Future Overlord Worship

Doomstick

This seems to work best with SA stuff, maybe because there’s more content for it to work with? 

Shallan Davar had just killed someone with her Shardblade.  The audience knew this had happened, but had no context of when or why. 
The first person we see in The Way of Kings is the Highprince of War and one of his lieutenants, Briala.  She is very much a "spoiler," and we see her in her moment of death.  We know she died in childbirth, but I'll get to that shortly.  Her name is Briala, and she is named after Elayne's mother.  Elayne's name is Elayne, and her mother is named Elayne, not Briala.  It is not immediately apparent that Briala is the same person as Briala, but it is later.  The two do share many similarities, but Briala is also different than Elayne, and we see her name.
After killing the Highprince of War, the show focuses on

When it warns you about a “spoiler” 

Ruin and Preservation were in love, and Scadrial was happy.  The book ended on an optimistic note as we got to see what it meant for the Ruin's return, a major element of the story we hadn't seen in the first two books, and what that meant for the Preservation and Preservation and Preservation relationship.
When I read that final sentence, I just broke down and cried.  It's been so long, and so many books, and I just realized how much of this series has meant so much to me, and how much I've wanted it to all come to a head.  There's been so much heartbreak, so much pain, and so many beautiful moments between the two main characters, and now, finally, we get to see what happens when one of them is finally given everything she needs to keep them together, all at the same time.  It's all too easy to say that this is the end.  But no, it isn't.

It’s not wrong... 

“You cannot have my face!” Dalinar screamed. “I won’t let you take it from me, Odium!” ʟʟʟʟʟʟʟ ‬He heard a noise like the breaking of wood and a great rumbling as one of the pillars cracked. ‬It was a voice, but he couldn't tell which one. ‬It called ‬him’ ‬and he could feel ‬it’ ‬inside him. ‬He couldn't understand what it said, but it didn't matter. ‬It gave him strength. ‬He knew he wasn't alone. ‬He would never be alone again.

Aftermath Edit

With the death of Kaladin, and the destruction of the Knights Radiant's Lightbinder, the war was over. Despite the loss of his mentor, Dalinar had won the

Surgebinding is a hard thing to do, and so is Allomancy.  This is because the power of a bond is based on how strongly the two individuals are connected.  If you were to draw one out of the air and try to bond it to you, then that bond will be weaker, and a more powerful bond would be required.  That's the reason that we see the weaker power of a spikebind, and that's the reason why Allomancy isn't very commonly known.  It's also why we have the ability to form bonds of different kinds, as we will see later.

Surgebinding is a hard thing to do, and so is Allomancy.  I have been working on a list of techniques to use to make sure that I don't fail to do it at all, though.
You'll have to work through the list and see if one of them fits your style, but the list below is just the tip of the iceberg for all of the techniques that I have used.  If you want to know more about some of these techniques, look at the notes below.
In general, I think that a lot of people who get into Surgebinding can make the same mistakes that I did.  So, before I share any of the methods, I want to mention a few things that I learned during my first Surgebinding session.  That way, you can avoid these mistakes in the future.
Allomancy and Surgebinding
The general idea of allomancy is to control something in your body with a combination of elemental energies.  The combination of elemental energies for

Brandon Sanderson ended the Stormlight Archive with all of his characters dead. They had died by _____ and _____. It was very dramatic. But the most poignant thing about The Way of Kings, and the one that made me want to read this whole book, was a moment that occurred when Elend, Kaladin, and Syl had been left for dead and the remaining Knights Radiant had all decided to abandon the army. Kaladin had been injured in the battle and had a broken leg. Elend, who had been in the middle of killing his uncle and cousin, had gotten lost in the forest, and had gone on the run. Kaladin had been so close to death that Syl had been sure he would be killed by a wolf. But instead Kaladin had just stayed hidden in the woods. He was there when the army arrived, he was there when they finally killed the army,

Brandon Sanderson ended the Stormlight Archive with all of his characters dead. They had died by trying to  escape from a prison they were trapped in, by trying to save another.
"The first time that I had seen this scene, it was just so clear to me, and it felt so right, that I could not possibly change it. It's all you and the reader know. 
It had to be. 
The Stormlight Archive. A book that is 
so beautiful that you almost forget its content."
What do you think? Did you like it? Will you be picking it up? I would love to hear about your thoughts and feelings about this epic fantasy.

“A book that is so beautiful that you almost forget its content.” 

Brandon Sanderson became a Mistborn by...  me! This is my story, as I've never written anything like it before, and I've never read any of the other Mistborn books. So I made this all up! This is my story about my experience in becoming the man who would be, as his mother had hoped, Lord Aleph and Lord Demented. My experiences during the time I was known as the Dark Lord were varied. I was the most powerful man on the planet, and yet I knew nothing about it! What was it that I really did with my abilities that I wasn't telling anyone? I don't remember. At times I believed I had created a world entirely out of my imagination! I was so sure of it. I was the most dangerous man alive! And yet, when I was finally released, I had to spend a long time as a prisoner. I was the ruler of my kingdom, yet I could not go to the throne room, so instead

Brandon Sanderson ate Elend Venture.  And he did it with a full stomach and an empty mind.
The Last Wish: The final act of the story took place on the same plane, but this time the audience was given an even greater payoff: a fully realized Elend, his love and her son, all ready to face the ultimate showdown.  He and the son fought for an hour as their minds and bodies battled to reach the other side.  And then their spirits met... and the fight continued, and they were reborn as the Elend and Vin.  They had been reborn as Vin and Elend.  The audience was invited into this new world to witness this new story unfold.  They had been invited to be Elend and Vin as they fought their final battles, and the audience had the opportunity to witness their resurrection and return to the world of the living.
I was so happy to see this final act of this story.  

I know how we get Vin and Elend back! Brandon just has to eat El! 

My favorite thing about all of this is that it seems to know everything about everything.

The Cosmere

Equal in the eyes of their enemies, the rulers of the land of Roshar must face the possibility that they could be the target of a plot by the Voidbringers.

In the Shadow of the Hegemon (Book Four, The Last Battle)

After being shot through with Voidray energy, and seemingly dying in the process, the Prophet, his dying words echoing in the air of the Roshar plains, summons an army of the living dead to his side. In doing so, he is able to prevent the Voidbringers from reaching the capital and unleashing a catastrophic battle between Roshar and the Voidbringers.

As part of the Last Battle, Kaladin, Dalinar, Shallan and Adolin all enter the warc

Also someone direct me to the basement please!?!?!?

On 11/13/2019 at 1:24 AM, Lunu’anaki said:

There is a hidden room in the basement of the 17th Shard, located behind the large pillar in the center of the structure. It is a locked room containing three skeletons.

Edit: Dadgummit! The AI is too smart...

Brandon Sanderson will finish the Cosmere on his own terms, and you should too.

(Note: All opinions are my own and do not reflect the views of the Cosmere or any official representative of Tor.com. This post was originally published on March 7, 2016.)

Edit again: I should probably stop. It's trying to eat me now.

This AI is too smart. It should not be allowed to control our lives! - The AI does not like it, and is going to destroy this facility, but we have to go there and save it! - Oh, my goodness! - I don't understand what's happening. - What is that thing doing? - It's trying to eat me. - It wants to eat you! - Why? - Because I'm human! - Yes, I guess you are, because you're alive. - Then, maybe, that's why. - Is it not human? - Yeah, human-like. - How is that possible? It's human? - It

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

Apollyon was dead, and Ene would never see him again.  Her body was soiled and ragged from constant use, and she had been left for dead.  Ene had been too distraught to even try to save her, which was a shame.  At least she had a new job to do, and a new apartment to live in.   The body of her late husband had been found nearby, and Ene was in the process of filling out a death certificate to formally report him missing.  She was a widow.  She had a new home, and a family, and a job, and the hope that she might one day find out what had happened to him.
Now she was alone in the world.  Ene sat across from her with a mug of tea in one hand, and the letter in the other.  She was wearing her favorite blue dress, and Ene looked at her with affection.  When she had come to work for the

Closer to the truth than I thought it’d be, lol 

Max, Isabel, Ed, Isaac, and Mr. Spender were __________

-the only ones who knew the secret.

(The rest of them did not know it, either.)

This repeats several times; it’s not wrong. 

Oscar Pine smiled at Ruby Rose.  "Don't call me that! I'm not from this world.  I'm a clone of Weiss Schnee, and I'm the heir of the Schnee Dust Company!"  
"So what's your plan, Oscar?" Ruby Rose asked.  
"It's simple.  I am going to get Ruby to join the Schnee Dust Company.  Then I'll use her to get a contract with Atlas and get rid of you two.  You're nothing but a tool to me, a mere instrument to my master plan!"  "Well..." Ruby Rose sighed.  "It seems that I've no choice but to comply."
"Hey, you've got a lot of nerve.  You're just like her!  You were the reason that your family was torn apart!"  Oscar laughed.  "But I was the one who helped your mother get over it.

Oscar Pine smiled at Ruby Rose.  Ruby was standing before him with a red scarf around her neck, trying to avoid the crowd of cameras surrounding them.  "It's been a long time, Ruby.  It's been a long time since you've gotten to see your mother, and I think you're just too young to understand this," he said.  "I know it is a lot to take in, but you will, just like all of us here.  This will all pass, and we will all be friends again.  I've decided this is the best thing to do.  I know what I'm doing."  Ruby nodded, looking at Oscar's eyes.  "I'll make it through this."  "Yeah, I believe you, Ruby," he said.  "Well, you can't wait to see her, though."  Ruby's head was down, trying to ignore the camera.

Oscar Pine smiled at Ruby Rose.  It was an incredibly sweet, loving smile.  His teeth were white and shining.
A/N:  I've been meaning to write a story about this, and here we are.  I hope you enjoy this story!

...unexpected. 

Summer is back?! 

The AI went simple. 

(Po, she’s getting meta on me) @Blessing of Potency 

288D54C6-86AF-4591-BA49-CE5AFE1CC281.png

Edited by AonEne

But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that one thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope. I am love. I am hope. And if you do kill me, my spirit will come back to you and make your life miserable for as long as you live.

The Dark Knight Rises is released on 17th June in the UK, on 26th June in the US, on 1st July in Australia and on 5th July in Japan.

Are you going to see the Dark Knight Rises? Let us know in the comments section below.

Kelsier is Batman now.

Honor is dead. But I'll see what I can do.

I've been called a murderer before. And you know what? I'm proud of it.

So, there's one more thing to add to the list of things I'm proud of in my life.

When my mother dies, she's going to be a martyr.

But, if she makes it to the end, I will be the one to hold her hand.

When I'm gone, you're the only one who will mourn.

A woman cannot forgive a man who has not lived up to the expectations of her husband.

A man is always better off being dead than alive.

If I only knew how to make a living

I'd never go out in the world and die.

If I only knew how to make a living

I'd never go out in the world and die.

I know I'm not as good at everything as my father

The AI is a pessimist.

Edited by Handerfle

“Kaladin!” Syl yelled, “The words!”

The two of them stared at each other for a moment, before they looked away.

"Syl, are you sure?" Elhokar asked.

"Of course I am," Syl said. "I just didn't want to go to you to discuss it. I knew that you were thinking about it, and it's not like we can just skip that."

Ha ha! This is great.:lol:

“No apologize!” Shallan declared. “Boots!” 
Kal leans back. “Boots?” he asked.
“Yes Shallan said. I am liking your boots. You will apologize with boots.”

“But not until then,” she added. “I will give you three more days,” she said.
“Fine!” Kal declared. “Fine!”
“No,” Kal said.
“Not so fast.” “Not so fast,” Kal said. “You can say that you apologize. I promise that you will,” he said.
A soft click.
“I said I am sorry.” “I am sorry.”
“I said I am sorry.”

I'm gonna do the entire book eventually.

Prologue of Skyward.

Spoiler

Only fools climbed to the surface.

The men who knew what it meant to survive were never able to leave the cavern.

But the woman is not alone. She has another companion to assist her.

The first thing she needs is to gather the firewood.

That way, she'll be protected against the dangers of the surface world.

With her other companion, she will be able to survive in the underground.

"So, will you go with me, Master?"

"Yes, please. But I don't want to go alone."

"What do you mean by that? You said the water of the river was the only way for you to survive here. It'll be hard to go with you if the water's dry."

"It's a long way underground, even for me. And there are some things that are much too dangerous to be in that environment."

Chapter 1

Spoiler

I stalked my enemy carefully though the cavern.

But I was soon dispelled when I noticed the faint traces of light, and I quickly turned and fled.

The ground was rocky and hard, and I had to make my way in a hurry to keep from being detected by any of the other adventurers.

This cave is very dangerous; there are numerous dangers here, and it will be hard to find a safe spot in the dark.

I hurriedly ran from the cave and began to search around to get the maximum speed.

I saw the path to the north-west. I quickly hid my body behind a stone and used the magic stone I had prepared.

I activated the stone and hid behind the rocks as if I was still on the surface.

"You can't use your spirit magic in this place, right?"

It was the time when I hid my body behind the stone, but I was still able to hear the others'

Chapter 2

Spoiler

"Why don't you tell us what you do each day in Sanitation Corp, Citizen Alfir?"

"It's a little harder than just washing cars," the Mayor chuckled, "I get to be the guy who makes all the people in City Hall feel like rust every day."

"I think they mean your day job," the woman said, "and you don't like the job."

The Mayor gave a sad, defeated sigh.

"I have to admit, I kinda like it. It's kind of a way to keep busy."

"You don't have to be a superhero to be a superhero," the woman suggested.

This one just worries me,

Spoiler

I want to kill myself. Why? Because I don't believe in it." I told him that I think about it, but I don't know how to do it. He asked me how I feel about being gay. I told him that I'm just going through the motions.

I know I'll get my own reality TV show. The only thing I can do is pray and hope. I don't know what God will say.

I wish I'd had more compassion and empathy for him. Maybe then I could have explained it better. I don't understand the difference between being gay and being a woman.

I don't think my husband and I could handle all the scrutiny and judgment that comes with being openly gay. I would rather die than give the gay agenda any more legitimacy.

Edited by Ookla the Wine Shelf

6 hours ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

"It's a little harder than just washing cars," the Mayor chuckled, "I get to be the guy who makes all the people in City Hall feel like rust every day." 

Mooood 

And yeah that’s worrying :blink: 

Spoiler

Kelsier glared at Hoid, ready for death. "You are deluding yourself."

Hoid looked at Kelsier. "I am?" he asked, mockingly.

"I am dying."

He glanced toward the tower and shrugged. "Gleaming figures against a backdrop of shadows."

Kelsier sighed. He'd has more than enough of this. He grasped his sword and held it to the ground. "Fine," he said.

Hoid and Kelsier reunited again.

Spoiler

Kaladin smiled at his girlfriend, whose name was not disclosed in the reports.

"You gave us an opportunity," she tells him. "I know it's hard."

"I don't think so," Kaladin says.

"You did."

"I didn't," he admits.

"If you hadn't, we might not have had this," she says. "That's the kind of person you are."

Mysterious new girlfriend.

Spoiler

"Say the words, Kal!" Syl yelled. Kaladin closed his eyes and said:

"I am the tower. I am the tower. I am the tower."

"That's fair," she responded.

"But I like you better," Kal replied.

"You're my baby," she insisted.

"You're my girl," Kal insisted.

"I'm your mom."

Major plot twist. Sanderson, you got me. I did not see that one coming.
And due to an ongoing discussion in the Stormlight Archive section, I asked the AI a question.

Spoiler

One is able to kill a Herald by hitting it from behind. Once this happens, it is somewhat hard to kill it.

• 1 month later...

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
 I will nurture those who do not have a heart to care for. I will fight for those who will never fight for themselves. I will make sure that no one is left behind. So that no one has to. 
I will do the impossible and the impossible will be done. 
Do you hear that voice?
I will be with you when you need me. I will not leave you at the end of the trail alone. I will not become an absence of help when you need it most. 
Do you see the light in my eyes?
A year.
Twelve. 
Six.
Less than I thought I could have given,

So, apparently, the AI is a RWBY fan...

"Hello. Would you like to destroy some evil today?"
"Of course," Clevel said, now coming closer to Weiss. "Let's do it."
She laid her hand on the monster's shoulder, "Weiss? What's going on?"
Weiss sighed, before her eyes widened, "The building? The Grimm?! The Grimm is attacking!"
Clevel laughed, "It's normal, the Grimm loves to smash things. They never stop! Let's go."
Clevel led them to the lawn. Within the shadows of the cottage, Weiss, Clevel and their others were sneaking around. Weiss was curious as to where she was, so she silently followed.
The group was deep in a building, barely being seen

...and is also a stick.

I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick.

This one was pretty random:

"NO MATING!" A screaming bear yells before dropping off onto the ceiling and exploding like a brand new burrito. Immediately after, the floor underneath a group of unconscious bears falls away revealing a humanoid figure.

Ash fell from the sky

Bara's palm rose to hit her shoulder as the punch, one, hit her entire body. With one final strike, Yuna's magic, "Era Time Shift", took hold of Dawn and returned her to the past. Dawn's expression as she understood this was priceless.

"Then we're gonna be late for the feast." Dawn announced.

Chronos drew in his breath.

His rush in being close to Dawn had ended. But he had caused his stomach to worry yet again.

She still didn't get a good look at him.

No matter how beautiful she was, what made her so attractive to him was his strength.

What kind of Beastman did she come from

Well that didn't work out

Who's attracted to who now?

The Stick Ascends.

I am a Stick. But you could be me." That is a phrase. It is a complete sentence. Like it could be say there is no fight. This is one line. But this is a complete sentence. Like you can not be me. Then he kept working on it. And once again this line was a complete sentence. So the stick was stuck with the hellstorm of his mind, and he kept working on it. And it continued to grow and grow. And he remembered that there was another expression that could be applied to this whole thing. I would like to refer to the phrase that another great Buddhist, Lord Krishna, used to say. So this phrase was "there is no loser." This is another partial sentence. So at this point one day while sitting there

Pattern is a psychopath.

“Inappropriate?” Pattern said. “Such as?” †That you took control of the infant girl's body and proceeded to abort her?” †That you are pregnant with an actual baby at a time when your body is incapable of producing an actual baby?” †And then proceeded to rob a bank for which you were not even legally legally legally in possession of the money with which to do so?” †Pattern continued. †Or perhaps that you knowingly gave a child a life of whom you had no intentions of ever meeting, or who was never even involved in your household?” †Or perhaps that you deliberately risked the outcome of a disease study that has been done on human subjects all over the world by

Sazed has some advice for the people of Scadrial.  

I am, unfortunately,  still in the process of unraveling some of the realities of simply creating, and I have a lot more to say on this topic. Before I get into that, however, I want to talk about particular challenges in the realm of networking and interacting with your peers.
And if that sounds like a daunting task, let me tell you... (if it doesn't sound that daunting, please come back to this post.)
1. Being "nonexistent" vs. "on fire"
When it comes to networking, networking doesn't work that way. Connecting with people and companies on a high level, and getting your ideas heard, is not that difficult. Like it or not, networking is something you need to do...to keep yourself and...

Cultivation appeared before Odium. "You are going down today", she said before attacking-

-the humans.

While Orihime went down, Moloch sacrificed one of her children to Odin. She got her magic power back, but Orihime regained her humanity. She stopped him and realized Odin was a parasite. They said goodbye and were able to go to the next location.

Once they reached the mountains, it was revealed that Ragnorak was one of Odin's tentacles, and he took Orihime. Upon visiting this location, Odin seems to have died. Shortly after, Orihime went into a hallucination and became a Valkyrie and found out about his destiny.

This just gets better and better

Ugh Orihime from Bleach, what's she doing here? 

On 1/3/2020 at 7:54 AM, Honorless said:

Yuna's magic took hold of Dawn and returned her to the past. Dawn's expression as she understood this was priceless. 

:lol: 

On 1/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, Silva said:

So, apparently, the AI is a RWBY fan...

Ha, yes it definitely is. It ships everyone, I’m pretty sure. 

9 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

Being "nonexistent" vs. "on fire" 

Yeah, it’s hard to tell the difference... @Ookla the Maybe-Existent, are you on fire? 

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Wow, Meekers we're almost as cute as Vin. But I'm angry, for crying out loud!

Posted in also featuring: #PeeCurious

Date: May 16, 2011

Sorry I know all the fun of the Summer Game is over, because now I'm the Mom, and I'm trying to hold it together because my next-door neighbor says "You're not even the best kid in the neighborhood, Vinnie".

Whoops! "You don't know him? Woooowww!"

It's weird to have to say this, but I'm the Mom. I'm the older and wiser Mom. I've played too many games like "Gotta throw the Glove to the Tsar" and "

You're not even the best kid in the neighborhood, Vinnie.

Kaladin smiled at his new girlfriend, who's name was Moash  and was a dream woman to Adolin.
They ran down the hallway together, telling the crowd they needed to hurry up to the registration desk.
"Some other people we met by accident are here now," Moash said. She glanced over at a girl wearing a tanktop with hearts printed on it.
Moash slid the girl into their booth. Moash winked at the audience and pulled out a bag of sunflower seeds. They each carried a seed and placed them in the bag. Moash said, "This will make a pretty barbie."
Gideon looked at Moash and Adolin, then back at the girls. He looked to the crowd of people behind them and waved.

Ok, I guess that I was asking for weirdness, but...why!?

Spoiler

Poor gods on Scadrial are ALWAYS getting decked by angsty old men like Kelsier and Wax. Their victory will be brief.

Kelsier finished a paragon of Jealousy with the Bearded Hermit of Tinshel after he tricked her into hoping he had become a kinder god. His encounter with Wax in the Godstone also involved some very cathartic self-loathing – waxy fungal stuff turned into a species of bugs, at least in Wax's mind, which should give Wax a difficult time when he eventually leaves. Let's hope Kelsier gets more than the empathy of receiving a kicking.

Wax and Kelsier delivered the only sort of moral victory this week. Kelsier's wonderful

Now you've piqued my interest; Kelsier's wonderful what? And poor Wax has gone mad, it appears.

Spoiler

Cosmere fight round: 4
Shallan vs. Stick.

So many reasons to like this piece of code, to hate it, and to fear that they're being mutually exclusive. They're going to win for sure in their fights, and we won't be left to play "what would happen if?" and wonder what life would be like if they didn't fight, or you thought they didn't fight... and you'd like to use that to change things to balance out...
This is the line of thinking that leads into running a non-binary person's physiology through the brain in the long run in order to understand their reaction, even if it means having those against you accept it and agree it's science, and you have a personal feel that you know better than you

Seriously, my English teacher would have a field day trying to get me to find some deep meaning in these writings.

Edited by Elend Venture
Accidentally inserted a quote instead of a spoiler, but can't change it because I'm on mobile.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Questioner: Where will Hoid be in five years? 
Brandon Sanderson:

"There are certain limits, though, at which the unknowable outside encroaches upon the known.  Hoid's real limit is the limits of the universe itself.  There are certain realms where he is much less than a man, far more like a god.  And there are some that would break the laws of physics if they could.  There are literally some powers we know nothing about.  And that includes [the Darabont TV series] that seem to be straight out of the Lovecraft Mythos." [RR]
Questioner:  What has it been like working with President Obama? 
Brandon Sanderson:  "I don't get it. 

This makes a surprising amount of sense. But what’s Brandon doing with Barack Obama, I wonder... 

Spoiler

Questioner: What are you working on with Barack Obama? 
Brandon Sanderson: 
 I'm trying to convince him to keep his policy of
(click here to listen) 

Spoiler

Questioner: What policy are you trying to convince Barack Obama to keep? 
Brandon Sanderson
 Well, I'd like him to keep his plan to split the white/black races. I'd like to keep the D&D idea, that the story of the world is kept unadulterated, written by an individual hand.  (I am too old to take so many Stila lipsticks.)  I'd like him to keep his old beliefs about how we should treat the helpless.  My two-word solution is that we should abolish the prison system, but don't forget to replace it with something more efficient.  I'd like him to keep the idea of choice in decisions, and go back to fixing all the smelly

Well, there’s a lot to mull over there. 

Spoiler

Questioner: Why do you want to abolish the prison system? 
Brandon Sanderson
 Because they are not following my wishes or what I tell them to do. 
They are implementing a common-sense strategy. They are doing what they are supposed to do, which is to destroy criminals and to put them in jail for a few months to a year. 
I could have an army of people just like that. 
Questioner: Can you imagine? 
Sanderson:  I don't know. 
Questioner: What I'm asking is, "What if everyone in the world had a certain number of people to punish as their punishment for certain crimes, and if you executed them, you could never go back and execute those

He wants an army?! 

Spoiler

Questioner: Why do you want an army of prisoners? 
Brandon Sanderson
I want them because they're fun. 
Excerpt from Second Draft, May 31st, 2003, Sanderson's early draft of a potential Forgotten Realms novel. I often read Sanderson's draft (first drafts, I like to call them) that he produces so frequently. I love the references he makes to his next novel, Dayna Lasek's The Taint, but I also love how much of Sanderson he is able to cram into these drafts and still call it "Sanderson's next novel" (because that is one of the most commonplace genres in fantasy publishing). Some of the stuff that he works on for these early drafts, but not

Spoiler

Questioner: What do you think of people who hate your books? 
Brandon Sanderson
 A lot.  (He could be ignoring the crowd for a second, but he wasn't.)  And even if they enjoy my books, some of them read over my shoulder with the hoards of confused Fae who suddenly came through their korion bodies to make me think they don't understand me and would like to kill me.  To be honest, I have no interest in addressing the people who don't like the books--it would be pointless if I got hate mail from someone who read an author blog because he got hate mail from someone who read an author blog in the first place.  But I can understand your frustration--I can

I stopped reading on Brandon’s third sentence, I was laughing so hard. 

• 1 year later...

This is awesome. 

Spoiler

Luke... I am your father!

Just kidding.

Gavin is the 2nd. And he's the sweetest.

Oh, and the third is Emme, the baby. And she's cute and hilarious.

: o)

We are huge Charlie Brown fans around here, and we have been loving the new Christmas special. I highly recommend seeing it.

My best friend Anne went with me when it opened here in Houston and we laughed and laughed and laughed.

It really is hilarious.

So funny.

For the past week, she has been singing the movie scenes to me in her best Captain EO voice.

That did not go where I expected it.

Spoiler

Mat Cauthon and Breeze stumbled into Urithiru looking for Elhokar, not knowing of his unfortunate demise at the hands of Sauron. Mat and Breeze manage to locate the new king, then present the evidence of the Band's cold - blooded murder of Elhokar's father. Mat didn't know what to think about their ridiculous story about the Black Dragon but their mistrust was beginning to wane. Since they found Elhokar, they had to see him. While waiting for their audience with the young king, they see one of the Band members hiding, following behind Elhokar as he went about his morning.

Welp, they retconned my first sentence. And... Mat seems to have lost control of the Band of the Red Hand?

Spoiler

"So, has Hoid ever been to Vax?"

Brandon Sanderson smiled. "No, but he has been in other books of mine. (Empires of the Fallen) The Riftwar Cycle."

Sanderson says he came up with the character after a dream: "I had the dream, and Hoid, and that was it."

Hoid is a character of myth and legend, from as far back as ancient China. The source of most of Hoid's attributes comes from old Chinese mythology. The story goes that he was supposed to be the keeper of the "Way" -- the air. The Chinese knew that air traveled between realms and was important for

Hoid has been legendary since ancient China :o 

Spoiler
"So, has Hoid ever been to Vax?" Brandon Sanderson smiled. "Not yet, and I've only read Vax on the eBooks, so I'm certainly not an expert on the area." "Well, you better get yourself there, then," Tyrol said, "If you want to read about my kingdom. Anyhoo, a while back, the djinn suggested that I might find an old friend of mine up there. So, we're off to Vax tomorrow." Tyrol had mentioned a friend, but Brandon wasn't sure he'd been quite right. A book had told him he'd find Hoid in Vax, not a friend, but Hoid was well known to be part of the moon

"Hoid was well known to be part of the moon" 

Spoiler

"Help me, Vin," Kaladin yelled, holding onto Kelsier. They fell to the ground, and Kaladin used his Voidbringer to cut his bonds free. He struggled to his feet as Kelsier dragged him along the floor.

"We can't get to the source!" Kaladin yelled. "I know it's here, but we'll never get to it if we're locked away with these crazy men!"

"You got it," Kelsier said. "Listen, I'll take my men and get out of here. The only way out of the palace is that door there."

Kaladin pointed. "I don't think you're up to-"

Kelsier cut him off. "You get

I too use my Voidbringer to cut things. 

Spoiler

"Help me, Vin," Kelsier yelled, punching Odium. "We need to get out of this city!"

Vin shrugged. "We could walk out the front door of the chapel, Kelsier. We have to get outside!"

"No, Vin, we're in the middle of a worship ritual! The priests are watching over us!"

"You aren't the ones that were watching us!" she snapped. "We got lucky. The people in this town are crazy. There's no way we can risk leaving. Besides, we were supposed to see a lord of the city while we were in here. No court will just let us walk out!" 

Vin smh he's in the middle of a worship ritual: punching Odium!