The Power of Souls

Tacitus

So yeah, I just started a RP a few days ago, but, 500 posts, and I've been waiting for this one for a bit now. The Power of Souls is basically part one of five parts that make up the collective series of Revelaium.

It's set on Alha, a planet with a little universal significance, but I'm not going to tell you why. The continent this takes place on is actually called Alha (That's not confusing), which is fairly technologically advanced but in some weird ways. They've got concrete, and stronger variants, but they don't have gunpowder (Well, they don't, but some people do...). They've got real good crossbows, too. Basically, they've got semi-skyscrapers and more modern buildings, but haven't yet mapped the whole world. (Like I said. Real weird.) 

Here's the magic system:

Spoiler

Everyone on Alha can access on of nine abilities, though to different extents and with different skills. Many choose only one to pursue and explore.

Pulling- It allows one to pull detailed thoughts into the real world. These objects will fade at different rates, depending on the skill and talent of the user, though none last longer than a day. If a Bringer Pulls too many objects, they and all of their objects will disappear from, as far as can be told, reality.

Clearing- It allows the user to use 'Nothing' in a few different ways. Nothing can consume objects in different stages.

Full Consumption- The object is destroyed.

Temporary Consumption- The object acts as If it were inexistent until the Nothing is pulled out of it.

Droplet Consumption- The object will appear as nothing, but remain in physical  form.

Volatile Consumptions- Space: A consumption of space will allow the user to travel by temporarily consuming the space in between the destination and them. Time: A consumption of time will allow the user to see into the future, foggily. Volatile consumptions are quite dangerous.

Insight-  It allows the user to gain an Insight once every six months, giving the user a Truth that they desire to know. Insight is a very difficult ability to use correctly.

Stasis- It allow the user to stop an object from changing. This includes all motion (bar planetary), cellular processes, death, and change in temperature or size.

Turning- It allows the user to draw the essence of nonsense into an object, turning it into the opposite of what intelligent beings think it to be.

Taint- This causes one to be Overtaken by a sort of dark force and controlled by it. It is unknown whether this grants some sort of ability.

Lightcall- Lightcall is the ability to allow a sort of destructive energy into reality and restrain it to some extent. Any object the Lightstrings touch will be burned or vaporized.

Boosting-  This allows the user to greater use other abilities. 

Historium- It allows the user to view the past in exactness.

There's this group called the Char, and basically you guys' goal is to defeat them. You'll see why you want to do that after reading a little bit.

Klier strolled up the stone steps of the building as if he owned them. With a slight smile on his face, he lightly walked to the room where likely around six trained assassins lurked, waiting to strike. It was really the perfect building for the job, abandoned and scheduled to be destroyed by Lightcallers the next morning. Why, Klier didn't know. Reaching his desired floor, he opened a wooden door, slammed it open, really, and enjoyed the feeling of surprising professional killers. One leaned next to the window, a long-range crossbow in his hands. Klier quickly destroyed that with well-aimed Lightstrings. Goodness, but he enjoyed these abilities. Quickly, he put the clothes of the men into a Stasis, not an easy thing to do, and leaned down towards the man who had to be the leader. "Hi there!" The man scowled. "Me oh my oh deary goshness," He said, "Now why are you trying to kill the ambassador?" It was quite common knowledge that the Alhaian Waterdogs had discovered a new continent, as well as a new people. Those people had sent an ambassador back, who was currently publicly meeting with the Kingmen of Alha. It was less common knowledge that the Char was heavily opposed to an alliance between these people, Nuerans, as they were called, and Alha. "Well, no harm no foul, I suppose," Klier said to the man. All of the Char killers remained silent. And then there was an explosion. Klier quickly peered out the window, and saw the Nueran ships in pieces. Crowds ran screaming. Klier sighed, and turned back to the assassins. "That wasn't very smart of you."

It was a pain to add more death to that day, but at least they died quickly.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:45 AM, Omi the Counselor said:

So yeah, I just started a RP a few days ago, but, 500 posts, and I've been waiting for this one for a bit now. The Power of Souls is basically part one of five parts that make up the collective series of Revelaium.

It's set on Alha, a planet with a little universal significance, but I'm not going to tell you why. The continent this takes place on is actually called Alha (That's not confusing), which is fairly technologically advanced but in some weird ways. They've got concrete, and stronger variants, but they don't have gunpowder (Well, they don't, but some people do...). They've got real good crossbows, too. Basically, they've got semi-skyscrapers and more modern buildings, but haven't yet mapped the whole world. (Like I said. Real weird.) 

Here's the magic system:

Hide contents

Everyone on Alha can access on of nine abilities, though to different extents and with different skills. Many choose only one to pursue and explore.

Pulling- It allows one to pull detailed thoughts into the real world. These objects will fade at different rates, depending on the skill and talent of the user, though none last longer than a day. If a Bringer Pulls too many objects, they and all of their objects will disappear from, as far as can be told, reality.

Clearing- It allows the user to use 'Nothing' in a few different ways. Nothing can consume objects in different stages.

Full Consumption- The object is destroyed.

Temporary Consumption- The object acts as If it were inexistent until the Nothing is pulled out of it.

Droplet Consumption- The object will appear as nothing, but remain in physical  form.

Volatile Consumptions- Space: A consumption of space will allow the user to travel by temporarily consuming the space in between the destination and them. Time: A consumption of time will allow the user to see into the future, foggily. Volatile consumptions are quite dangerous.

Insight-  It allows the user to gain an Insight once every six months, giving the user a Truth that they desire to know. Insight is a very difficult ability to use correctly.

Stasis- It allow the user to stop an object from changing. This includes all motion (bar planetary), cellular processes, death, and change in temperature or size.

Turning- It allows the user to draw the essence of nonsense into an object, turning it into the opposite of what intelligent beings think it to be.

Taint- This causes one to be Overtaken by a sort of dark force and controlled by it. It is unknown whether this grants some sort of ability.

Lightcall- Lightcall is the ability to allow a sort of destructive energy into reality and restrain it to some extent. Any object the Lightstrings touch will be burned or vaporized.

Boosting-  This allows the user to greater use other abilities. 

Historium- It allows the user to view the past in exactness.

There's this group called the Char, and basically you guys' goal is to defeat them. You'll see why you want to do that after reading a little bit.

Klier strolled up the stone steps of the building as if he owned them. With a slight smile on his face, he lightly walked to the room where likely around six trained assassins lurked, waiting to strike. It was really the perfect building for the job, abandoned and scheduled to be destroyed by Lightcallers the next morning. Why, Klier didn't know. Reaching his desired floor, he opened a wooden door, slammed it open, really, and enjoyed the feeling of surprising professional killers. One leaned next to the window, a long-range crossbow in his hands. Klier quickly destroyed that with well-aimed Lightstrings. Goodness, but he enjoyed these abilities. Quickly, he put the clothes of the men into a Stasis, not an easy thing to do, and leaned down towards the man who had to be the leader. "Hi there!" The man scowled. "Me oh my oh deary goshness," He said, "Now why are you trying to kill the ambassador?" It was quite common knowledge that the Alhaian Waterdogs had discovered a new continent, as well as a new people. Those people had sent an ambassador back, who was currently publicly meeting with the Kingmen of Alha. It was less common knowledge that the Char was heavily opposed to an alliance between these people, Nuerans, as they were called, and Alha. "Well, no harm no foul, I suppose," Klier said to the man. All of the Char killers remained silent. And then there was an explosion. Klier quickly peered out the window, and saw the Nueran ships in pieces. Crowds ran screaming. Klier sighed, and turned back to the assassins. "That wasn't very smart of you."

It was a pain to add more death to that day, but at least they died quickly.

I can join.

Ylir leaned on the balcony watching the scene "interesting." whispered Ylir, "very interesting."

• 2 months later...

Well, I hate to start a revolution, but... Klier thought as he exited the building. Well, okay, that's a lie.

Whoops. Necro, kind of. ( I'm pretending like it was an accident)

Edited by Omi the Counselor