Homeschooling Club

Homeschooling  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you homeschooled?

Just now, Starborn42 said:

That's interesting. So did a family member teach you?

So, mostly I technically taught myself with curriculum my mother spent a lot of time finding for me. Mostly she just stayed home and made sure we actually did school, instead of fooling around on Roblox or writing or playing other games or Legos or talking about book stuff ( all of which we got away with many times; oh yeah, my other two sisters were homeschooled to).

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

So, mostly I technically taught myself with curriculum my mother spent a lot of time finding for me. Mostly she just stayed home and made sure we actually did school, instead of fooling around on Roblox or writing or playing other games or Legos or talking about book stuff ( all of which we got away with many times; oh yeah, my other two sisters were homeschooled to).

Wow, that's so cool! How come you didn't attend a school though? And you didn't have school friends so who did you hang out with? 

Just now, Starborn42 said:

Wow, that's so cool! How come you didn't attend a school though? And you didn't have school friends so who did you hang out with? 

No offense to public school, but my parents homeschooled me because they wanted to make sure I'd be smart. Plus, both my parents have had bad experiences with public school.

As for who I hung out with, church friends. Basically, whoever was assigned to my church schedule were my pool of friends to choose from... and oftentimes that wasn't very big. We had weekly activities my whole life, though, so that's pretty much when I would do friend things/socializing.

I should probably join the discussion I caused... 

So I'm homeschooled and have been my entire life. Not much to say here, though. I just do what I love to do (Lego, reading, a little writing, a bit of math, WWII history, some sports, biking (when everything's not frozen)). I do literally nothing social because COVID and I live in the middle of a forest, but I'm an introvert so I'm good with nothing (and I honestly like trees more than most people).

Spoiler

4zuqk7.jpg

Sorry if this is rude, I mean it as a joke.:(

Edited by The Storming Stormfather

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 7:14 PM, The Storming Stormfather said:

I should probably join the discussion I caused... 

So I'm homeschooled and have been my entire life. Not much to say here, though. I just do what I love to do (Lego, reading, a little writing, a bit of math, WWII history, some sports, biking (when everything's not frozen)). I do literally nothing social because COVID and I live in the middle of a forest, but I'm an introvert so I'm good with nothing (and I honestly like trees more than most people).

Reveal hidden contents

4zuqk7.jpg

Sorry if this is rude, I mean it as a joke.:(

I do pretty much the same things and im also an intovert

Not very familiar with the term homeschooling, I don't know if this counts, but I dropped out of high school after a year because of depression and studied at home for the next two years, preparing for College Entrance Examination on my own, during which I used school textbooks. 

On Wikipedia it's said that

homeschooling is the education of school-aged children at home or a variety of places other than a school, usually conducted by a parent, tutor, or an online teacher.

So I guess my two-year studying at home fits the bill? 

7 hours ago, Rashek's PR Manager said:

Not very familiar with the term homeschooling, I don't know if this counts, but I dropped out of high school after a year because of depression and studied at home for the next two years, preparing for College Entrance Examination on my own, during which I used school textbooks. 

On Wikipedia it's said that

So I guess my two-year studying at home fits the bill? 

apparently? so homeschooling is pretty much school except your teacher is your mom and/or dad. usually there is a curriculum that the parents use to school their children. um, I'm bad at explaining this aren't I?