Past WoBs have confirmed that ettmetal, Harmony's godmetal, is distinct from an alloy of atium and lerasium.

Questioner

If I were to alloy atium and lerasium, would I get harmonium? Or is harmonium different after the Shards combined?

Brandon Sanderson

It's different after the Shards combined.

Questioner

If I was to take harmonium and separate it out through distillation, would I get lerasium and atium or something that functions similarly?

Brandon Sanderson

No, you would-- It actually has become a different--

Questioner

Can't be split?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. I mean, you could find a way, but you're not going to get it through normal, mechanical means.

Skyward Houston signing (Nov. 19, 2018)

So I've been wondering for a while if creating harmonium was possible prior to the catascendre, when ruin and preservation were still distinct entities.  Could Ati and Leras have worked together to create it?

Now, we have potentially new info on the topic: Warlight and Tower light. Obviously, this is gaseous investiture but it seems safe to assume that what was done to them could be done to the godmetals, in some fashion. Possibly through different means, but I feel very safe in assuming that something could be done to create a godmetal equivalent of Warlight and Towerlight. The question is, what was done to them? Is this closer to an alloy, or is it closer to ettmetal? If it's the latter, then that would imply that yes, ettmetal could have been created prior to harmony. But if it's closer to being like the alloy, then the question is still up in the air

Well, it seems obvious you could already have created Harmony's mist back in Era 1 and

BlackYeti

Because you've talked about alloying the god metals with other ones-- I was wondering whether you would be able to melt them down as you would with normal metals.

Brandon Sanderson

If you could distill the god metal: you could distill it out of the mist, that's theoretically possible.

Manchester signing (Aug. 6, 2014)

So most likely yes