Willshaper-Kalak

What Order of Knight Radiant is your Favorite?

Which Order of Knight Radiant is your Favorite?   38 members have voted

1. 1. Which Order

• Lightweaver
    • Windrunner
    • Skybreaker
    • Willshaper
    • Elsecaller
    • Bondsmih
    • Edgedancer
    • Dustbringers
    • Stonewards
    • Truthwatchers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

This is a topic I created to see which orders are the most popular.

I have a soft spot for skybreakers, and a Stormform Skybreaker would be the coolest thing ever.

Stoneward rep right here. I mean, come on, fighting.

Edited by basement_boi

You misspelled Bondsmith.

Ive always loved the idea of the Lightweavers. 
Truths, lies, secrets, disguises, all of it.

Edited by Eternal Khol

Im looking forward to seeing what Stonewards and Willshapers can really do.  Until then I think the Lightweavers have the most long-tern potential for being OP (not counting Bondsmiths that start that way).  

Edited by Quantus

On 2/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

You misspelled Bondsmith.

My bad. Thanks for pointing that out!

No votes for Bondsmith or Dustbringer yet, wow.

2 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

No votes for Bondsmith or Dustbringer yet, wow.

I think we just don't know enough about Dustbringers yet. I'm not sure why there are no Bondsmiths though

I'm honestly surprised that Windrunner only has 1 vote. Kaladin is pretty cool!

On 3/1/2021 at 7:12 PM, Nellac said:

I think we just don't know enough about Dustbringers yet. I'm not sure why there are no Bondsmiths though

Yeah, Dustbringers are very mysterious as of now. But Bondsmiths just radiate with awesome power!

Kinda surprised Skybreakers are so high (although there are relatively few responses, so that's probably part of the reason) anyway, I might as well explain why they're my favorite.

While I can appreciate the gung ho idealism of the Windrunners that's more common in tv and movies, it often bothers me how little foresight people can have in those cases. Especially when you have a "by-the-books" character who wants to take a more careful but limited approach who's clearly framed to be in the wrong.

On another note, I like the acknowledgement that the Radiants are not perfect people to the point that they needed an order with the specific purpose of making sure they didn't abuse their power, and I appreciate the Skybreakers for being that order.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:21 AM, LuckyJim said:

Kinda surprised Skybreakers are so high (although there are relatively few responses, so that's probably part of the reason) anyway, I might as well explain why they're my favorite.

While I can appreciate the gung ho idealism of the Windrunners that's more common in tv and movies, it often bothers me how little foresight people can have in those cases. Especially when you have a "by-the-books" character who wants to take a more careful but limited approach who's clearly framed to be in the wrong.

On another note, I like the acknowledgement that the Radiants are not perfect people to the point that they needed an order with the specific purpose of making sure they didn't abuse their power, and I appreciate the Skybreakers for being that order.

Thank you for sharing why you voted that way, Skybreakers are definitely one of my favorites. They are willing to do almost anything to keep justice.

On 13/03/2021 at 6:21 AM, LuckyJim said:

Agreed. The Skybreakers we see in the books aren’t very good at the whole justice thing right now, but I love the idea of the Order.

It’s great fun when people have cool powers and big swords and all that, and hitting bad guys really hard with awesome magic feels good. But I also like characters who can take a step back, understand that rules exist for a reason, and refuse to get carried away. I hope we get to see some functioning-as-intended Skybreakers at some point. 

1 hour ago, RedBlue said:

Agreed. The Skybreakers we see in the books aren’t very good at the whole justice thing right now, but I love the idea of the Order.

It’s great fun when people have cool powers and big swords and all that, and hitting bad guys really hard with awesome magic feels good. But I also like characters who can take a step back, understand that rules exist for a reason, and refuse to get carried away. I hope we get to see some functioning-as-intended Skybreakers at some point. 

Oh yes, I hope so.

Something about checking power, while following the rules calls to me like you would not believe.