Cycle of Glass

Tacitus

On Ravas, two powers reign. The force that builds, light, free and joyful. And the force that breaks, heavy, dark, and grim. The minds behind these forces broke long ago, leaving two raging storms, opposed in every regard, killing any who touched them. 

The world broke. People died. But the world recovered. People grew again, and all hid from the powers. All, that is, except for the Broken and the Lifted. They are the only people who can draw the powers, Dacke and Hye respectively. This gives them immense power, capable of near anything.

Vansha stood on a grassy plain, Hye filling him. His every nerve could feel it flowing, lighting his soul. He looked around him, scouring the land with his eyes. He had lived since the powers broke. Being a Lifted would do that, extend one's life to impossible lengths. Suddenly, the grass in front of Vansha grew. It grew impossibly fast, and impossibly fast. It wove together into the shape of a man. Attin 

"Vansha," Said a voice, coming from the puppet, greeting him. "You are ready?" Vansha shook his head. "No, Attin. I refuse. The powers cannot be fixed. Key and lock will never come together." The grass stiffened. "No, Vansha! It is possible! It can be done! The Cycle can be broken! The goblet can remain whole!" Vansha's eyes steeled. "No." He exerted Hye, and broke Attin's puppet, making it fall to the earth. Attin's radical plan would further break the cycle. The Lifted and Broken were fine as they were. The cycle of glass was neccesary. Vansha slowly thrust out his hand, and Called a knife into it. A very important knife. The only weapon that could kill a Lifted. It was time. He thrust it into his chest, and with his last breath, he spoke. "May the Cycle continue, and I be forged into a new life." If Vansha was capable, a tear would have slid down his throat.

Just Everything You Need To Know Real Quick

So, here's a RP where everyone is basically a half-god (And yes, I mean everyone. Sorry not sorry). Every Lifted and Broken is going to be pretty darn old, though to varying degrees. Basically anything can be done with Dacke and Hye, but best to check on things you're unsure about. This RP takes place on the whole of Ravas, the planet, though there are only two continents present, Eeshan and Tolar. If you've read/ are reading wheel of time, think forsaken for terms of power level.

The cycle of Glass: A real old concept that the Lifted and Broken use as reference. They think of themselves as glass, in the shape of some sort of cup. This cup is filled and shattered by the powers. The shards are melted down and reformed into the cup. The different Lifted/Broken interpret that in different ways. 

There's a dude named Attin who's tryna do something real big, which might drive the story. But really, as Lifted and Broken, you can do whatever you want. Be an king, or an emperor, or whatever. Scheme with other Broken/Lifted. Ulterior motives are A-OK, if not encouraged. 

So it's pretty loose, and Attin's plan isn't the end-all plot. You dudes have got as much power over this as I do.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Just Everything You Need To Know Real Quick

So, here's a RP where everyone is basically a half-god (And yes, I mean everyone. Sorry not sorry). Every Lifted and Broken is going to be pretty darn old, though to varying degrees. Basically anything can be done with Dacke and Hye, but best to check on things you're unsure about. This RP takes place on the whole of Ravas, the planet, though there are only two continents present, Eeshan and Tolar. If you've read/ are reading wheel of time, think forsaken for terms of power level.

The cycle of Glass: A real old concept that the Lifted and Broken use as reference. They think of themselves as glass, in the shape of some sort of cup. This cup is filled and shattered by the powers. The shards are melted down and reformed into the cup. The different Lifted/Broken interpret that in different ways. 

There's a dude named Attin who's tryna do something real big, which might drive the story. But really, as Lifted and Broken, you can do whatever you want. Be an king, or an emperor, or whatever. Scheme with other Broken/Lifted. Ulterior motives are A-OK, if not encouraged. 

So it's pretty loose, and Attin's plan isn't the end-all plot. You dudes have got as much power over this as I do.

Hm, yes. Consider me interested for now, meaning while I have the slightest sliver of sanity rn and actually thinking about joining a different rp that I might actually participate in.

31 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

On Ravas, two powers reign. The force that builds, light, free and joyful. And the force that breaks, heavy, dark, and grim. The minds behind these forces broke long ago, leaving two raging storms, opposed in every regard, killing any who touched them. 

The world broke. People died. But the world recovered. People grew again, and all hid from the powers. All, that is, except for the Broken and the Lifted. They are the only people who can draw the powers, Dacke and Hye respectively. This gives them immense power, capable of near anything.

Vansha stood on a grassy plain, Hye filling him. His every nerve could feel it flowing, lighting his soul. He looked around him, scouring the land with his eyes. He had lived since the powers broke. Being a Lifted would do that, extend one's life to impossible lengths. Suddenly, the grass in front of Vansha grew. It grew impossibly fast, and impossibly fast. It wove together into the shape of a man. Attin 

"Vansha," Said a voice, coming from the puppet, greeting him. "You are ready?" Vansha shook his head. "No, Attin. I refuse. The powers cannot be fixed. Key and lock will never come together." The grass stiffened. "No, Vansha! It is possible! It can be done! The Cycle can be broken! The goblet can remain whole!" Vansha's eyes steeled. "No." He exerted Hye, and broke Attin's puppet, making it fall to the earth. Attin's radical plan would further break the cycle. The Lifted and Broken were fine as they were. The cycle of glass was neccesary. Vansha slowly thrust out his hand, and Called a knife into it. A very important knife. The only weapon that could kill a Lifted. It was time. He thrust it into his chest, and with his last breath, he spoke. "May the Cycle continue, and I be forged into a new life." If Vansha was capable, a tear would have slid down his throat.

I'll join. I don't have a character yet, but I'll join.

Attin growled as Vansha severed the puppet’s connection. He was filled with the energy of Dacke, and the accompanying feeling of darkness. The most moral-skewed madman you could find on the streets would agree that the energy feels ultimately bad. But that wouldn’t bother Attin, or any competent Broken. Attin leaned back in his wooden chair, contemplating. Already, Vansha, Nor, and Vellis had refused his offer. No Lifted in their right mind would agree, but then, not many Lifted had been in their right mind for centuries. Either way, not many would agree to even associate with a Broken. Lazily twitching his fingers, he called multiple streams of colored smogs. He made them swirl around him, almost playfully. With his left hand, he solidified the smogs, as his right condensed them, turning them into sort of marbles. Using Dacke so precisely amused him, and provided novelty from the normal feats of Broken, opening ravines and flattening mountains. Like the Puppets Attin preferred, many of his feats were subtle or precise. Such puppets, some wood, others stone or steel, hung from the ceiling of Attin’s current lair. Attin closed his eyes, and found a puppet he had made, and left on the surface. It was one of his favorites, made from stitched-together flesh, and earth, with bones of steel. He opened his eyes, and found his consciousness in the puppet. The puppet would hold his whole mind and soul, and be able to channel Attin’s Dacke to it’s position. If the Lifted would not cooperate willingly, then perhaps they would cooperate through… other methods.

Borutan walked forward, each step increasing his speed, but each step also cracking the ground beneath them. He was running up the mountain, why? He did not know. When he reached the top he gazed about looking for something using Dacke to sharpen his eyesight.

What's the power level difference between Broken and Lifted? Could one kill the other?

Edited by The Unknown Order

3 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

What's the power level difference between Broken and Lifted? Could one kill the other?

Well, Y'see, technically they are on the same power level, but there is a little gradient between different people, so one Lifted or Broken might be marginally stronger than another. In theory, one could kill the other, but in practice it would be pretty difficult to do, requiring extensive and intensive use of their power. It would probably weaken the killer for a decent deal of time, assuming that the killed fought back.

4 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Sirrug materialized out of the mountain's shadow and glanced around. As he saw Borutan, a wolfish smile split his face. "Why, hello, old friend! It's been far too long."

Borutan is essentially insane and wants to cleanse the world of Lifted btw.

Borutan looked where the voice had come from and said, "I am busy, a Lifted lies in the city below."

8 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Borutan looked where the voice had come from and said, "I am busy, a Lifted lies in the city below."

Can my person be that lifted? And also in disguise? I don't know how else to fit my character into this.

Rawiya, or Cora as the locals knew her, was sitting on a bench reading a book.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, Random Bystander said:

Rawiya, or Cora as the locals knew her, was sitting on a bench reading a book.

Attin walked up next to the woman reading. He was in Hood rather than Brute. He did ever so love Brute's horns, but he needed subtlety, and that was what Hood was made for. "You are hunted," He said to her, quite bluntly. The woman was no normal person. When near her, Dacke shied away, repulsing from her. It would only do that near a Lifted. Added to that, Borutan was near, and nothing good could come of that bloodthirsty Broken near a Lifted. "A Broken, he searches for those like you, and kills them."

Just now, Omi the Counselor said:

Attin walked up next to the woman reading. He was in Hood rather than Brute. He did ever so love Brute's horns, but he needed subtlety, and that was what Hood was made for. "You are hunted," He said to her, quite bluntly. The woman was no normal person. When near her, Dacke shied away, repulsing from her. It would only do that near a Lifted. Added to that, Borutan was near, and nothing good could come of that bloodthirsty Broken near a Lifted. "A Broken, he searches for those like you, and kills them."

She sighed. Why me? I'm just chillin'. I'm literally not doing anything! "Who are you, and what do you want." She said, irritated.

She's actually fairly likely to listen to him. She's pretty darn reckless. She's only grumpy because she want's to finish her book. :P

Attin gave a slight chuckle. "My name is Attin. I want to prevent the death of a Lifted." He didn't doubt that Borutan could kill a Lifted, if he exerted himself enough. "You will want to prepare yourself, regardless. I have heard your hunter is not... kind... to those who use Hye." He lingered near the Lifted. Perhaps he should have worn Mesh.

"First things first, let's see what we're working with." Sirrug raised his hands, and darkness pooled between them. Out of the depths leapt two midnight hounds, smoky and insubstantial but for their wickedly sharp teeth. They turned to their master, awaiting orders. "Hunt", he intoned, and the beasts streaked down towards the town below. Sirrug grinned. He enjoyed the chase more than even the beasts did.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, Omi the Counselor said:

Hmm... I am indeed interested. I would like more information before any commitments are made, but I am indeed interested...

Current cosmology orders by light and dark, order and chaos. Certain powerful beings are aligned with each axis.

7 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"First things first, let's see what we're working with." Sirrug raised his hands, and darkness pooled between them. Out of the depths leapt two midnight hounds, smoky and insubstantial but for their wickedly sharp teeth. They turned to their master, awaiting orders. "Hunt", he intoned, and the beasts streaked down towards the town below. Sirrug grinned. He enjoyed the chase more than even the beasts did.

Aww yeah. This is where the fun begins.

Attin, with hyper-attuned senses and feeling Dacke, saw the two hounds. "You're going to want to finish that book fast," He said to the Lifted. "Your hunters might number two now". Raising Hood's pale hands toward the sky, Attin called pitch black clouds to quickly cover the sun. There were so many fun things to do with clouds. He then quickly called a creature of his own to lurk around him, appearing as an ironically white mist drifting about him. The use of Dacke energized him.

1 hour ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Attin gave a slight chuckle. "My name is Attin. I want to prevent the death of a Lifted." He didn't doubt that Borutan could kill a Lifted, if he exerted himself enough. "You will want to prepare yourself, regardless. I have heard your hunter is not... kind... to those who use Hye." He lingered near the Lifted. Perhaps he should have worn Mesh.

"Yeah, well I don't plan on dying anytime soon. I'm always prepared. Besides, I like this town. The people are interesting. Like Bob over there. He was a good kid." She nodded at him. "Then he got hit on the head with a brick, and became a Serial Killer." She nodded. "Yep. This town is very interesting."

Ah yes. Bob the Serial Killer. He is very fun at parties. :P

Also, I don't know why I included Bob in this, but whatever...

44 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Attin, with hyper-attuned senses and feeling Dacke, saw the two hounds. "You're going to want to finish that book fast," He said to the Lifted. "Your hunters might number two now". Raising Hood's pale hands toward the sky, Attin called pitch black clouds to quickly cover the sun. There were so many fun things to do with clouds. He then quickly called a creature of his own to lurk around him, appearing as an ironically white mist drifting about him. The use of Dacke energized him.

She groaned. "Dang it." She then slowed time for herself, and punched the first dog in the face. 

Did I get this idea while watching WandaVision? No. No I did not. (Yes. Yes I did.)

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yeah, well I don't plan on dying anytime soon. I'm always prepared. Besides, I like this town. The people are interesting. Like Bob over there. He was a good kid." She nodded at him. "Then he got hit on the head with a brick, and became a Serial Killer." She nodded. "Yep. This town is very interesting."

She groaned. "Dang it." She then slowed time for herself, and punched the first dog in the face. 

I hate to rain on your parade, but the hounds are made of smoke.

59 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Sirrug cackled as the sky began to darken. "Oh, this is wonderful! Let's make this a whole party!" Peering through the hounds' eyes, he spotted a familiar face. "Oh, don't tell me... It really is him! Attin, you old scamp! This is going to be more fun than I realized."

Just now, Fallapede said:

Sirrug cackled as the sky began to darken. "Oh, this is wonderful! Let's make this a whole party!" Peering through the hounds' eyes, he spotted a familiar face. "Oh, don't tell me... It really is him! Attin, you old scamp! This is going to be more fun than I realized."

@Omi the Counselor

She sighed, and ran back to the other guy. She then stopped slowing time. "I'd hoped that would work, as it is always nice when you can solve your problems through punching, but as it didn't work, do you have a plan?"