Breeze was getting impatient. Being chased on a horseback by archers wasn’t enough and now he had to wait for His Majesty.

Sure, Elend’s the king and all that but, c’mon! It’s just like how it was with Kel! Weren’t kings supposed to be punctual? Well, none of them actually are, so I don’t know why anyone expects them to, but it’s Elend. The boy’s usually on time!

As if on cue, Elend entered his study, with Vin on his side. Everyone else was already present - Hammond was sitting on a plush chair in a corner and Clubs was teaching Spook tricks about gambling.

“Sorry about that, I...got indulged in some research.” Elend said sheepishly.

“Is that what kids call it these days?” Breeze smirked as he tried to ease the situation in the room. He knew he would be in trouble of course. There’s no way he'd get away with bringing an entire army to their home, but he’d talk himself out of it. Everyone would call his plans insane and yet agree to go ahead with it anyway.

“So, you’ve got the Cett army to come here.”

“Yes.”

“And you thought it was a good idea?”

“Of course.”

“.....explain please?”

“Oh you see, well. There’s your father’s army waiting to destroy you and I thought I’d bring him some competition!”

“.....”

“I think…” Ham intercepted, “that Breeze means we could get them to turn on themselves. It would prevent Straff from focusing solely on us.”

Elend looked pensive and seemed to think about it for a while. “Would it work? Theoretically, it’s possible because they have each other as a distraction, but I’m not quite sure as their ultimate goal is Luthadel.”

Breeze grinned and stood up. “Allow me to introduce my grand plan.” He could see them groaning but he ignored them and continued. “You see I didn’t just spread the rumors of the atium stash, I also sprinkled its location with them!”

“What? Where, Breeze?” Vin glared. 

Geez, you’d have thought he had invited the Lord Ruler himself to Keep Venture.

“Why, Kredik Shaw, of course! You see, they don’t need to take the city to take control of the atium. My plan involves them sneaking into the Kredik Shaw and searching for atium. And given that it’s atium we’re talking about, you can bet on the non-existent atium that there’d be someone important among the party sent to search for it.”

“That’s ….surprisingly a very effective plan. So we trap and eliminate them? Cut off the head and wait for the body to go away? Effective indeed...” pondered Ham.

Ha! See! No matter how crazy it seems, they always agree. 

“What about Straff? He won’t know about it.” 

“Well, you don’t think he had spies in the Cett camp?”

“Well….”

“Yes, that’s right. I buddied up to them, and now your father knows all about Kredik Shaw. So lad, you’ve got a decision to make. We’d all be there as one big happy family. And we trap them and take them all out. But we should be quick though, as they’re sending a party to Kredik Shaw probably as early as tonight.”

Elend looked around the room to see everyone give their approval. He finally turned to Vin, and they nodded to each other.

“You’ll be fine, Vin?

You take care of yourself, I won’t be there to protect you.”

And that was it. Elend nodded and looked around once more. “Right, we should start preparing then. Take our most trusted guards, and be careful.”

With that, Elend and Vin walked off, Vin would join them later. The others gathered around and began planning. 

This is going to be a very interesting night. Perhaps the young lass would slip her father’s attention and join too? 

He immediately dismissed the foolish thought, those would come later. For now, he joined the others as they began discussing strategy.

Welcome to MR49: Lode of Luthadel! This is a three-faction game with limited info semi-eliminator teams. I'm excited to run it, and I hope you all have fun. Since it's a three faction game, this game would work well with a higher player count, so please consider playing if you're got a bit of free time. Thanks!

For any clarifications, tag me (@TJ Shade). This game will be moderated impartially by @Elandera. Rules will be posted below, but for the formatted doc version, go over here.

Sign-ups will end on Tuesday, 16th March at 23:30 IST [GMT +05:30] and the game will began as soon as I send out the PMs.

Rules:

Spoiler

Factions:

Spoiler
  • Venture Loyalists: You are the inner circle and the most trusted soldiers of Elend Venture. You need to trap and eliminate other parties so your city can gain the upper hand in the siege. Your wincon is to eliminate all of the Cett Opportunists and Straff Mercenaries.
  • Cett Opportunists: You are one of the semi-eliminator factions. You have heard of the famed atium stash of the Lord Ruler and you’ve come to take it, as you know controlling the atium means controlling the Final Empire. Your wincon is to eliminate the parties vying for atium and capture Luthadel for yourself. Be the last team standing. You do not share a doc, but you have an eliminator kill each cycle.
  • Straff Mercenaries: You are one of the semi-eliminator factions. You have come back to take what is yours, which you thought your son was oh so kindly holding for you. But you were in for a shock when you realized that wasn't the case, and if that’s not enough, there’s a whole other army to challenge you for it as well. Your wincon is to take the throne by force and eliminate everyone else vying for it. Be the last team standing. You do not share a doc, but you have an eliminator kill each cycle. 

Eliminator Team Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Each member of the faction is given the identity of two other members of their team via their GM PM. One of them is their Mistborn and the other is a random teammate (subject to the player count, the random player identity might be cancelled).
  • Mistborn themselves are not given identities of any team members.

Eliminator Kill Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Each cycle, Cett Opportunists and Straff Mercenaries are entitled to a kill.
  • Each member of the semi-eliminator faction is to vote for a player to be killed in their GM PM. 
  • The player with the highest votes is killed, and the kill is assigned to one of the players who voted for them. 
  • If the vote is a tie, a random player sharing the tie is killed.
  • If the player with the highest votes is a member of their faction, the player with the second highest votes is killed instead, and so on.
  • The selected attacker’s normal action is cancelled and the eliminator kill takes the precedence.
  • Mistborns are an exception to this as they can make the kill in addition to their allomancy powers if they are selected as the killers for the cycle.
  • Players are told of the killed player at the beginning of the next cycle but no more details will be provided.

Roles:

Spoiler
  • Coinshot: You can burn steel and redirect an action of your target to a random player. You cannot target the same player in consecutive cycles. If your target has multiple targets, only one is redirected randomly. Your action is cancelled if you target another Coinshot targeting you. You are not told the redirected target of your target.
  • Lurcher: You can burn iron and save your target from attacks. You cannot target the same players in consecutive cycles. You cannot target yourself. You are told if you successfully protect a player.
  • Tineye: You can burn tin and follow your target to identify their target. If your target has two targets, you get to know one at random.
  • Thug: You can burn pewter (passively) and survive one attack/elimination per game.
  • Rioter: You can burn zinc and anger your target to increase their suspicion. Your target can only vote on the player they voted on in the previous cycle. If they don't, their vote is moved to the said player. Rioting cannot be used in C1. Your target will not know they were Rioted.
  • Soother: You can burn brass to calm down your target and Soothe away their suspicion. Your target cannot vote on a player they voted on in the previous cycle. If they do, their vote is cancelled. Soothing cannot be used in C1. Your target will not know they were Soothed.
  • Smoker: You can burn copper and protect you and another player of your choice from being Seeked, Soothed or Rioted.
  • Seeker: You can burn bronze to see the metal burned by your target. Atium and duralumin are not recognized by the Seeker. Instead, they identify the metal burned alongside atium or duralumin.
  • Terris: You can learn a random fact about a random player each cycle. This includes target scan, inverse target scan, or Seeker scan.

Faction-specific Roles:

Spoiler
  • Vin: You can use all 8 basic allomantic metals, but can only burn one metal per cycle under normal circumstances. You also have access to one-time use of atium and duralumin per game. Check the next section for more. You cannot burn the same metal in consecutive cycles. You can only burn Pewter once per game.
  • Zane: You do not think you are sane, and as such, have no control over your actions. Each cycle, you burn a random metal but you get to decide your targets after learning the metal being burned. You also have access to one-time use of atium and duralumin per game. You can burn the same metal in consecutive cycles. You can only burn Pewter once per game.  
  • Gneorndin: You can use all 8 basic allomantic metals, but can burn only one metal per cycle under normal circumstances. You do not have access to either atium, or duralumin, or both. You cannot burn the same metal in consecutive cycles. You can only burn Pewter once per game. 

Mistborn-specific Actions:

Spoiler
  • Atium: Once per game, a Mistborn can use atium to know all the actions placed on them in the current cycle at the time they wish. [For example - “Use Atium to know actions placed on me 30 mins before rollover]. They can then take an extra action to counter the actions placed on them. Zane has control over burning atium, and the extra metal during this cycle. Terris actions cannot be seen by atium.
  • Duralumin: Once per game, a Mistborn can use duralumin to boost an allomantic metal of their choice to affect two targets, instead of one. Zane can learn the allomantic metal to be burned for the cycle, and then choose to burn duralumin.

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Day and Night turns are merged into a single Cycle. 
  • Each Cycle lasts 48 hours.
  • Players have one action per cycle (unless the player is a Mistborn burning duralumin or atium, or a Mistborn eliminator submitting the kill).
  • PMs are closed permanently. 
  • Tied votes result in the elimination of a random player involved in the tie.
  • Inactivity filter exists, and if a player does not post in the thread for two consecutive cycles, they will be replaced or removed.
  • Kills are not distinguished in the write-ups.

Order of Actions:

Spoiler
  • Coinshot
  • Smoker
  • Rioter, Soother
  • Elimination
  • Lurcher
  • Elim Kills
  • Tineye, Seeker, Terris

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Quintessential - Tess Mourn
  2. @Flyingbooks - Lan MinRai
  3. @Liranil
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
  5. @Random Bystander
  6. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  7. @Archer - Dim
  8. @StrikerEZ
  9. @Illwei
  10. @Gears - Roko the Basilisk
  11. @Biplet
  12. @The Unknown Order - Nicole Atyo
  13. @Ventyl
  14. @Experience
  15. @Tani - Reva
  16. @PizzaPower55
  17. @STINK - Udfolt
  18. @Shard of Reading

Spectators/Pinch-hitters:

Spoiler

Spectators

Pinch-hitters:

1. @Condensation
  2. @Devotary of Spontaneity
  3. @Whysper

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  1. Use of pewter is passive. It does not count as an action, and no action submission is required. Mistborns always have a vial of pewter till their first use.
  2. Alignment and Role is revealed on death.
  3. Rioting fails if the target of the Rioter had voted for a player who died in the previous cycle.
  4. Redirected Seeker or Tineye get to know the information about their new target.
  5. Venture Loyalists do not get to know the identity of their Mistborn or a random teammate.
  6. If the last Opportunist and Mercenary kill each other in the same turn, both are decided victors. 
  7. Randomized Seeker scan from a Terris cannot be Smoked. 

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera

...Y'know, I was planning to spectate this one, but I didn't realize it was your faction game.

Philico is joining :P Too good to pass up.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Signing up as the village's deliberate bystander who intentionally loiters for reasons know only to him. 

I'll join the game as Dim, who in his free time is trying to create an Eastern street slang grammar book.

41 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Weren’t kings supposed to be punctual?

:thinking:

--

w a t

okay um.

hm.

@TJ Shade So basically Zane is Straff's Mistborn? but they're kinda not pog because while the other two factions get to chose what they do Zane can only choose targets? I'm confused. why aren't the kings punctual smh.

but I'll join.

What if I signed up to RP as Zane what then

Edited by Illwei

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

@TJ Shade So basically Zane is Straff's Mistborn? but they're kinda not pog because while the other two factions get to chose what they do Zane can only choose targets? I'm confused. why aren't the kings punctual smh.

They have their own weaknesses. Gneorndin doesn't get the use of either atium or duralumin or both. Zane can use metals in consecutive cycles. Vin doesn't have any weakness cause she's village. :P.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

What if I signed up to RP as Zane what then

Peek at the player list :P.

19 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@TJ Shade If a mistborn roles pewter, do they have to submit an action to burn pewter for that turn? Or will they just passively survive an exe/kill against them?

Pewter is passive, it doesn't count as an action if used. It's not included in the metal Zane roles each cycle.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Wait...so Zane can't ever get pewter?

Hmm, no he basically has an extra life. And since Pewter take no actions and is passive, it gets used up when he's eliminated or attacked. Hence, it'd be waste to include it in RNG.

Edit: 

Just now, Ashbringer said:

I think Zane always has Pewter.

Yeah, technically all the Mistborns always have Pewter until it's used up.

Edited by TJ Shade

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Terris actions cannot be seen by atium.

Wait. Terris actions? I don't see anything about Terris in the rest of the rules...

Edit: wait wait wait they're a role nvm I'm sorry I need to read things more carefully XD

Edited by Quintessential

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Wait. Terris actions? I don't see anything about Terris in the rest of the rules...

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Terris: You can learn a random fact about a random player each cycle. This includes target scan, inverse target scan, or Seeker scan.

It's one of the roles.

Edit: Why was that in a spoiler box...

Edited by Ashbringer