Guardians of the Prophet

Mystic Syn

3 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

That is one scary looking stick. 

Heart thumping, Belle looked up at the monk innocently. "No, no, I'm just...people watching. It's a hobby of mine. I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I use it, uh, for inspiration, you see...I'm an artist."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Oh," she said, smiling more genuinely now. Hyn held her staff behind her back. "It's the first time someone actually did that to me rather than look at me weird. Is it okay if I see the art?"

"Uh... You do realize she's lying, right?" She said, confused. It was obvious to her, because the girl was acting a lot like she acted when she lied. She was even giving her the same inoccent expression. She then grinned. "And I think we will get along just fine." She said to the girl.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Uh... You do realize she's lying, right?" She said, confused. It was obvious to her, because the girl was acting a lot like she acted when she lied. She was even giving her the same inoccent expression. She then grinned. "And I think we will get along just fine." She said to the girl.

"The monks said, 'Always show people kindness, even if they're lying or unkind.'" Hyn continued to smile. "I spend the first seven years of my life in this city, of course I know what the people are like. I don't know what they're going through, so I have no other choice but to humor them."

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Uh...Why would you think I'm lying?" Belle asked nervously. 

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

She laughed. "You act like I do when I lie." She said grinning a genuine grin, with a twinkle in her eyes. "And it's not that big of a deal." She said cheerily.

Note to self: Make better thought out and believable back-up people. Susie, the artist? Obviously, that didn't work. Also, I need to work on my acting skills. Belle sighed. Not really much point to lie to them now. 

"What were you guys doing?"

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

Note to self: Make better thought out and believable back-up people. Susie, the artist? Obviously, that didn't work. Also, I need to work on my acting skills. Belle sighed. Not really much point to lie to them now. 

"We were talking. I was offering my help to her." Join us! "What's your name?"

1 minute ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"I'm Belle. What were you guys talking about?"

"Oh, we were talking a bit about the prophet situation, but mostly introducing ourselves. I'm Taniala, by the way." She then grinned, excited. "And you obviously have a secret. Don't answer if you don't want to, but did you run away from home?"

She's guessing that because of age.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Oh, we were talking a bit about the prophet situation, but mostly introducing ourselves. I'm Taniala, by the way." She then grinned, excited. "And you obviously have a secret. Don't answer if you don't want to, but did you run away from home?"

Belle paused. "I will neither confirm nor deny. Nice to meet you." She had only just met Taniala, but Belle kind of felt like she could trust her. She didn't trust that feeling, though.

5 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Belle paused. "I will neither confirm nor deny. Nice to meet you." She had only just met Taniala, but Belle kind of felt like she could trust her. She didn't trust that feeling, though.

She grinned. "I assume you aren't actually an artist. I'm a strategist, what are you?"

I totally forgot this existed for a second.

34 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"I was sent by the monastery to assess the Prophet Situation." She shrugged, looking towards Huzh. "He was sent to protect me, even though I know I can defend myself."

33 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I was sent by the monastery to assess the Prophet Situation." She shrugged, looking towards Huzh. "He was sent to protect me, even though I know I can defend myself."

So two fighters. Belle warily glanced at the person the monk was looking at.

"Are you trying to find the lost prophet?"

5 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

So two fighters. Belle warily glanced at the person the monk was looking at.

"Are you trying to find the lost prophet?"

"Considering that I was sent to assess the situation," she said, looking back, "I would say that I'm trying to find them. The last Prophet was a part of the monastery I'm from, and they want to know what happened to him and where the new Prophet is."

4 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Considering that I was sent to assess the situation," she said, looking back, "I would say that I'm trying to find them. The last Prophet was a part of the monastery I'm from, and they want to know what happened to him and where the new Prophet is."

"Why do you care about the prophets?"

1 minute ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Why do you care about the prophets?"

Hyn exhaled, probably letting out some frustration. "As a Counselor Monk," she started, "it's my duty to watch over any Counselor that may come our way, since we are so rare. My main priority is to watch over the Prophet and make sure he or she or they are alright and safe. More often than not, they come to the Counselor Monks to train to be the Prophet."

On 3/29/2021 at 6:41 PM, Mystic Syn said:

Hyn exhaled, probably letting out some frustration. "As a Counselor Monk," she started, "it's my duty to watch over any Counselor that may come our way, since we are so rare. My main priority is to watch over the Prophet and make sure he or she or they are alright and safe. More often than not, they come to the Counselor Monks to train to be the Prophet."

"What if the prophet doesn't want to be with you guys though? What if that is why the new prophet is hiding?"

12 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"What if the prophet doesn't want to be with you guys though? What if that is why the new prophet is hiding?"

"If the Cycle follows accordingly, the new Prophet would've been born at the time when the Prophet of the Past Generation has passed. The new Prophet isn't 'hiding,' per se, we just don't know where they could be. No one has said anything. The Prophet must be protected at all costs, even if they are a child; after all, they are the person to lead the continent. Without them, well, chaos would ensue."

On 4/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, Mystic Syn said:

"If the Cycle follows accordingly, the new Prophet would've been born at the time when the Prophet of the Past Generation has passed. The new Prophet isn't 'hiding,' per se, we just don't know where they could be. No one has said anything. The Prophet must be protected at all costs, even if they are a child; after all, they are the person to lead the continent. Without them, well, chaos would ensue."

"What if they don't want to lead the continent? How do you know there will be chaos without a prophet?"

8 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"What if they don't want to lead the continent? How do you know there will be chaos without a prophet?"

"I don't know if there will be chaos," she said, cheerfully. "My duty is to just protect and guide the Prophet. They aren't the 'leader' of the continent; they are the peacekeepers, seeing the futures of the different countries."

On 4/3/2021 at 3:52 AM, Mystic Syn said:

"I don't know if there will be chaos," she said, cheerfully. "My duty is to just protect and guide the Prophet. They aren't the 'leader' of the continent; they are the peacekeepers, seeing the futures of the different countries."

"Why do you think the new prophet is here?"