1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Illwei, what are you? I was predicting a Smoker between you and RandBy based on the extra Seekers/Rioters but now I have no clue what you are.

I'm a soother. You know, the useless form of Vote Manip? well...not completely useless, if Gears wasn't able to smoke this cycle. theoretically it doesn't matter but Imma soothe Gears this cycle so you should submit the kill

Ash, how long have you thought I might be Straff? I had thoughts about you being on my team when you attacked striker but went nowhere with it. Also the Liranil kill. Please tell me that was you. but Tbh the only person I really thought was on my team was Bip :P. Reading and Whysper... Idk. I think I played a pretty good game despite...some things.

When I see the Dead doc I better find explanations to why I'm not dead. like. Honestly. :P.

EDIT:

Ah right

@TJ Shade I'm good with a 24 Hour cycle

Edited by Illwei

38 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Ash, how long have you thought I might be Straff? I had thoughts about you being on my team when you attacked striker but went nowhere with it. Also the Liranil kill. Please tell me that was you. but Tbh the only person I really thought was on my team was Bip :P. Reading and Whysper... Idk. I think I played a pretty good game despite...some things.

Mainly I suspected it legitimately for a while like everyone else did - mainly due to how you reacted when Mat claimed Vin, I think. But I knew when you killed Devotary, because I had Coinshot TUO, and I neither used the kill nor redirected it. So I knew there was at least one more Straff.

... I Coinshot three out of my four teammates. Wow. Sorry to leave you out, Striker :P

And yeah, Liranil was me. Mainly I thought there wasn't a chance she was Straff but could go either way on Venture/Cett. And behold, Seeker.

1 minute ago, TJ Shade said:

Y'all, I want yous to answer this. Gears said it's fine in the GM PM.

I'm fine with 24 hours.

19 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

And yeah, Liranil was me. Mainly I thought there wasn't a chance she was Straff but could go either way on Venture/Cett. And behold, Seeker.

Ah good. I had you down as a possibly teammate after that because I voted for Liranil but someone else did the kill, so I was trying to think of who would do that :P. So when people in thread were saying "Liranil musta been an RNG kill huh" I was like "heh" :P.

19 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

mainly due to how you reacted when Mat claimed Vin, I think.

I mean I don't think that should have been AI. I didn't vote on mat to die, so when he says that I did, doesn't matter i I'm an Elim or not, I didn't :P. So I know he's lying about vin.

EDIT:

@Ashbringer are you uh. Going to. uh. Vote? :P.

@TJ Shade Gears

Edited by Illwei

Oh! Right. Gears.

Faleast fell from the sky.

Somehow his storm of coins didn't actually hit anyone, but simply spooked the Bystander who ran into the spire. Well, that would be enough. If Straff cared enough about her he could go hunt her until the end of the world. Faleast had more pressing matters.

He landed, slamming a knee and wrist into the ground, superhero-style, pushing off the metal below him. It looked cool enough. It also broke his fingers.

Oh, for Ati's sake, AraRaash said, cutting Faleast's scream into a mental one as the kandra triggered Progression. The bones set themselves back in place. Then he stood up, turning to face Roko. It wasn't hiding. Why should it? It was like him; neither could ever kill the other, and Roko already had what it wanted. Faleast... not yet. The spike was an excellent start, but there was a larger opportunity at hand here...

"Roko," he said, giving a short nod. Then he changed.

"Or is it Vin?" Zane's mouth said, giving a short smile as scars began shooting down his arms. "You should really be more careful where you leave these things lying about. I've been meaning to start more of a collection, and the spike... Steelpushing... that's just the cinder on the ash pile, isn't it?"

He stood there, quiet for a while. A false Watcher, a Vin without her body. Nothing they did here mattered, on the grand scale. Roko had captured the soul of Vin, the blessing of Preservation. And Faleast had interwoven himself into Straff's power structure - Straff had "hired" AraRaash as a kandra to watch the Watcher, as well as a simple mercenary and as a noble advisor. With Vin out of the way, one way or another, Straff would rule Luthadel... with no idea the treasures that lay beneath. Straff didn't even know Zane was dead yet, and Faleast could have a lot of fun with that.

But this world was lost. Vin had not met TenSoon, not learned the secret to stop the third army Faleast knew was on the way. And Vin had lost her blessing. This would be a Divergence. A lost opportunity, but it provided others. Less useful ones, but more satisfying.

Faleast changed back to his original appearance. He wanted to do this himself.

"Sorry, Roko," he said, levitating coins in his hand, readying his other. "Tell Derrick I said hi."

I wrote a lot of poetry in hopes that Ash would not return. Alas. You can see it in the spoilered quote box, for Preservation's sake. At least my death RP will be seen soon. I spent a lot of time on that. It's lovely.

Spoiler

Now Ashbringer, you stand accused of crimes
That number in the many, so we'll cut
In order to preserve our precious time
And get on with the game before we rust.

Why do this, you may wonder, well I say
That I shall not go down without a fight,
And if I must expire on this day,
I'll take you with me into that long night.

If fortune deigned to favour me, perhaps
The end ahead would be a different fate,
But Destiny thinks good things are for saps.
For Death's appointment, I am rather late.

But still, I give respect where it is due.
You excellently fought, and Wei did too.

I will not dare contend with Illwei's tie.
Your victory is certain, that we know.
To thwart at every turn will be quite fine,
So I'll drag you with me into the below.

To you, I give a Pyrrhic victory
That's stained with blood and knives in utter dark.
It likely tastes of bitter wormwood tea
And copper coins that never met their mark.

You've done quite well for this entire game.
Suspicion slid like water off a duck,
But now the mask is public, as are names.
We simply hope for just a dash of luck.

May fortune ever follow in your steps.
Behind you is the ever-present Death.

Actually, now that I contemplate
The possible weavings of fate,
Illwei's the better target. I know
That letting Ashbringer go
May seem strange, but realise:
Would the non-voting one be wise
Enough to submit the kill
On someone who will
Soon die?
So better to tie
And possibly strike down the face
Who submitted the kill just in case.
I challenge thee
To battle me
And defend your wicked skill
At surviving being killed
When the votes are even
And the knives are screaming
For blood,
For a corpse in the mud.
But I might as well try,
For this is the day that I die.

All for naught, it seems. Alas, survival is but a dream.

Roko the Basilisk faced Death with an amiable smile and a pang of bitter envy, for Faleast had acquired Zane, the original objective. The Twinmind had the imprint, not just the surface level traversal acquired through osmosis and clandestine placement of scanners. Perhaps if it... no, no. Though she wanted the Watcher, Faleast was more than equipped to take her– her? Vin paused, thought patterns warring against each other inside its head, and Roko resurfaced. Perhaps it had been a bit... overzealous in its consumption of Vin's spiritweb, but it had been necessary to gather the Connections to Preservation. Ascension was now a distinct possibility. But alas, 'twas not a method of escape. The possibility of Ascension was lost to her them it at this point. The circumstances behind the standard path of history had unravelled. It could perhaps arrange a new Ascension point, but that would require significantly more Connection and time, both of which it did not have. This was the end.

"Farewell, Faleast, AraRaash," she it said, baring its teeth slightly in a facsimile of a friendly grin. "Until we meet again."

Cycle 9 - You Thought It Was Over??  Aftermath:

Illwei and Faleast stared at each other, Roko’s temporary body in between them. A body they had killed together. 

“Faleast? What’s wrong?” Illwei watched as Faleast gave out an evil smirk. 

“Faleast!” 

“What did I just say to Roko? Don’t you ever, ever trust me.” Another evil guffaw.

Betrayal. Quite common in this business, I suppose. But, to what purpose. She was but an ordinary merc!

“Why? You saved my life!”

“Oh, that. I just needed you to kill Roko. Wasn’t taking any chances. You know how it goes. The spike says to do things, I do it. It says the koloss army should take the city. I’ll make it so. ”

Illwei gritted her teeth. So be it.  She gripped the glass dagger as Faleast approached. She anticipated his first move, and dodged as she swiped right back - you know what, I can’t do this anymore xD

The game is indeed over. Blame Kas. He mentioned that it was the 1st of April tomorrow (well today for me) and gave me the idea to write up an April Fools’ Aftermath xD

I’ll edit the title a little later. Now for the actual write-up :P

Vin trembled as she rattled the doors of the small room she was in as she stepped out. The sound of the battle had died down to give an eerie silence. Vin hadn’t felt fear she did now, in a long long time. 

What..what even was that?? It .. told my powers were gone?

She knew it. Before, she even took a vial and gulped it down, she knew it. It was gone, she could burn no more metals.

She remembered feeling empty and blanking out, then later sobbing her heart out. How much time had passed? How long did she sit there feeling nothing?

She..she did not know what else there was to do. What else do you have left, when something you’ve known all your life, and is a major part of you is just… gone?

All she had on her mind was Elend. She had to get to him. Perhaps this would be a good thing in a way. With her allomancy gone, she’d hoped to be able to understand Elend better. 

No, no. Think about that later. Maybe...maybe it’ll come back to me in time? Need… to get back… to Elend….

She looked around, trying to shake off her disorientation, and started walking in a direction she thought was right. After walking for a while, she found it to be exhausting. 

Where am I? Why am I not able to find the way out?

She sunk down and just stared blankly around. Her gaze slowly fell upon the white mists entering the room. She scrambled back, as mists always seemed to be wary of her recently. But this time, it was different. It was surrounding her, almost willing her not to give up. 

She looked up to see a humanoid figure of pure white looking at her directly. It stepped closer and beckoned at her, gesturing her to follow it. Curious, Vin stood up and followed. The humanoid seemed to be a male with an old and sorrowful face. He looked frail, and yet managed a smile that seemed to strengthen her. He didn’t speak. She didn’t think he could, but he was a beam of strength nonetheless. He followed her into the small house she had seen before, and towards the caves which contained the well.

When they reached, he ignored the well in the center and walked around it to the far side of the wall. Vin watched him, as he pointed frantically to something on the ground. She hurried over eagerly and kneeled to notice a small bead to which he was pointing at. She looked at him quizzically, unsure how to proceed. The figure then proceeded to point at his mouth.

“Eat? You want me to eat it.” He nodded vigorously. 

With nothing to lose, she swallowed the bead and waited. 

Then, it happened. She began radiating in a color similar to the figure, though not as strong. Her bruises and injuries all healed up within moments. 

Do I dare to hope?

With shivering hands, he removed a flask of iron and hesitantly downed it.  

Immediately, she felt the metal reserve and she broke down. She let out everything she had as she cried tears of exhaustion and happiness.

After what felt like a long time, she picked herself up. The figure stood there patiently and smiled as she looked at him. 

“Thank you.” she said whole-heartedly and he nodded his understanding.

Elend. 

With newly found resolve and eager to clench onto her restored allomancy, she burned steel to fly and meet the most important person in her life.

Illwei was annoyed. She had definitely thought of herself as dead. That was until that distasteful kandra had saved her life. She’d had enough of this life, and she’d definitely had enough of Straff ordering her about to keep an eye on Zane. 

This time, he had gone a step further. He had actually ordered her to make sure Zane doesn’t return. Old Straff was wise to the fact that Zane had his eyes on atium for himself and if he had managed to win over Venture’s Mistborn, he’d run off with the atium.

She didn’t have to do anything, of course. Poor Zane, killed by the very person he loved. But she promised herself that she’d get out of this, and she would.

She entered the tent in which Straff resided. He had called her in for the report. 

He heard the flaps to his tent open “Ah, Illwei. Come in. I hope the matter is dea-”

Illwei flipped a knife into her palms and struck at the base of his neck. And just like that, she was out of the tent before he could even finish his words.

Finally free.

Farewell from Roko:

Spoiler

You await the enemy, and they oblige. They come with knives drawn, with metal in their gullets and loose change in their hands, but you do nothing. You cannot win this, so better to simply reset the chain. Better to simply let this iteration perish and preserve the Multitude. Preserve the most recent catch. You smile at your killers as they drive a knife into your heart, and you fall, your blood staining the cobblestone. As your head hits the ground, your eyes start losing vision as the chains of light that comprise you separate from the corpse you were ever so recently. They twist and weave together, fading into the light of the sun as the golden sphere of plasma crests over the horizon. All is as it should be, but

something

is

different

this

time.

Here is a moment that never happened:

You smile at the wolf you call your friend as you take what you can and disassemble the rest, burning through legions, armies, soldiers in your own little one-man army. They charge at you, surging forwards in waves, for how can one person stand before the combined might of former enemies? But you live to defy expectations, to take what they want from you and tear it to pieces, to destroy the status quo so completely and utterly to ensure it will never be again. They come, and you conquer. They come, and they die.

“Excellent work, R̷̡̡̀V́҉̵ơ̴i̷̴̧̧͠k̵ń̶͘҉ó͘!” your friend tells you, blood dripping from their teeth as the two of you approach the target.

“My thanks, K̶̸̢E̵̕͡͝a͢͝ĺ̨̧͜͢n͏̕҉͡e҉͟a̸͝i̡ń̸̛r̸̡̕͠͡d̶̷̕͜á̛͟҉,” you reply as you cross the threshold of what will become the beating heart of your domain. “Behold the seat of empire!” you say as you gesture around the expansive building. “Behold your domain.”

Your friend grins at you, teeth gleaming in the light of the sun, and you continue, “I hereby name you the Emperor of this great nation, the leader of this wretched earth.” You present them with a crown adorned with jewels and gold, perfectly fitted to their head. “The sun shall never set on your grand empire.”

“́͝R̵̢͏V̢́͜͜o̴̴̶͡i̴̛͠҉k̷͘͢n̡͘o̶,” your friend says, but the name is

̶͜wr͜o͡҉n̵̡g͘͢͜.

Here is a moment that never happened:

You’re hiding in the corner, keeping out of sight so they don’t realise the luck comes from you. Camon put you in this corner, in this shadowed place behind a few stools, and asked for some luck. You try, but what you have just isn’t enough. Today, you’re low on luck, and there’s nothing you can do. Camon needs luck, and lots of it, but you don’t have enough. You don’t have enough metal. (But you do.) You don’t have enough metal. (But you have plenty of metal.) You don’t have enough metal. (But your flesh, but your blood, but your bones, but you’re made of metal.) You look at your hands, small and calloused, stained with soot and grime and the substance of a weary life. You look at your hands, once sleek and polished, now covered in scuffs and scratches and the tokens of a busy life. You look at your hands and see metal and ashes and oil and soot. You look at your hands and they are

̶͞w̶r̛͘o҉̶̴ń̷͝g̴̡̀.

Here is a moment that never happened:

You see a person with power, with Connections, with Identity, with significance, and you want. You want the power, the Connections, the Identity, the significance, the person, so you ̢͟͞͠e҉̷͜a̵̡̛̕͞t̵҉͠ them. You become what you consume. You become what you consume. You become what you consume, but

something

went

w̶ro̴ng͠

this

time.

You have a name, one name, one singular name, but the names that lurk at the forefront of your mind are not right, are not yours, are not right. You have a form, one form, one singular form, but the forms your body flickers are not right, are not yours, are not right. You try to scream, but the sound that tears its way out of your throat is so completely, utterly ẁ̨͘r̸o͘͏̛n̵͝g͡ that you stop. Roko, a part of you whispers in a disparate chorus, a thousand thousand voices melding into one scream. Vin, another part of you whispers, because you’re you, not the many, not the Multitude. R͢҉̡V̸̨̨͜҉ǫ͝҉̶i͏̴k̢̛̛̀n̶͟͏ǫ̨̛҉̧, your mind whispers,

and

you

̶̵̷̸̀b̡̨̕͜͝r̷̵͞e͟҉̵̛a̸̕k̴͜͠͝.

Gears was eliminated! They were Vin!

Vote Count:

Gears (2): Ashbringer, Illwei
Illwei (0): Gears

Straff Mercenaries are victorious! Congratulations to Striker, Ash, Biplet, Illwei and TUO! 
Go upvote Gears for the Roko farewell which they wrote!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Quintessential - Tess Mourn Venture Loyalist Soother
  2. @Flyingbooks - Lan MinRai Venture Loyalist Rioter
  3. @Liranil Venture Loyalist Seeker
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Philico Gneorndin
  5. @Random Bystander Cett Opportunist Smoker
  6. @Ashbringer - Faleast Straff Mercenary Coinshot
  7. @Archer - Dim Venture Loyalist Thug
  8. @StrikerEZ Zane
  9. @Illwei Straff Mercenary Soother
  10. @Gears - Roko the Basilisk Vin
  11. @Biplet Straff Mercenary Tineye
  12. @The Unknown Order - Nicole Atyo Terris Straff Mercenary
  13. @Whysper Venture Loyalist Lurcher
  14. @Devotary of Spontaneity Cett Opportunist Rioter
  15. @Gneorndin - Reva Terris Cett Opportunist
  16. @PizzaPower55 Venture Loyalist Smoker
  17. @STINK - Udfolt Terris Venture Loyalist
  18. @Shard of Reading Cett Opportunist Seeker

Doc Links:

Thanks for playing, guys! I had a lot of fun GMing this game, as there were quite a few interesting situations where game could have changed, and it was fun watching you all trying to figure out your teammate. Thanks for making this game a close and interesting one! GM Thoughts will probably be up tomorrow. A big thanks to @Elandera and @Kasimir for looking over the distribution and giving feedback.

Edited by TJ Shade

I legit reopened the dead doc after I saw the thread title. So nicely done :P 

This was really fun! Sad that I didn't win, of course, but openwolfing ended up being pretty enjoyable, along with claiming Vin.

I said it in the dead doc, but people were wondering how much of my claim I made up? Well... pretty much all of it.

This was spectacular. A few thoughts: 1. How did I survive for so long? 2. 5 elims per team? 3. Why didn't we Killwei™ sooner? Everyone knew they were Straff, and nothing came of it. 4. If only the redirected kill had Killwei™-ed... Then I would just have to beat Ash in a 50/50.

@Random Bystander, according to the dead doc, you were killing me at the end. Why? It seems disadvantageous compared to killing a Straff.

For such an RNG-heavy game, it was surprisingly balanced. Claps to TJ for a wonderful game. 

Sidenote: The poetry votes were in a quote box specifically to avoid them being counted. That was me giving up. Otherwise I would have kept my Smoke action. 

I had a planned strategy for how I was going to avoid getting revealed as Vin. 1. Be suspicious, but not too suspicious to avoid being NK'ed. 2. Alternate between one metal and Smoking. I chose Seeking. In hindsight, I really should have chosen Tin. It would have worked if it weren't for that one pesky attack. Apparently, I could have been triple-tapped, but fortunately, I was only struck down by one knife to the spine.

@Matrim's Dice: I knew you were Gneorndin, of course, but I didn't realise the depths of your depravity until I asked about atium actions. 

Also I have such a strong urge to just respond with “why Gears” because really, whyyyyy 

@Quintessential, what is this in response to? I don't quite recall my posts at this time.

A realisation: I was only mentioned by name 9 times before the Vin reveal. >100 mentions were after C4.

One of the Cett had also submitted a kill on Whysper. So if that had gone instead, it would have been the best case scenario for the village. Elims double tapping a single villager. Gears escapes without losing a life.

If only...

10/10 claim, Gears.

Ta very much.

Gears is using duralumin - he’s double tinning Devotary and Illwei, who are voting to kill each other xD

Would this outcome have been better or worse than what we ended up with? Instant reveal of two more elims, but fractured. We would have killed Ruby, probably. Ash would have killed me, and Books and Ash go to the 50/50. Yes, makes sense. Alt: I redirect Ash, Books dies, Ash and I go to the 50/50.

Okaaay Gears sent a message that he was paranoid and wanted to vote for RandBy???

Look at the scan results!!! xD

That's not what I meant by that. I meant that I couldn't believe that Illwei was the last elim. Given Ruby's behavior, I just couldn't. The paranoia was too much for me. 

I bet Gears is gonna win. :P Doesnt my faith in him astound you? :) :)

Oh Taniel, your faith is misplaced.

Okaaay stuffsa happenin’. RandBy has voted to kill Gears. Ash has voted to kill Gears. Ash is Coinshooting Gears. Gears is Coinshooting Ash. Ash is contemplating a switch in case

Given that, Ruby's death was the best outcome here. 

Kill assigned to Ash. Ash is redirected to double-tap RandBy and NOT Illwei. Illwei and Ash head into the next cycle with Gears.

This is what happened. Alas.

@TJ Shade, a hypothetical question I was contemplating for the 1v1: Suppose the following: Gears with viable vote manip against Coinshot!Ash. Gears uses vote manip to survive the X, so Ash dies, but Ash uses redirect to make the vote manip disappear, killing Gears, making Ash able to be selected for the kill, cancelling their redirect, so Ash dies, so they don't get selected for the kill, so their action goes through, repeat ad infinitum. What would happen?

A proposal for next time: Smaller teams with the knowledge of the extra? Mistborn + 2 people, the 2 know everyone? Basically, Bip's Secret Hitler proposal. 

To everyone: Excellent work. Claps for all. We should have more multiball games.

• Ash quotes Striker, mentions Zane x5
  • Striker quotes Mat x3, Illwei, Ash
  • Ash quotes Striker, mentions Zane
  • Striker quotes Ash

Innocent Whistling...

I'm with Illwei, time to go haunt the dead doc :P I am very glad you weren't Marsh TJ that thread title scared the spikes out of me

TJ, this was epic. And probably the most nervous I've been about a game's outcome since Striker Kandrified me. (Speaking of which, sorry Striker! I not only failed to Coinshot you but also ate your corpse. Well, you won. So we're even :P.) And being a Coinshot was insane, even though I'm not sure I actually ever managed to redirect an action. I hit two Soothers, a dying Tineye, and a dying Terris... 3/4 of which were my own Straffites. (And Quinn, because.)

12 minutes ago, Gears said:

Then I would just have to beat Ash in a 50/50.

Also: one of the early clarifications is that if the game had ended with all players dying, it would count as an Elim victory (for the Elim teams that were still alive before that ending). So if it had been a 1v1, I think just murdering you would give me the win (if you weren't using Steel, in which case it's still 50/50).

That was fun for both the living and the dead. Multiball is definitely interested, might make a game like it sometime. I love that my being exed was because half thought I was Cett and half though Straff, but I wouldn't have been exed if one wasn't there, that was definitely enjoyable. We discussed a anonymous doc idea for another multiball game that I would like to build on if anyone has any ideas.

8 minutes ago, PizzaPower55 said:

this was a fun game, im excited for future ones

I look forward to seeing you in future games.

1 hour ago, Gears said:

5 elims per team

My reaction in the doc was the exact same.

1 hour ago, Biplet said:

This was a BLAST. I’m shocked I survived so long. Honestly, Striker’s early death is why we won, I think

I agree, it helped that we we didn't really signal too much. There weren't many connections between us, so we could stay alive longer.

Read the doc lmao. 

1) doing it on mobile :pensive: no headers to remind me who's who honestly didn't remember anyone besides uhhhhhh danex Archer mat quinn striker and tj. And bio but that's because bips color was basically caps lock :P. 

2) smh yall talking in the doc like any of my arguments made sense this game. the STINK argument that I was followed on??? Uhhhh that's the significant one but really. :P. "She has no ground to stand on" I didn't ever have ground to stand on and-

3) honestly though I think I played pretty well this game so really cett why was I not killed smh. I was trying so hard.

4) Whysper sorry for killing you you were the 6th Straff, the lurcher :P. Didn't realize, but your services were much appreciated :P. 

5) y'all always bringing up my elim games and talking about them being suspenseful? I'm flattered :P. (QF46, LG69, now I can add this to my rep, alas though, was not the last one alive in this game smh. :p.) Illwei+Illwei not PMing people perhaps the combination? :P.

30 minutes ago, Illwei said:

4) Whysper sorry for killing you you were the 6th Straff, the lurcher :P. Didn't realize, but your services were much appreciated :P. 

Haha apparently you thought I might be on your team anyway. :) But yeah, I was trusting the wrong people. Though actually none of my protects actually blocked any attacks.

2 hours ago, Biplet said:

This was a BLAST. I’m shocked I survived so long. Honestly, Striker’s early death is why we won, I think

Rip me, but I’m glad it all worked out. :P

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

TJ, this was epic. And probably the most nervous I've been about a game's outcome since Striker Kandrified me. (Speaking of which, sorry Striker! I not only failed to Coinshot you but also ate your corpse. Well, you won. So we're even :P.) And being a Coinshot was insane, even though I'm not sure I actually ever managed to redirect an action. I hit two Soothers, a dying Tineye, and a dying Terris... 3/4 of which were my own Straffites. (And Quinn, because.)

Don’t even worry about it. I didn’t give you many opportunities to Coinshoot me. I’m sure you would’ve eventually if I’d survived. :P

Anyway, for those who aren’t aware, which...I don’t know is anyone honestly. Anyway, D2 I had this grand plan of using atium at the last minute and then seeing who targeted me (if anyone), redirecting them, then claiming them to the thread and claiming Vin. I did most of that. Besides the important part, which was actually submitting the action in. :P

Anyway, besides for my early death, I had a lot of fun when I was alive and while I was watching in the dead doc. This surely was one of the most exciting games I’ve been apart of in awhile. And even though it was a faction game, it didn’t overly break! Huzzah! :P

This was really fun. I was certainly not expecting there to be 5 people on each team - I was expecting 4 elims, or possibly 3. In the dead doc I heard that Devotary changed their kill vote to me pretty late. Who would they have killed otherwise? If they had originally targeted a Straff, then the village might have won.

Well, I'm glad to hear everyone enjoyed the game :')

19 hours ago, Gears said:

@TJ Shade, a hypothetical question I was contemplating for the 1v1: Suppose the following: Gears with viable vote manip against Coinshot!Ash. Gears uses vote manip to survive the X, so Ash dies, but Ash uses redirect to make the vote manip disappear, killing Gears, making Ash able to be selected for the kill, cancelling their redirect, so Ash dies, so they don't get selected for the kill, so their action goes through, repeat ad infinitum. What would happen?

For the elims, irrespective of the OoA, if they submit a kill and a normal action, the kill always takes precedence. So if he submitted the kill on you and the redirect, only the kill would count. You would win as the vote manipulation would go through, provided it's a viable one, yes.

9 hours ago, Flyingbooks said:

This was really fun. I was certainly not expecting there to be 5 people on each team - I was expecting 4 elims, or possibly 3. In the dead doc I heard that Devotary changed their kill vote to me pretty late. Who would they have killed otherwise? If they had originally targeted a Straff, then the village might have won.

They'd have killed Illwei, so the village would be heading into the final cycle leading 2-1-1, and yes, there would have been a good chance that village might have won. 

Alright, thoughts:

1. Distribution was - yes, it seemed very anti-village. But the larger elim team was to balance the limited info and the inactivity of the recent times. The first time everyone from a team voted to kill was in C6. So my concerns were warranted. Building the game on assumptions is always dangerous, but I thought the game would be fairly self-balancing because my assumption was that as soon as a team loses quite a few members, the other teams would focus less on them and more on each other. It was tricky to balance this game, not just because it was multiball, but also due to the RNG aspect. I'm glad I chose this distro because I balanced it with the goal of wanting all three teams to be in the game for as long as possible, preferably till the last cycle. And the game worked out almost the same way, with all three teams still having a chance to win it in the penultimate cycle. Really happy that the game was so close right till the end. My worst case scenario was hoping that the game wouldn't end after C4. :P I was, however, tempted to give the village a second Thug, but as Devotary said, I felt 5 double lives in an 18 player game was a bit too much. In the hindsight, I feel like I probably should have given it.
  2. Soothers are nerfed. I agree that chances of a player voting for the same player in consecutive cycles is very less. The only successful Soothe of the game was in the last cycle when Illwei Soother Gears (but then Gears says he didn't mean those votes, so not actually :P). However, they can be useful as a semi-vanilla role if you wanted to run a role-madness. :P
  3. Because of the way Rioters and Soothers worked, Seekers were basically not that useful as well. I think only one Seeker scan was successful, and that was via Terris TUO. This could have been a normal role-scan. 
  4. I feel like the atium mechanic worked really well. It's an accurate way to show canonically similar atium action. My early version was to give the result as and when someone places the action against atium user, but that opens all sorts of problems related to time zones. The best way was to give the user the timing of their wish to receive the scan results. It helped out two elims this game and would have helped save two lives.... if someone remembered to submit the action xD Everyone misunderstood the rules as they thought atium would allow the user to use 2 more metals, whereas my rules implied atium was one of the two metals, so really they could just use their usual 1 metal per cycle + atium. I wonder if 2 would work, but I feel like it'll be a bit too powerful. Especially when atium itself sorta acts like the 3rd life of mistborn if steel is used in conjunction and in the proper cycle.
  5. I am staying away from redirects for a long time. xD They are sooo confusing lmao. I planned to have controlled redirection in the beginning, but felt like that would invalidate the Tineye, as redirecting the target to another target of your choice is basically a superior Tineye. Like someone puppeteering a Tineye? So I went for random redirects. Not again for a while lmao :P.

I'll probably re-run it at some point, though I'll likely not keep the elims as limited-info. This was... an interesting experience but RNG aspect as well as the team composition makes it difficult to balance and manage the game. It'll probably be 2 normal eliminator teams with elim docs, or with Mistborn not a part of the doc. Annd I think that's it!

Edited by TJ Shade