Long Game 75: Alethi Politics

Mat

32 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I...I mean...is it so bad that I want to keep how many spheres I have somewhat of a secret? Like...you obviously do too. I'm just confused why you think that's an elim tell. :P

Actually I only said that thing about my spheres cuz you did. :) If you hadnt I woulda told how many I had. :):) 

Edit: Also cuz I figured it would be super fun to accuse you of being evil and then doing the exact thing you did that made me think you were evil. :) 

Edited by Tani

Cara crept through the shadows. Her eyes flicked from left to right, searching for something. Anything that would help her. The only problem was she didn't know what would. Cara froze as two cloaked figures walked briskly past. They were speaking softly. Too soft to hear.

Sorry Illwei! My gut lied to me!

Also, there is nothing to vote on during the night cycle right?

P.S. I have zero spheres.

Day Two: Famously Neutral

Already what was ten is now eight, with who knows how many loyal. Oh, Stormfather, how long must we suffer this?

-Mishinah Bethab, wife of Highprince Bethab, 1173.7.5.3

Loradar Vamah whistled as he walked, hands in the pockets of his brown coat. Some might call the color garish, but to him it was pure fashion. It was a perfectly normal day, and nothing possibly could go wrong! Sure, old Dalinar and Sadeas were at it again, but that always cooled off quicker than most thought. And Vamah himself never got involved. Famously Neutral, he always said.

“Famously Neutral, eh?” A voice said behind him. Vamah jumped, and turned sharply.

No one was there.

“Hello?” he said shakily.

The voice spoke again, and Vamah turned around wildly to no avail. “That’s always what they say they are, and always are in the background. You, Loradar, are the perfect target.”

Vamah squinted. He felt like bolting, but his feet seemed rooted to the ground.

“Yes, someone so important as yourself, yet so… unimportant at the same time. You will not be missed.”

Vamah scoffed. “I hardly can believe that.”

The voice’s tone turned mocking. “Even in the face of death, you are insolent.”

Vamah’s face fell. He had half thought he was making the whole thing up.

Then his soul was booted out of his body.

Obliteration flexed his new hands, shaking his legs at the same time. It always took a minute or two to settle into a new inhabitant. This one was… particularly chubby, but the person themselves would prove useful.

Now, where to?

Obliteration stalked off, finally settling on the marketplace. Vamah had to have been keeping some cash on him, right? Or ‘spheres’ as they were called here. Obliteration pulled out a small one from inside the coat’s many pockets, and rolled it in his fingers. What a strange form of currency.

As he walked, he turned his stalk into more of a strut, a far more Vamah-ish easygoing gait. If he were to play the part, he needed to really sell it.

“Hey, is that Vamah?” The voice called from a nearby alleyway. Perfect. Obliteration thought. My first test in this new role.

“Uh, yes! The man himself. And who might you be?” Obliteration took a half-step towards the alley.

The voice spoke again, and Obliteration saw a shadow move in the alley. “Oh, just a regular guy. It’s quite an honor to be in the presence of a Highprince. Is that a new coat?”

Obliteration smiled, taking a few steps more towards the alley. “Why, yes. Had it tailored just this last week.”

The shadowed figure moved closer. “Well, it was fortunate that you walked by here just now.”

“Why’s that?” Obliteration asked, picking at his fingernails.

The figure moved swiftly, and Obliteration’s instincts kicked in as he stepped back. But he wasn’t fast enough; this body wasn’t exactly used to sharp movements. The figure’s knife stabbed straight into Obliteration’s chest.

The figure leaned forward and spat in Obliteration’s face. “Because you’re just the guy I wanted to see.” He stood and walked away, leaving the knife sticking up out of Obliteration’s chest.

Great. Obliteration thought. Just my luck. He left Vamah’s body in an instant, half a mind to go possess the attacker, but instead settled on simply leaving the Rosharan system for now. If anything, this was a sign that his time here was up.

Overhead, the skies darkened, ironically bringing illumination to the land.

And, just like the skies, the conflict darkened as well.

The Unknown Order has been killed! They were inhabiting Highprince Vamah!

A Highstorm Event has been triggered! All players gain 3 spheres.

The Day has begun, and will end in exactly 47 hours and 19 minutes on Monday, March 29 at 5pm PST.

• PMs are closed unless through actions.
  • There will be a majority execution today, with tied votes being RNGd.
  • The marketplace is closed!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Gears - Roko the Basilisk
  2. @Random Bystander - the Random Bystander
  3. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  4. @Flyingbooks
  5. @Dannex
  6. @Quintessential - Lady Lumi Tominel
  7. The Unknown Order - Obliteration - Highprince Vamah
  8. @Araris Valerian - Ruthar
  9. @forget me not - Cara
  10. @Tani - Reva
  11. @Archer - Filico
  12. @StrikerEZ
  13. @Elandera
  14. Illwei - Highprince Aladar
  15. @Whysper
  16. @TJ Shade

Conversation starter idea. Let’s all go around and share our feelings about each other’s posts so far. Feel free to be as detailed as you’d like.

Tani what do you think about Quinn?

Araris what do you think about Tani?

Quinn what do you think about Gears?

Gears what do you think about Araris?

Dannex what do you think about Flyingbooks?

Randby what do you think about Dannex?

Archer what do you think about Randby?

Flyingbooks what do you think about Forget me not?

Forget me not what do you think about Archer?

Elandera what do you think about Ashbringer?

Striker what do you think about Whysper?

Ashbringer what do you think about TJ?

Whysper what do you think about Striker?

TJ Shade what do you think about Elandera?

Famously Neutral, eh?”

The moment Filico heard those words, the lukewarm clammy feeling that he was fighting dissipated and settled into a shallow pit of dread. In that moment, Filico felt anything but peace in his heart.

As he knew he would, Filico raised his hand, and motioned to Anorast to draw his sword.

“But before you two can reunite,” he started, putting the content warning on this chapter.

[o.O]

OOOh, low info kill! An elim team after my own heart. That’s the kind of kill call I would make. Makes me think the active players are either elims or making good points.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Quinn what do you think about Gears?

Of all the people in this game, you had to pick Gears xD I'd feel like this was intentional if it weren't for A. the order of the player list (edit: wait Gears is nowhere near me on the player list! that was the MR player list I was thinking of XD how dare you ask me my opinion on Gears???) and B. the fact that you weren't around for Mat's last game. 

In answer to your actual question, he seems normal to me. High-effort play, but that's normal for him. I'm reading him slight village right now I think but tbh I never have any idea how to read Gears.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

OOOh, low info kill! An elim team after my own heart. That’s the kind of kill call I would make. Makes me think the active players are either elims or making good points.

why do I immediately see this as an elim playing an IKYK game

Edited by Quintessential

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

Whysper what do you think about Striker?

I'm leaning him Villager. Though I'm still confused about what he was doing with the insistence on tying the votes earlier then later going against that himself. I think he argued that it made more sense earlier in the day and not later, but I still don't get that. But as far as alignment, I really don't think the Elims would even try doing anything like suggesting to tie the vote, so this comes off as a Villager suggestion that's just confusing. :) 

14 minutes ago, Archer said:

Hmm yeah, I don't think TUO really even talked much, so not sure why they bothered killing them. I thought Elims usually kept around the null slots as potential MLs for later. But you might be right about it simply being to keep from revealing anything with another kill.

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The following players did not post during the Night turn. If they don't post this turn, they will be replaced. If you did post and I missed it I apologize

@Random Bystander, @Flyingbooks, @Whysper, @TJ Shade.

Just for the record, I did post during the night. With a bit of a long post actually where I explained my vote on Dannex since some people were suggesting there was no reasoning behind the Dannex wagon.

1 minute ago, Archer said:

They've mostly been RPing and hasn't contributed much, but that isn't uncommon for a new player. I'm reading them as slight village because elim!FMN might have been advised by their teammates to keep a lower profile or use their newness more. I'm definitely opposed to exeing them.

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Hmm yeah, I don't think TUO really even talked much, so not sure why they bothered killing them. I thought Elims usually kept around the null slots as potential MLs for later. But you might be right about it simply being to keep from revealing anything with another kill.

TUO did not talk much, as a matter of fact. They had a total of nine mentions in my notes doc, and all of them were from instantaneous VCs where Illwei had a vote on them. (Illwei, on the other hand, had 65 mentions at the end of D1). TUO never voted either, actually. So yeah, low info kill.

Just now, Flyingbooks said:
19 minutes ago, Archer said:

They've mostly been RPing and hasn't contributed much, but that isn't uncommon for a new player. I'm reading them as slight village because elim!FMN might have been advised by their teammates to keep a lower profile or use their newness more. I'm definitely opposed to exeing them.

Haha, what you just said sounds contradictory. :) I'm not sure how she could go any lower profile than mostly RPing and not contributing much. But just to be clear, I'm assuming she's Villager for now and want to give her a chance to do more and get use to the game. :) 

4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I lean village based on the late vote, but that largely depends on Dannex's flip.

Speaking of which, might as well get it going.

Dannex

Could you explain this more? I went back and saw that Ash voted Dannex right at the end there. Sounded like it was to avoid a tie. How does Dannex's actual alignment affect the read on Ash?

Just now, Whysper said:

Could you explain this more? I went back and saw that Ash voted Dannex right at the end there. Sounded like it was to avoid a tie. How does Dannex's actual alignment affect the read on Ash?

Ash could have created a tie between Illwei and Dannex and he didn't. Instead he made the gap between them wider. If Dannex is elim, that suggests that Ash is village because Ash had a chance to save Dannex (especially if the elims have vote-manip) and he chose not to. If Dannex flips vil, it... really doesn't tell us anything about Ash.

Just now, Whysper said:

If Dannex is elim, then I'd put a fair bit of trust in Ash for that vote. If Dannex is village, then the vote is mostly NAI and I'd not put so much trust that Ash was village.

Ninja'd by Quinn. What she said.

Also, Dannex's alignment may also say something about Araris and me since those seem to be the other main suspicious votes for people.

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Ash could have created a tie between Illwei and Dannex and he didn't. Instead he made the gap between them wider. If Dannex is elim, that suggests that Ash is village because Ash had a chance to save Dannex (especially if the elims have vote-manip) and he chose not to. If Dannex flips vil, it... really doesn't tell us anything about Ash.

Oh okay, got it. It doesn't exactly affect the Villager read other than making it stronger if Dannex is Elim.

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

If Dannex is elim, then I'd put a fair bit of trust in Ash for that vote. If Dannex is village, then the vote is mostly NAI and I'd not put so much trust that Ash was village.

Ninja'd by Quinn. What she said.

Okay, I see now.

Edited by Whysper

26 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Hey wait Archer what do you think about Randby? You didn't answer your own question!

I made the list with everyone but myself in it, then switched out the NK with my own name. Otherwise, everyone kind of got paired up with people who have similar playstyles or engagement levels, hoping that like can read like. 

Randby tends to play a low profile game. Normally I wouldn't crusade against that too much, but just for some contraversy... in the MR game they were elim in, they basically said in the elim doc, I'll avoid attention by not voting or saying too much. That's strategy worked. What's the difference between your behaviour in the MR and in this game, @Random Bystander

To clarify, I am surprised TUO was targeted. It's unusual for this website for someone with their profile to be hit early. They are alive in the ongoing MR, so maybe that's the reason? It wasn't a fear kill anyway, so we can guess there's an experienced Elim in the group calming things down. 

Edit: TUO you're a fun player to have around, please don't think I'm devaluing your contributions. 

Quinn has been dying a lot recently. Striker too. I was hit early in the last two MRs. And so on. Maybe they just said let's be nice and switch it up. 

Edited by Archer

32 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Just for the record, I did post during the night. With a bit of a long post actually where I explained my vote on Dannex since some people were suggesting there was no reasoning behind the Dannex wagon.

Whoops. You're fine then.