, I've concluded that Whysper and Ash aren't e/e (because Ash tried to let Dannex survive C2, which would have killed Whysper), and that Tani's voting is weird but I have no idea whether that's AI or not. And... yeah. That's about it.

Current VC:

Araris (2): Striker, Quinn
Tani (1): Araris
Books (1): Whysper
Quinn (1): Tani

Araris is right about the number of votes... it would be nice if more than just the five of us were voting at this point : P

Well, at least Tani (speaking of whom, it's bad form to change your username mid-game) has posted some. I think Ash and maybe Gears said they have IRL stuff going on, so I'll vote on Books, mostly because I don't want the thread to get any more dead than it is. At this point, I think we should just go full-blown Contribution Crusade until either all the quiet people are dead, or they've started speaking up/voting. Honestly, the dead doc is probably significantly more active than this place. Maybe if things don't pick up I'll join Striker and Quinn, in the hopes of getting a bit more discussion.

4 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Tani's voting is weird but I have no idea whether that's AI or not.

Please elaborate?:unsure: Not sure what you mean by my voting being weird.

it's bad form to change your username mid-game -Araris

@Araris Valerian Sorry. I shoulda thought about that earlier.

I used up both my changes for this 90-day period... and am going to change it back once I can... so just play like its still Tani?

Edited by Gneorndin

15 hours ago, Gneorndin said:

Quinn

Reasons that I wont tell right now.

Edit: Araris suspects Striker more. I suspect Striker too, for the same reason I suspect Quinn.

So @Matrim's Dice Imma switch to Striker (Quinn gets probation)

13 hours ago, Gneorndin said:

And cuz more people seem to suspect Striker. Im fine with voting either you or striker, but suspect you more.

(This may or may not be a tunnel.) (Reasons have to do with things that happened in LG74)

Actually Quinn.

There's no real reason I should suspect Striker. Neutral read on him. Quinn, however...

I'm still not sure what to make of Tani/Gneorndin. Sometimes it just seems like playful joking. But then when I see stuff like the above, I can't help feeling it's rather performative. Kind of like trying to imitate Villager indecisiveness, but to such an extreme. I could see myself voting them today. My top 2 Elim reads are still Tani and Books at this point, but I'll keep my vote on Books for now.

9 hours ago, Quintessential said:

I think Whysper is referring to where he said "I'm already a prime NK target, so I might as well..." and then proceeded to claim. I'm... not sure where that came from either, but I doubt it's really worth worrying about tbh.

Yeah, that's right. I was wondering about this. Thought I maybe missed something, but seems perhaps not.

8 hours ago, forget me not said:

I wish I knew what to think. Right now I am still confused and I am not sure who to trust and who not to. (Or who to vote on....)

It's reasonable to be suspicious of practically everyone in this game. But if there's someone you slightly feel is more likely Villager above everyone else, or someone whose statements and reasoning kind of click with how you think, then you can sheep them.

5 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Current VC:

Tani (1): Araris
Books (1): Whysper

Araris is right about the number of votes... it would be nice if more than just the five of us were voting at this point : P

Thanks for putting this together. I suppose it makes sense that votes are all over the place for now. And yeah, hopefully the rest of the players put a stake in where they are at today.

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, at least Tani (speaking of whom, it's bad form to change your username mid-game) has posted some. I think Ash and maybe Gears said they have IRL stuff going on, so I'll vote on Books, mostly because I don't want the thread to get any more dead than it is. At this point, I think we should just go full-blown Contribution Crusade until either all the quiet people are dead, or they've started speaking up/voting. Honestly, the dead doc is probably significantly more active than this place. Maybe if things don't pick up I'll join Striker and Quinn, in the hopes of getting a bit more discussion.

I agree it's gotten far enough into the game now that pushing people to contribute more makes sense. Maybe TJ will have more time now. Randby has been too quiet, though they were also in the MR game that just got done, so maybe things will change now.

37 minutes ago, Gneorndin said:
5 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Tani's voting is weird but I have no idea whether that's AI or not.

Please elaborate?:unsure: Not sure what you mean by my voting being weird.

Pretty sure Quinn is referring to the switching back and forth is short time frames like I mentioned at the top of my post. :) 

Books (2): Whysper, Araris
TJ Shade (1): Elandera

We've got less than a day left in this cycle and only half of us have voted and the thread isn't even 3 pages yet, which feels low for a D3 of an LG. @Gears @Random Bystander @Ashbringer @Flyingbooks @forget me not @TJ Shade do you guys have any thoughts on who we should exe? Any strong opposition to the current exe candidates? Any alternatives if you do oppose? Who do you trust? What event do you think the Highprinces should trigger next? Literally anything works, whatever thoughts first come to mind. You don't have to be able to go through and read everything and form an opinion that way. 

Anyway, I'm starting to have the sinking suspicion that we're completely on the wrong track when it comes to suspicions. I'd be willing to vote off Books, simply because there's some decent evidence against them and I honestly think a Contribution Crusade couldn't hurt right now, with the lack of content we're getting at this point. I just worry about changing my vote now because it'd put Books at 3 votes and every other alternate at 1. Even if I have a candidate I'd like exed, that doesn't mean I want it uncontested. If it's uncontested, we're doing something wrong. Either that or the elim team has decided to bus someone. :P

I had a post-by-post, but the Shard is ever hungry and devoured it twice. As such, I'm resorting to iso-ing. Thank ghost!Wei for short cycles.  

Araris

Spoiler

D1

Spoiler

Step 1 of my plan that I wrote before we started the game: Stab(TM) Vote Archer.

The Plan™. Black box reasoning is always a bit annoying, but they do later explain the vote, which is nice.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Archer said:

Generally, how do we feel about Highprinces claiming?

I'm Ruthar (who apparently is a Diagramist in this alternate universe).

On 3/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Archer said:

I'm curious how the mechanics of this plan work. Would you be willing to move your vote to Ashbringer? Specifically Ashbringer. :ph34r:

My plan does not allow for my vote to be moved onto Ashbringer at this moment, nor does it permit an explanation at this point in time. However, it does indicate that I should give some justification for my vote on you. Essentially, your vote seemed very safe. However, you are targeting a demographic that could very easily not contain any elims.

Appreciate the banter and reasoning. 

On 3/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Flyingbooks said:

Araris

I asked Matrim whether highprince names will be revealed upon death, and he said that he didn't tell anyone their highprince names except Dalinar and Sadeas, but he'll reveal them when any highprince dies. @Araris Valerian, why did you fake-claim Ruthar? 

I'm not exactly suspicious of araris just yet, but there's definitely something strange going on here.

This wasn't a claim, it was a reminder. I signed up as Ruthar, figuring that the name might actually match in-game identity.

Clarification of the joke.

Since D1 voting is basically random, our best bet is to apply pressure on multiple people to force the elims to do things that are AI (at least in retrospect after we've killed them). It could be the case that a couple of the players currently being voted on are elims, which is making their team less willing to get involved with things right now. I certainly wouldn't mind if we got more votes on Illwei, TUO, and Randby (I actually am a bit concerned about Illwei right now, might switch my vote to her).

A philosophy that I don't necessarily agree with, but valid. I didn't see a reason for voting Wei, though, so noted.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:55 AM, Tani said:

I feel like voting D1 helps the elims more than the villagers.

Is this still the case when the game rules ensure that someone is guaranteed to be grinched? I think if the rules permit, a case can be made for doing normal D1 voting and then everyone cancelling at the last second so nobody actually dies. The village could still learn something from that. But surely the voting process itself forces the elims to engage with the game when they could otherwise hide.

I don’t think you’re elim for having this opinion, but then how, if we somehow don’t grinch anyone D1, is the D2 vote any different? We certainly can’t solve this game mechanically, and elim kills don’t give much info.

My personal opinion is that if someone must die anyways, it’s almost a bit cowardly to be unwilling to get your hands dirty. We’re playing a game about murder here. Might as well get involved from the get go. And folks ‘round here are guilty until proven innocent.

Valid opinions.

I think I agree with Quinn about moving from Archer to Illwei. I'm getting LG74 vibes from her.

Don't agree with the vote. Reasoning seems flimsy, no added substance. I will note that Quinn's reasoning was also poor, but at least they could quantify it [and I am easily swayed by quantifiable evidence]. "Vibes" have a low precedence in the Order of Reasoning.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, Quintessential said:

Araris votes Archer: poke vote

This was not a poke vote. I explicitly stated it was a Stab Vote, and gave reasoning for it a bit later. Also, unless I'm misunderstanding you, there are a lot more than 4 votes that have been paced this cycle. Did you only list the ones that gave reasons?

Stab Vote™. 

On 3/26/2021 at 6:28 PM, Quintessential said:

@Araris Valerian see the edit : P

Gotcha. You're generally pretty sensible, so I figured there was a good explanation.

Realisation.

Conclusion as of D1: The Wei vote was, as people have pointed out, odd, though the entire reasoning around the Wei was flimsy at best.

N1

Spoiler
On 3/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, Dannex said:

You voted for me purely because you didn’t want to vote for Illwei. You could’ve just not voted for anyone. 

I would strongly disagree. Not wanting to kill person A necessarily means that you want to kill person B, if either Person A or Person B must die.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:06 PM, Dannex said:

Can I just say, that was the stupidest least effective D1 I’ve ever been apart of. Like, both me and Illwei had nothing against us, I think 7 out of our 8 combined votes had zero actual reasoning attached.

I think the issue here is that you think D1 votes would normally have "actual reasoning" attached, when in fact they are almost entirely random :P. If they aren't random, then the elims were participating (since villagers can't really do much better than random), so the village wins out eventually in that case.

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second, but that's just ideology.

Conclusion as of N1: No change.

D2

Spoiler
On 3/27/2021 at 7:45 PM, Archer said:

Araris what do you think about Tani?

Pretty solid village right now. I think it's an unnecessary risk for an elim to oppose a D1 grinch. I could be wrong here, but Tani is not a priority target for sure.

I'd also like to say that I've done a complete about face and think Archer is most definitely village as well. I can't for the life of me find what he said that changed my mind, but it made Night!Me think that he isn't elim (found it. the question about money). The question thing this cycle seems a little contrived, but it is a good way to spark discussion, which is ultimately helpful to us.

On 3/27/2021 at 9:32 PM, StrikerEZ said:

Also also, before anyone calls me out on this: I know this post talks more about Whysper than it does Araris. I was always planning on voting for him, I just felt the need to comment on some things related to Whysper first. 

This bring to mind a certain LG where a certain foolish person wrote a post about TUO and then voted on you :P. But I was village that game, so maybe village!Striker thinks like village!Araris.

I stand by my vote on Illwei last cycle, which while apparently misguided, was still a D1 vote, and as it turns out I'm glad I didn't stay on Archer. It was also part of the Plan(TM), and thus was determined prior to the start of the game, so it follows that the vote cannot be AI to begin with.

Respond to comments in thread. Check. Proceed to next step of plan.

The elim kill does seems to show that elims are happy with the thread's status. That suggests to me that we should broaden the POE, and I'm thinking of Gears, Ash, and TJ right now. TJ gave elim reads on Dannex and Books (while voting for Randby). Gears casually defended me. Nothing much from Ash at all (for ILR reasons, it seems). These players all seem to fit with the kill profile while also lying a bit lower than they otherwise might. My vote is on TJ for now, but I'd like to hear from all of the above three players.

I got ninja'd by Gears while writing this, but that doesn't change much. Nothing in his post that changes my mind, the whole thing is rather non-commmital (congrats on the math contest though! IRL me approves :)).

Next step, wait.

Concur about Tani, Archer [though hindsight colours the past]. I don't remember casually defending Araris. The fact that they stay on this vote is noted. A way to avoid taking sides in an argument.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:10 PM, TJ Shade said:

@Araris Valerian, what behavior Illwei's did you find similar to LG74? Don't think you answered this.

It was really just the village read on me, I think. The behavior I'm thinking of is Illwei sort of bludgeoning people with her playstyle D1 to deflect suspicion off herself. I saw the village read on me as somewhat similar; a way to try and pocket me with no justification other than being kinda chaotic. 

I think I'm decently against a Dannex grinch this cycle. I'd vote on Dannex over Archer for sure, but probably not most other options. The point being that I think the kill last night suggests we need to broaden our scope, and focusing Dannex doesn't help with that.

The Wei felt like they were entirely joking, but alas. Points for trying to escape the mass murder of those who survive ties.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, Quintessential said:

Since when is Archer an alternative to Dannex this cycle?

That probably wasn't helpful to include in the post. I was trying to get across the idea that Dannex isn't really a village read, just not a priority target for me.

You were elim in LG74. I'm pretty sure any interactions you had with Illwei in that game would only be comparable to interactions here if you were both elim here : P

While I acknowledge that my reasoning for voting on Illwei was weak, you are misinterpreting me here. I was looking at how Illwei interacted with certain villagers in LG74 and thought I could see a parallel to her interaction with me. Obviously I was wrong (or at least the connection I saw was not AI), but that's what I had D1 and I don't really regret it.

>> I mean, the kill last night makes me think of either you or Archer (Archer because he specifically brought up that he'd be someone who'd do that, when I actually wouldn't think of him for it at all).

Yeah, the kill profile here pretty much fits me like a glove. But maybe I just play SE in the most perfectly optimal way and someone else has caught onto my strategy? :P

Good responses. Never assume a kill profile. Justification in post always bothers me. 

I sort of feel like I can't say anything at this point that will change what happens, but since I don't have any particular reason to think Dannex is village, the only reason to do that would be to promote discussion. But with 35 minutes left, that seems pointless.

I like this post. Can't articulate why, but it gives me "positive vibes", as it were.

Conclusion as of D2: Not much change. The "vibes" somewhat cancel. More noted than before.

N2

Spoiler
On 3/29/2021 at 7:59 PM, StrikerEZ said:

Okay, I'm curios about something. Here's the VC when Araris voted on TJ:

Dannex (1): Elandera, 
Araris (2): Quinn, Striker

...well, that tells me nothing really. I didn't realize how early it was when he voted for TJ. I guess I would just ask, @Araris Valerian, why did you not move your vote anywhere, even near the end of the day when it was fairly obvious that the candidates for the exe were either Dannex or Whysper?

Because my vote didn't matter by that point. People were super fixated on Dannex and there was nothing I could do about it. Grinching Whysper instead wouldn't help, since everyone would still want to grinch Dannex regardless. 

As they did take a side about the DanX, I will say that my assumption about the TJ vote is mostly invalidated at this point. Valid stance.

On 3/29/2021 at 8:08 PM, Quintessential said:

in LG74, Araris got... really indignant when I started attacking and voting Illwei, saying that I shouldn't be trying to vote off active players C1. Now, Illwei was his teammate in that game, but I highly doubt that his stance itself was faked (if it was, Araris, feel free to shout at me :P). So... where was his hesitation to vote off active players--the very same active player--during C1 of this game??? I'd expect Araris to at least ignore a vote on a player like Illwei, but he responded by saying he agreed with my (not very strong) reasoning, and he voted her. 

Ummm, yeah, you got me. I think the largest difference between this game and LG74 is how much time I spent/am spending behind the scenes. I definitely agree with everything I said in LG74 about this tpoic, although I would also say that I overstated my opinions because a teammate was on the line, and maybe because it gave me a chance to throw shade on you, a potentially major village threat. I've been a bit more reactive this game, which has made it easier to lose sight of playing strategically past the first cycle. But I guess I owe Illwei an apology, not for killing her, but for being a hypocrite as I did it :(.

I think Tani might be my greatest suspect at this point. I'm not sure I like the vote on Whysper or the timing of the switch to Dannex.

I also feel like Quinn has been too... happy? Not sure what I've been getting there, or if it is AI at all, but it's something I've noticed.

On 3/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, Whysper said:

Araris does have the double A thing going, so he's probably the mastermind. :) 

Well, I actually have a quadruple A in my full username. Maybe I'm actually the only elim in the game since I have all the A-power :ph34r:.

That is probably the crux of the issue with the Wei vote. A vote on a person in a demographic that they have stated a wish not to murder for flimsy reasoning as one of the following votes. While the post-justification seems reasonable, the action remains suspicious. But then again, it was a D1 vote. 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, Archer said:

What was a red flag for me was them saying Dannex was beyond saving, but that they really didn't support their exe. I feel like they could have done more to defend Dannex, either with verbal arguments, or by voting Whysper. Last minute vote movements are common enough that it wasn't a done deal, in my opinion. 

I was sort of worried we would end up in a situation like we did with Mailliw like last game, where a bunch of people were fixated on him but never were able to actually pull off a grinch. I think last cycle was basically a disaster, but come the end, killing Dannex was at least a good way to reset everything.

True. Reminiscent of another game with Danex, wherein I had tunneled on them from C2 and they ate discussion until C5 or so.

Conclusion as of N2: No change. The vote remains noted, but qualified with its D1 status.

D3

Spoiler

My top suspicions are currently Tani and one of Striker/Quinn, but Striker a decent bit more than Quinn. I'm pretty sure Archer wouldn't have voted for me this cycle, so killing him makes me easier to get rid of, but since he wasn't actively defending me, I think elims would have be comfortable with the kill. So it makes sense for an elim to lead the votes on me this cycle. Quinn is on my radar for the cheerfulness thing, whereas I've gotten the impression that Striker is just trying to guide the village into a whole bunch of misgrinches (if you're village, then I sort of apologize, but not really).

On 3/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, StrikerEZ said:

I'm not a fan of how his votes have played out this cycle and I still think he could be an elim, even if Dannex wasn't one. 

So my lack of a vote the first 100 minutes of the cycle is suspicious? I'll assume, like Quinn before you, that you mean something else. I'm pretty sure you've dug from one tunnel into another if you're somehow village.

Assuming the Dannex/Whysper was v/v (since I don't have much of a read on Whysper), it seems likely that an elim would have voted on Whysper at least at some point, and I find Tani's vote the most suspicious of the all, followed by Quinn's. The vote on Tani is also so I can feel a little less bad about contradicting myself about voting out active players early (although with this size of game, C3 isn't really early, per se).

I have noted Taniel, but given their opposition to the D1 X, I've been reading them village. In their elim game thus far, they were fine with the X as they consider it to be strictly beneficial for the elims. Striker always does that. Quinn seems happy because they are not at war with the Wei.

12 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'm really not trying to set up a whole bunch of misgrinches. I'm just voting where I think things make the most sense. But, also, after sleeping on it, I'm not even sure my vote staying on you makes the most sense anymore. I'm just really confused. :P

Maybe the issue is with how confident you sound. But I got the impression last cycle that you wanted to grinch me today regardless of how Dannex flipped. Similar thing from Quinn. I'm not sure that makes sense given that my understanding of your suspicion of me is that it's related to the manner I voted on the counter-Dannex wagon D1.

Also, like I said above, I think you're tunneling, both in the sense that you are focusing on me, and that you don't really have any other suspicions (at least not that you've mentioned this cycle).

Last, as sort of a general comment directed at everyone, we need to get some more votes out in the first 24 hours than we currently have. Like, does anyone have an opinion different from mine about people voting on Whysper being suspicious? Does anyone think Whysper is elim (which is, as Quinn mentioned, a distinct possibility)? Anyone just have a random bad gut feeling about someone (that hopefully isn't me)?

The problem: Araris always seems reasonable. I want them dead, but at the same time, I somehow have the opinion that they're the last lifeboat in the open ocean.

Well, at least Tani (speaking of whom, it's bad form to change your username mid-game) has posted some. I think Ash and maybe Gears said they have IRL stuff going on, so I'll vote on Books, mostly because I don't want the thread to get any more dead than it is. At this point, I think we should just go full-blown Contribution Crusade until either all the quiet people are dead, or they've started speaking up/voting. Honestly, the dead doc is probably significantly more active than this place. Maybe if things don't pick up I'll join Striker and Quinn, in the hopes of getting a bit more discussion.

Voting Whysper isn't suspicious, in my eyes, so the Books X has no grounds. The only reason they voted Books here is because they had votes on them already. 

Conclusion as of D3: No change.

I dislike the Contribution Crusade™ on principle, but I feel incredibly conflicted about Araris. I would be amenable to the Araris X, but I'll hold on to my vote for now, until Tired!Gears can get some sleep and make better decisions. I will vote, though. This I swear upon my non-existent honour. Good night.

5 minutes ago, Gears said:

I dislike the Contribution Crusade™ on principle, but I feel incredibly conflicted about Araris. I would be amenable to the Araris X, but I'll hold on to my vote for now, until Tired!Gears can get some sleep and make better decisions. I will vote, though. This I swear upon my non-existent honour. Good night.

I mean, disliking it on principle is fair. I'm just a bit frustrated because we have 12 players alive still and it feels like only 3-4 (not including me) are somewhat regularly talking. I'm mostly just trying to get people to at least get on and say something. Preferably vote on someone, because seeing where someone votes is a much better way of gauging what's going on with a player than them just coming on and saying some stuff and not voting. But also, I completely understand you saying you'll vote later. This isn't a gripe with you, just me wishing more people would vote. :P

23 hours ago, Whysper said:

Why did you feel so certain that Dannex wasn't Elim?

Because claiming doorman at the very end of the cycle would make no sense for an elim but it would make sense for a villager, for reasons that I described D2.

And why was everyone else on his wagon up for grabs as more likely Elim? I mean, you should assume that most of the wagon would be Villagers themselves. Elims aren't going to all pile on him.

Not literally everyone, but it was a place to start looking for elims.

It doesn't seem like you put any thought into who was more likely the Elim on the wagon.

I wasn't looking for the most likely elim on the wagon, I was looking for someone who I could try to get exed who I thought was more likely to be an elim than Dannex. You were slightly suspicious and already had two votes on you, so you seemed the most reasonable alternate exe.

5 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Books

What's your reasoning for the vote on me?

11 hours ago, Whysper said:

I'm still not sure what to make of Tani/Gneorndin. Sometimes it just seems like playful joking. But then when I see stuff like the above, I can't help feeling it's rather performative. Kind of like trying to imitate [1]Villager indecisiveness, but to such an extreme. I could see myself voting them today. My top 2 Elim reads are still Tani and Books at this point, but I'll keep my vote on Books for now.

The two posts you quoted were not joking. If you ask, I will tell you if the post youre asking about was serious or joking. I'm sorry. Words on a screen don't convey tone of voice and I'm used to tone of voice being a factor in these games.

[1] You're right. I am both a villager and indecisive. I think I actually put more effort into trying to not vote the wrong people when Im village. As an Elim in MR49 I... cared less.

Also, in MR49 I believe I never claimed villager, but instead "joked" about being Elim.

Edited by Gneorndin
Fixing errors

52 minutes ago, Gneorndin said:

The two posts you quoted were not joking. If you ask, I will tell you if the post youre asking about was serious or joking. I'm sorry. Words on a screen don't convey tone of voice and I'm used to tone of voice being a factor in these games.

[1] You're right. I am both a villager and indecisive. I think I actually put more effort into trying to not vote the wrong people when Im village. As an Elim in MR46 I... cared less.

Also, in MR46 I believe I never claimed villager, but instead "joked" about being Elim.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your thinking. The way you explained does make me feel slightly better about you. I could see you being the type of person who conveys your personality this way with words.

The thing is, it's difficult to take someone's self-meta at face value. When they are self-aware enough to explain exactly how they differ when playing Villager vs. Elim, it's not much of a leap to assume they know exactly how to imitate their Villager self as Elim. In some cases, this is difficult, like how some people just can't work up enough motivation as Elim compared to Villager. So it depends.

Anyway thanks again.

6 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your thinking. The way you explained does make me feel slightly better about you. I could see you being the type of person who conveys your personality this way with words.

The thing is, it's difficult to take someone's self-meta at face value. When they are self-aware enough to explain exactly how they differ when playing Villager vs. Elim, it's not much of a leap to assume they know exactly how to imitate their Villager self as Elim. In some cases, this is difficult, like how some people just can't work up enough motivation as Elim compared to Villager. So it depends.

Anyway thanks again.

Once, I tried to lie in Avalon.

I failed miserably.

In Sheriff of Nottingham my ideal strategy is to try not to smuggle contraband.

In Mafia and Avalon my ideal strategy is to 1. not lie and 2. not say more than I have to.

I sometimes disguise truths as jokes, but haven't lied for a long time (as far as I know.)

I don't think I'm capable of imitating my Villager self as an Elim. I just can't do it. (Not sure why.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reva had found something in her Coppermind that she didn’t remember storing.

Dannex walks out of the hall, and everyone else follows, suspicious of him. Words are exchanged. Death threats are dealt, a knife exposed.

Dannex shows off his InfinityGauntletTM in response.

Reva immediately taps Chromium and stores Nicrosil, then Copper – making a Metalmind accessible to all just in case.

Dannex snaps. Half the people die.

Reva’s not one of them. She stops tapping Chromium and stores Duralumin, not wanting to be a part of anything that happens next.

The crowd cries out, pleading with Dannex to stay and help them find the traitors in their midst. He refuses and leaves.

A skittering horde of cremlings arrives, accompanied by yells of frustration from… Philico? They put the people back together and do… something to her mind.

Dannex? He wasn’t here anymore. Had he been here? Yes No, of course not.

Edited by Gneorndin

9 hours ago, Elandera said:

TJ Shade

Gut read only at this point. Too much of a headache to figure out why.

So that's the second Elandera vote that has read off to me... hmmm

2 hours ago, Gneorndin said:

As an Elim in MR46 I... cared less.

Also, in MR46 I believe I never claimed villager, but instead "joked" about being Elim.

:ph34r: I don't remember you being in MR46 :P (I believe you mean 49)

Sorry, between GMing and work, just been very busy. I thought I'd be free over the weekend, because I had a day off on Friday, but manager has decided to dump work on me, oh well. 

Just glanced though from where I left off (my vote during D2 -.-) and quick thoughts - Striker, village. Gears possibly elim if Whysper is. Whysper odd but somewhat village? Sus of Tani. Mainly village of Quinn but that one post, she over-explains her read on Tani 3 times in a same post, and when elims over-explain stuff it's usually related to their teammates. That's the only thing I found odd in her posts. So if Tani is an elim, then changing the village read on her. Sus on Books remains from previous cycles. 

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

Mainly village of Quinn but that one post, she over-explains her read on Tani 3 times in a same post, and when elims over-explain stuff it's usually related to their teammates.

Wait when did I do that? Not that I don't believe you, I just can't find the post xD

7 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Wait when did I do that? Not that I don't believe you, I just can't find the post xD

Wait hold on. Lemme find it....yes dis; yes it's from a while back but I'm just catching up now -.-

Sorry guys, I've just been burned out lately. (Mainly from trying to figure out what was going on in the MR, if that wasn't obvious... but also just in general. IDK.)

On 3/30/2021 at 10:43 PM, Whysper said:
On 3/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, Flyingbooks said:

I didn't think that Danex was an elim, so I wanted to place my vote on a person who could be elim who I had a chance of getting people to move onto. This was within the last hour, so I was mostly concerned with shifting the exe from Dannex, who I thought had an extremely low likelihood of being an elim to anybody who I could who I thought has a higher chance of being one. You were simply the only other even slightly person who I could hope to shift the exe to.

Why did you feel so certain that Dannex wasn't Elim? And why was everyone else on his wagon up for grabs as more likely Elim? I mean, you should assume that most of the wagon would be Villagers themselves. Elims aren't going to all pile on him. That's usually how it works. It doesn't seem like you put any thought into who was more likely the Elim on the wagon.

Whysper, where exactly did you get this from Books's post? They don't mention who was voting on Dannex, just you.

Edit: One hour goes by, and then Quinn and I post simultaneously ... okay then ...

Edited by Ashbringer

I'll vote Books. Their activity is odd this cycle. @Flyingbooks, could you post a read list? Because you seem to be suspicious of only Whysper and Araris, who happen to be 2/3 of the people voting on you. And I'd rather not vote out the relatively active Araris (even if he wants to go talk to Illwei. Sorry :P.)

I felt a little off about Whysper last cycle, but they feel better this cycle (although perhaps just because she's being somewhat active... and using less smiley faces.) I'd be down to turn this into a contribution crusade as well, if only because that would probably help me actually remember to post...