Felt and Hoid Related

Storyspren

Crazy idea and I am preemptively putting it here instead of general even though I don’t specifically have any RoW content in mind.

I am rereading the Mistborn series and can’t help but remark to myself on Felt’s “hawkish face.” Felt and Hoid cannot be the same person, but could they be related? 

I know it is weird to think of Hoid procreating but maybe there is some relation. I can’t get over the attention to detail in the description of this allegedly minor character.

Please someone help me stop thinking this.

5 hours ago, Storyspren said:

Crazy idea and I am preemptively putting it here instead of general even though I don’t specifically have any RoW content in mind.

I am rereading the Mistborn series and can’t help but remark to myself on Felt’s “hawkish face.” Felt and Hoid cannot be the same person, but could they be related? 

I know it is weird to think of Hoid procreating but maybe there is some relation. I can’t get over the attention to detail in the description of this allegedly minor character.

Please someone help me stop thinking this.

Kelsier and Marsh are also described as hawk faced. Moash has similar features, too.

20 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier and Marsh are also described as hawk faced. Moash has similar features, too.

But Felt appears only briefly and infrequently and a point in made of mentioning his features. Then there is the fact that hawk faced world hoppers is a very exclusive group indeed.

• 2 months later...

This reminds me how much I hate the idea of Hoid being in romantic relationships. Its one thing if there were when he was still mortal, and another if they were with other immortals, but good gosh I'm not comfortable with immortal/mortal romances. I can accept fairly large age gaps, but thousands of years is way too big. If Hoid can even look at people a century old and see them as anything but children, then I greatly question how much wisdom he's actually developed over his extended lifespan. What I'm saying is, ROW indicates Hoid could have children, and I am not down for it, so I'd be somewhat bothered is Felt ends up being related to him.