1 minute ago, Archer said:

I realize I’ve been connected to Stink, and this probably won’t help my case, but I see little reason to sus them. They haven’t said anything objectionable, and the alleged signalling that’s occurring is so blatant that it can’t be real. My pocketing comment looks bad, but I’d like to believe elim!me would have joined a CW rather than take a shot at Quinn the way I did. On that front, I’d say if the Stink thing bugs you, vote who you think is their teammate, not Stink themselves. It’s Quinn and I who have been sus, not Stink.

Agree with all of this, except: Since the Mistborn don't know anyone's alignments, they aren't going to look overtly sus or elimmy at all, at least not in the way they interact with others. And STINK is pretty chill anyway, so idk that we'd be able to tell if he were elim Mistborn :P 

Also my thing about Archer is at this point more of an "if STINK does ever end up flipping e!Mistborn" idea than anything. His more recent posts read fine to me, not forced or anything like that.

10 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

You outright dismissed the idea I'd had, which I wouldn't think was odd if it had included you.

The theory i dismissed was [4]:

also, now alternatively tinfoiling Illwei/Archer e/e-Mistborn, but that's just as hazy and obviously they can't both be true so eh)

I didn't dismiss theory 1, I just didn't see a need to comment on it, like I didn't see a need for you to comment on my theory. If you saw a dismissal it was that you counter proposing the team I suggested, a team that relied on you being evil for me, without you, made no sense.

This second theory, the one I said "was irrational" was irrational. because I saw no reason for you to be realistically thinking that unless you were trying to spin it away from you/Stink.

15 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

The vote is partly out of frustration, if I'm being honest. It feels like you're either not reading anything I say or intentionally misinterpreting it. So. I'm frustrated. 

1) Not a good reason for a vote at all and all it does in the long run is create more frustration. that's not a village thing to do. because I can't defend on that, and I've gotten killed for that because there is nothing for me to defend against, but somehow people getting frustrated at me is reason enough.

2) I'm not misinterpreting, and I think we've come to an understanding, which is nice. it doesn't null my STINK/Quinn team thoughts, but I understand your Illwei/Archer thing being you thinking I'm trying to direct discussion away from him, when he has 4 votes on him? is that right? that was the main point, but again, I didn't want to get into this.

Because, as I said, it feels to me like you're exaggerating and antagonizing my arguments. Whether you are trying to or not /shrug I'll figure that out later, but me being frustrated at you for not understanding me is not a reason to vote you, and not a reason for you to vote me.

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

On that front, I’d say if the Stink thing bugs you, vote who you think is their teammate, not Stink themselves. It’s Quinn and I who have been sus, not Stink.

uh. no.

This is like LG73: People thought I was defending Matrim, and therefore tried to kill me for it. Meanwhile Matrim was alive and well, and village. If I'm going for a purely informational kill then Stink is who I'd kill, as Quinn's alignment is based off of that, not the other way around. Quinn could be evil or not, but the whole theory I had was that STINK was the Mistborn, and it revolved around that.

Well, I sure missed a lot. :P

First off, as this is the last thing I read and therefore freshest in my mind: @Archer I saw your first comment about the Illwei thing earlier today but had to go to rehearsal before I could respond. I tagged her in that post because I was too lazy to go back and quote her. :P

Also, Stink. From what I've been reading, this makes the most sense. Everything with that Stink/Archer/Quinn interaction makes me think that there might be a mistborn in there somewhere, and I think Stink's the most likely of them.

Anyone got a vote count?

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

I didn't dismiss theory 1, I just didn't see a need to comment on it,

You kinda did dismiss theory 1. Right here:

Then explain why because that makes no sense :P.

And here:

Yeah no you're not convincing me here. I'm not saying I believe it, but Mistborn!STINK Most likely = Elim!Quinn, nothing rn on Archer.

And you never did say why. I'm not really sure why me blank-voting STINK to test reactions is more suspicious than Archer voting me shortly after I voted STINK, I guess is what I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

2) I'm not misinterpreting, and I think we've come to an understanding, which is nice. it doesn't null my STINK/Quinn team thoughts, but I understand your Illwei/Archer thing being you thinking I'm trying to direct discussion away from him, when he has 4 votes on him? is that right? that was the main point, but again, I didn't want to get into this.

You didn't want to get into it so you just... dismissed it instead? But yeah, that's what it was.

Illwei

Also @StrikerEZ here's your VC:

Illwei (1): STINK
Archer (2): Matrim, Tani
Pizza (1): Pizza
STINK (3): Illwei, Liranil, Striker
Striker (1): Archer

Spoiler

Archer votes Gears (Example vote?)
Illwei votes Striker (No reasoning)
 > STINK votes Illwei (...Meta-Reasoning :P)
Tani votes Liranil (Poke vote, no reasoning)
Quinn votes STINK (No reasoning)
Archer Votes Quinn ("worry about pocketing")
Quinn votes Archer ("feels forced")
Pizza votes Pizza (clueless)
Archer unvotes Quinn ("Fishing")
 > Matrim votes Archer ("feels like e/e distancing, but it can't be")
Tani votes Whysper (Poke vote)
Tani Votes Archer ("more logical choice") ??
Tani votes Illwei (claiming elim)
TUO votes Archer ("more on that later")
Tani votes Archer ("more logical choice")
 > Pizza votes Pizza (bored)
TUO votes Pizza (bored)
 > TUO unvotes
Tani votes Illwei
Illwei votes STINK
Quinn votes Illwei
 > Tani votes Archer
 > Liranil votes STINK
 > Archer votes Striker
 > Striker votes STINK
 > Quinn unvotes Illwei

Just now, StrikerEZ said:
1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Next game I'm making a bingo card.

What’s gonna be on the bingo card? I figure Illwei v Quinn in the thread will be the free space in the middle? :P

ooh

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

What’s gonna be on the bingo card? I figure Illwei v Quinn in the thread will be the free space in the middle? :P

Maybe not the Free Space - I do need to think of a few other things first - but that will indeed be making an appearance :P

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Also voting Gears for NAI things, arguing over the D1 vote, and an early misexe of Striker? lol

And Araris mentioning PM Safety, "sus", 4+ votes in the last 5 minutes before rollover, being vanilla, breaking the record for the longest PM/game, etc... xD

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

[1] ?? I don't see it, and I don't see how Matrim sees it. Even in this I'm trying not to, because I don't want to get in a big argument with you right now. I don't think you're an Elim yet, I threw out a guess at a team for fun, but the fact that you took it personally and then decided to vote on me for it is just ????

[2] Again, huh?

[1] Oh yeah, should have been more clear :P. I don't agree with Quinn's arguments themselves, I agree with her defense of them. I couldn't see any gaping holes and it all sounded legit to me. My gut said she was wrong, but it still felt village.

Though I gotta say I'm pretty storming paranoid about you after the LG :P.

[2] What's this referencing? 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I'd prefer if we can get most of us on the same page D1/D2 about both 1) what a Seeker should do if they find a Mistborn (or a Terris does; Tineyes probably can't prove Mistborn-ness unless two Tineyes catch someone targeting two different people) and 2) what we should do if a Seeker outs one regardless of what we decided for #1. It seems like more people are leaning towards letting the Mistborn be, but I want people to take a side.

1) Don't out them right away- that will just result in their immediate death. If they seem super suspicious later it might be useful but as of then I'd rather the Seeker/Terris just keep the info to themselves.

2) I'd rather not waste an exe- the elim factions will go crazy with their attacks no matter who it is. From their perspective, it's either the enemy Mistborn or Vin.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Striker.

I propose we put votes/retractions at the start of posts, to help the GM out. 

Welcome to the madness, Whysper.

I’ve been trying to think of how elim!me would signal to my mistborn that I’m on their team. Voting for them is not a strategy I would consider. It seems like a good way to get read as a threat, not an ally.

Archer is elim with Mistborn!Striker we gottem

Oh! I just thought of something, on the subject of scanners outing or not outing Mistborn:

To all the scanners out there, realize that if you out a Mistborn and that Mistborn turns out not to be Vin, you've just signed your own death warrant. Because everyone on the elim team to which that Mistborn belongs will know that A. you're a scanner and B. you're not one of them, so therefore there's no downside to voting for your NK. 

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Though I gotta say I'm pretty storming paranoid about you after the LG :P.

please :P.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

To all the scanners out there

oh! oh! I know this one!

uh....there aren't any! :P.

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wait.

Thinking about this more- People are voting Stink because of a long shot hunch off of something someone else did?

Like I get this is C1 but that's reaching too far imo. 

ikr smh

23 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wait.

Thinking about this more- People are voting Stink because of a long shot hunch off of something someone else did?

Like I get this is C1 but that's reaching too far imo. 

I mean, there's not a whole lot to go off. Do you have someone else you'd rather vote off?

22 minutes ago, Liranil said:

I mean, there's not a whole lot to go off. Do you have someone else you'd rather vote off?

The person I'm voting, sure. :P 

I'm not super against Stink, there is some form of info from it, but it's very selective. Like either we find half an elim team or we don't. And I mean I'd rather do a kill like that D1 than later but I'd also rather just... not at all. If there's a better option.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The person I'm voting, sure. :P 

I'm not super against Stink, there is some form of info from it, but it's very selective. Like either we find half an elim team or we don't. And I mean I'd rather do a kill like that D1 than later but I'd also rather just... not at all. If there's a better option.

I get that. So who's your vote on (cuz I don't feel like going back and looking for it lol) and why?

16 hours ago, Tani said:

Welcome, Whysper!

(Liranil)

Doesn't my way of welcoming you make you so happy? :) 

Haha, thanks :)

12 hours ago, Archer said:

Welcome to the madness, Whysper.

Thanks also :)

I've read the back and forth regarding how to handle info and claims and such. Not sure exactly where I stand. I can't help feeling that for role madness games, it's probably better to out information you get, otherwise it could easily be lost and your role ends up being worthless. I understand the worries about it giving info to the Elims, but they aren't quite so organized in this game and can't easily do as much with it. Even things like info giving them a NK target isn't necessarily all bad because the Elims each still have to determine whether they want to use their NK on the target or assume that the other Elim team will take care of it. So there's like a 50% chance they both don't attack or they both attack the same target (thus wasting a NK).

Then take something like a scan. If you don't out your info and get killed before that, we've lost info that might be important for the game. Special roles are assumed to be balanced between teams, so getting use out of each we have is important. Yeah, outing the info puts you as a target, but really you've already gotten info and the chances that you'll get anymore important info during the game is slim. Like someone pointed out I think, this game maybe has like 7 or 8 cycles. Even hitting a good scan the 1st time is quite a success.

Edited by Whysper