A perpendicularity in the southern roughs

Lesser spren

It could be where the Well or Pits were moved, or where Trell's activities have caused one to form, or perhaps Harmony manifests a third Perpendicularity in addition to the Pits and Well. What I am wondering is if Shards can only form one - one per planet, or per avatar, or in total. The colour is also likely significant, as Preservation was seen as white and Ruin as black, so where does the blue come from, assuming that is a Perpendicularity.

Also possible that the Well and Pits of Era 1 are non-functional whereever they are now, and Harmony manifested his own.  But personally I doubt that just because I think it would imply a more complete co-mingling of the two shards than we've been told has happened so far.

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

Also possible that the Well and Pits of Era 1 are non-functional whereever they are now, and Harmony manifested his own.  But personally I doubt that just because I think it would imply a more complete co-mingling of the two shards than we've been told has happened so far.

I mean, he would drop Harmony and he does manifest a unique godmetal, so...

7 hours ago, Ixthos said:

The colour is also likely significant, as Preservation was seen as white and Ruin as black, so where does the blue come from, assuming that is a Perpendicularity.

Isn't the combined color of black and white gray?

Yup, we did notice it, the broadsheets have been pored over quite a bit, it's just been a while since anyone's made a topic on it, since we haven't had a new Mistborn book in a while... so there hasn't been any new info.

Brandon's RAFO'd on the no. of Perpendicularities that Harmony has. We do know that Harmony has his own Godmetal (which is super volatile and can be used for mechanical Allomancy), that Harmony could create Lerasium or Atium (so they're probably no longer produced naturally anymore), that the new Mists are of Harmony, not just Preservation... so Harmony's Perpendicularity or Perpendicularities could go either way. We do see the former Pits of Hathsin which were moved during the Catacendre, and it was pretty inactive at the time. People do argue that it could become active again or that a new place might be created to produce Atium. We have WoBs that imply that the latter is not true, the former might actually be possible, as Kelsier only destroyed the buds, not the Perpendicularity itself... but Ruin is now held by the same Vessel as Preservation and at least somewhat intermingled (there's a WoB that if Sazed died, he'd drop Harmony, not Preservation and Ruin; there's another WoB that says separating the two Shards would take some effort). Anyway, the idea is that the Pits might activate again and that's why the next book is called the Lost Metal. I'm not entirely sure about the theory, but it's interesting.

Edited by Honorless

8 hours ago, Retrac said:

Isn't the combined color of black and white gray?

It is, though the colour of a shard might not necesserily be consistant across time, as perceptions change. Harmony could also be seen as black and white together, rather than a mixed grey. The reason I'm asking about blue though is because the pool in the paper said the pool was blue, raising interesting questions.

(Also, and this will probably only make sense to anyone reading this in the future if your signature doesn't change, but I'm reminded of a poem based on your signature:

Once in a stately passion I cried with desperate grief,
'Oh Lord, my heart is black with guile, of sinners, I am chief.'
Then stooped my guardian angel and whispered from behind,
'Vanity my little man, you're nothing of the kind.'

- James Thomson)

53 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Yup, we did notice it, the broadsheets have been pored over quite a bit, it's just been a while since anyone's made a topic on it, since we haven't had a new Mistborn book in a while... so there hasn't been any new info.

Brandon's RAFO'd on the no. of Perpendicularities that Harmony has. We do know that Harmony has his own Godmetal (which is super volatile and can be used for mechanical Allomancy), that Harmony could create Lerasium or Atium (so they're probably no longer produced naturally anymore), that the new Mists are of Harmony, not just Preservation... so Harmony's Perpendicularity or Perpendicularities could go either way. We do see the former Pits of Hathsin which were moved during the Catacendre, and it was pretty inactive at the time. People do argue that it could become active again or that a new place might be created to produce Atium. We have WoBs that imply that the latter is not true, the former might actually be possible, as Kelsier only destroyed the buds, not the Perpendicularity itself... but Ruin is now held by the same Vessel as Preservation and at least somewhat intermingled (there's a WoB that if Sazed died, he'd drop Harmony, not Preservation and Ruin; there's another WoB that says separating the two Shards would take some effort). Anyway, the idea is that the Pits might activate again and that's why the next book is called the Lost Metal. I'm not entirely sure about the theory, but it's interesting.

The question though is are the former pits still the site of the Perpendicularity, or has the Perpendicularity been moved, in a sense separating the power source from the site of the original location while that location still bares signs of its original function? Presumably the Southern Scadrians also have access to a way to leave the planet.

3 hours ago, Ixthos said:

The question though is are the former pits still the site of the Perpendicularity, or has the Perpendicularity been moved, in a sense separating the power source from the site of the original location while that location still bares signs of its original function? Presumably the Southern Scadrians also have access to a way to leave the planet.

The Atium geodes were situated right above Ruin's Pool, so it's quite possible that they grew there because of the Perpendicularity. Can the... location where the Godmetal occurred naturally and the Perpendicularity be separated?

As for South Scadrians, they have airships and they have visited the northern continent before, most of which is left uninhabited, unexplored by the people of Elendel Basin. The temple of the Sovereign itself is also located in the Southern Roughs, which may not be a coincidence.

Just now, Honorless said:

The Atium geodes were situated right above Ruin's Pool, so it's quite possible that they grew there because of the Perpendicularity. Can the... location where the Godmetal occurred naturally and the Perpendicularity be separated?

As for South Scadrians, they have airships and they have visited the northern continent before, most of which is left uninhabited, unexplored by the people of Elendel Basin. The temple of the Sovereign itself is also located in the Southern Roughs, which may not be a coincidence.

Considering it’s Kelsier’s temple? No, it’s not a coincidence. There’s always another Secret...

20 hours ago, Lesser spren said:

I know that this is most likely referring to a southern Scadrian around a perpendicularity but I haven't seen anybody talk about it.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 115417.jpg

I was theoretizing some time ago that Harmony has two Perpendicularities, one in North, one in South. On Scadrial Godmetal forms near/above Perpendicularitiy, and we know what Harmonys Godmetal is, it is ettmetal, fuel in SoScad magitech. They need collect it somewhere so this is where SoScad Perpendicularity is.

But in North also need to be Perpendicularity because we've met Hoid, Nazh and Khriss. More even, they apear in New Seran. While Hoid probably is looking for Wax, Khriss probably is not, so she just is there. Is plausible She is near Perpendicularity itself for convinience. There are also two more Worldhoppers, they have wedding in AoL. We can assume all of them dont trip to the other side of planet. There is also Demoux and Felt, both on Roshar now, and both leave Scadrial after Catacendre so also probably not travel to South.

So yes, probably is also Harmony's Perpendicularity in the North. This also probably mean there is Ettmetal's source somewhere here as well.

Makes you wonder 

3 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

I was theoretizing some time ago that Harmony has two Perpendicularities, one in North, one in South. On Scadrial Godmetal forms near/above Perpendicularitiy, and we know what Harmonys Godmetal is, it is ettmetal, fuel in SoScad magitech. They need collect it somewhere so this is where SoScad Perpendicularity is.

Makes you wonder what the cognitive realm would look like if there was two perpendicularities on each side of the world and a very very large population set near each. Like, where would the center be?