Roseplate

so... I was thinking (everybody knows that's dangerous) and i thought, what would be the name of anti-investiture? and I looked it up and the opposite of investment is divestment, so... Divestiture?

What's everybody's opinion about this? my buddies think it's genius (their words, not mine) but what do you guys think?

Hey, welcome! I had to move this topic to the Rhythm of War board. Please be aware of which forum you are posting in and read their descriptions. In addition, Rhythm of War content cannot be outside of the RoW boards.

59 minutes ago, V_4_Viceod said:

so... I was thinking (everybody knows that's dangerous) and i thought, what would be the name of anti-investiture? and I looked it up and the opposite of investment is divestment, so... Divestiture?

What's everybody's opinion about this? my buddies think it's genius (their words, not mine) but what do you guys think?

It's a good name, but I see Anti-Investiture as the layman's term.

I don't know, the word comes off to me more as losing access to invesiture, possibly voluntarily, and almost certainly not in a way that obliterates the invesiture. In our world, to divest is to sell your entire position in a company or for a company to sell off a subsidiary or other business interest.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 7:32 PM, Bill Smith said:

I don't know, the word comes off to me more as losing access to invesiture, possibly voluntarily, and almost certainly not in a way that obliterates the invesiture. In our world, to divest is to sell your entire position in a company or for a company to sell off a subsidiary or other business interest.

well, not really, think of it like math investing is x + 2 invested is 2 divesting is x - 2 while divested is (-2)

Edited by V_4_Viceod
clarification