I vow to not lurk any longer.

Ullaboz

Hey guys, I’ve been a big cosmere fan for a while. I just haven’t joined any communities fully because there is always another secret, and another book I haven’t read. 
Rhythm of War was released when I was starting The Wheel of Time so I put it off. 
Long story short I put a book down in the middle of an Elayne chapter, which was in the middle of the slog. I then marathoned Rhythm of War and the two novellas as they were a breath of fresh air. 
Happy to join you guys with no fear of being spoiled! 

Hello there,

I understand what you say about Wheel of time. I started them in the year 2000, and then regularly until book 9 in 2004. Then I just quit. The story became too diluted for me. I grieved the non ending of the story, before I heard of the terrible fate of the writer. And I started again ten years leater with book 12, discovering that Brandon Sanderson took over. 

Anyway, i much prefer the writing of Brandon. 

On 3/9/2021 at 8:01 AM, oeuvre said:

Hello there,

I understand what you say about Wheel of time. I started them in the year 2000, and then regularly until book 9 in 2004. Then I just quit. The story became too diluted for me. I grieved the non ending of the story, before I heard of the terrible fate of the writer. And I started again ten years leater with book 12, discovering that Brandon Sanderson took over. 

Anyway, i much prefer the writing of Brandon. 

I have a weird relationship with Jordan’s writing. When it is good, it’s some of the best I’ve read. My main problem with him is the unlikable viewpoint characters. I’ve never wanted to skip entire chapters like I have when reading WOT. 

At the same time, it’s very obvious where Sanderson got his inspirations. I think he definitely benefited from Jordan doing some things first. Ah well, back to powering through Path of Daggers. 

Thanks for responding!