What Order of Knight Radiant is your Favorite?

Argus the Awful

Which Order of Knight Radiant is your Favorite?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which Order

• Lightweaver
    • Windrunner
    • Skybreaker
    • Willshaper
    • Elsecaller
    • Bondsmih
    • Edgedancer
    • Dustbringers
    • Stonewards
    • Truthwatchers

Kinda surprised Skybreakers are so high (although there are relatively few responses, so that's probably part of the reason) anyway, I might as well explain why they're my favorite.

While I can appreciate the gung ho idealism of the Windrunners that's more common in tv and movies, it often bothers me how little foresight people can have in those cases. Especially when you have a "by-the-books" character who wants to take a more careful but limited approach who's clearly framed to be in the wrong.

On another note, I like the acknowledgement that the Radiants are not perfect people to the point that they needed an order with the specific purpose of making sure they didn't abuse their power, and I appreciate the Skybreakers for being that order.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:21 AM, LuckyJim said:

Kinda surprised Skybreakers are so high (although there are relatively few responses, so that's probably part of the reason) anyway, I might as well explain why they're my favorite.

While I can appreciate the gung ho idealism of the Windrunners that's more common in tv and movies, it often bothers me how little foresight people can have in those cases. Especially when you have a "by-the-books" character who wants to take a more careful but limited approach who's clearly framed to be in the wrong.

On another note, I like the acknowledgement that the Radiants are not perfect people to the point that they needed an order with the specific purpose of making sure they didn't abuse their power, and I appreciate the Skybreakers for being that order.

Thank you for sharing why you voted that way, Skybreakers are definitely one of my favorites. They are willing to do almost anything to keep justice.

On 13/03/2021 at 6:21 AM, LuckyJim said:

Agreed. The Skybreakers we see in the books aren’t very good at the whole justice thing right now, but I love the idea of the Order.

It’s great fun when people have cool powers and big swords and all that, and hitting bad guys really hard with awesome magic feels good. But I also like characters who can take a step back, understand that rules exist for a reason, and refuse to get carried away. I hope we get to see some functioning-as-intended Skybreakers at some point. 

1 hour ago, RedBlue said:

Agreed. The Skybreakers we see in the books aren’t very good at the whole justice thing right now, but I love the idea of the Order.

It’s great fun when people have cool powers and big swords and all that, and hitting bad guys really hard with awesome magic feels good. But I also like characters who can take a step back, understand that rules exist for a reason, and refuse to get carried away. I hope we get to see some functioning-as-intended Skybreakers at some point. 

Oh yes, I hope so.

Something about checking power, while following the rules calls to me like you would not believe.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, Willshaper-Kalak said:

Thank you for sharing why you voted that way, Skybreakers are definitely one of my favorites. They are willing to do almost anything to keep justice.

Sky breakers have the best surges, I mean who doesn't wnt to fly and break things?

Did something happen to this page? I can't seem to be able to vote. I can just see the stats of which option got how many votes. I can't click one, and there's no "Submit Vote" button. Nope, I did not accidentally click "Show Results" and there's no "Show Vote Options" button either. This is not an old topic either, nor is there any Mod post for locking the poll or anything.

Edit: \( ̄▽ ̄;)/Nvm, I already voted here

Edited by Honorless

I may be biased but I do love Truthwatchers. Seems like my type of people (well, most of the time). I have a soft spot for Windrunners and Lightweavers too.

Sincerely,

A Truthwatcher.

Edited by caramel_

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Frustration said:

Because Skybreakers are simply better:D

No idea on Truthwatchers though

Truthwatcher was one of the most common results from the Knights Radiant quiz (according to internet polls anyway) so that's probably influencing the results here.