Hello wonderful world of the "17th SHARD"

hskeeter

I have finally joined after lurking for awhile.  So to introduce myself, from my perspective of course: I am an old geek, who has been around since the days of message boards and newsgroups.  I am a Physicist by education and worked in LASERs for 12 years before hopping over to computer networking for over 25 years.  I am an avid Tolkien fan and own a first edition Silmarillion I bought in a bookstore when it was first released.  My son introduced me to Brandon Sanderson this past Christmas by giving me TWOK as a present and I have now gotten through The Stormlight Archives to the current published state. Looking forward to discussing theories and interpretations with you all!  May God be with you and the Storms only charge your spheres. 

Welcome, fellow geezer geek.  I'm a retired chemistry teacher, with similar fond BBS memories.

Have you read Sanderson's other works?  If so, which are your favorites?  If not, be VERY careful in the forums - spoilers abound.

Wait: you say you've read the ENTIRE Stormlight Archive (four 1000+ page novels) in 2+ months?  You, my friend, are a power reader.  Luckily for you, Brandon is a power writer LOL