The Three-Headed Hydra

Goob

A thought.

Character Name: Weden. A codename given to him by Accura. He has forgotten his real name.

He was nobody before he was taken. No family, no friends, few acquaintances- Accura wouldn't even have had to mind wipe them to make them forget him. Not that he knows that now, of course.

He was chosen at random. Any of the subjects taken by Accura could have taken his place, had his fate befall them. But it had been him who was selected.

The beginning of it had been the device. Small yet complex, it had taken away his fear and replaced it with loyalty to the Accura company. He hadn't known then, of course, but that was the first sign. Loyalty cortices were expensive, and Accura only used them when they had no hope of controlling the monster they planned to create in any other way. Because of it, he had allowed the modifications to happen to him without a trace of worry.

First, the biological modifications. Upgrades to his brain, giving him greater intelligence and cognition.

Then came the cybernetics, boosting his memory and his knowledge.

Finally, the arcane -- opening his mind to the world, and the world to him.

He finished much, much, smarter than he had before. Perhaps much smarter than any human, ever. But one mind can only stretch so far before it breaks. And an insane genius was no use to Accura except as a learning opportunity. And so, Weden waits in his cell for his demise.

35 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"The only thing I can connect to right now is that Slavic guy's hand. Maybe if I move around, I could pick up something else, but I need to get outta here first."

Michial watched as his hand moved of its accord. He guided it to the next wall, and began to break that one.

"My antlered friend, can you climb through this hole and help me break this next wall?"

@Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Michial watched as his hand moved of its accord. He guided it to the next wall, and began to break that one.

"My antlered friend, can you climb through this hole and help me break this next wall?"

@Channelknight Fadran

"I guess I can try..." Tomrin tried to push through the hole.

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

@Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I guess I can try..." Tomrin tried to push through the hole.

"What about me?" She said, frustrated.

Fortunately, you don't need to open the doors.
Suddenly, in a distant part of the facility you can barely hear, alarms start going off. It slowly gets louder and louder as more alarms go off, their wailing clawing at your ears. You can't see outside of your cell, but you can tell something is going wrong- there's yelling and the rumbling of distant machinery, and the thumping of feet passing by.
But then the alarms stop, and the machinery grinds to a halt- and what's more, the small dim light in your cells flicker out as well, leaving only the yelling.
Most importantly, however, the doors of your cells click three times before sliding open, revealing a long, dark hallway stretching out both left and right, completely empty besides two shocked-looking guards who skid to a halt, firearms in hand, which appear to have several tubes running through them flowing with a sickly red liquid, and the tip appears to be more of a nozzle than a barrel.

12 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Fortunately, you don't need to open the doors.
Suddenly, in a distant part of the facility you can barely hear, alarms start going off. It slowly gets louder and louder as more alarms go off, their wailing clawing at your ears. You can't see outside of your cell, but you can tell something is going wrong- there's yelling and the rumbling of distant machinery, and the thumping of feet passing by.
But then the alarms stop, and the machinery grinds to a halt- and what's more, the small dim light in your cells flicker out as well, leaving only the yelling.
Most importantly, however, the doors of your cells click three times before sliding open, revealing a long, dark hallway stretching out both left and right, completely empty besides two shocked-looking guards who skid to a halt, firearms in hand, which appear to have several tubes running through them flowing with a sickly red liquid, and the tip appears to be more of a nozzle than a barrel.

"Oh for the love of all that which is holy! What is going on?!"

Edited by Random Bystander

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

Oh absolutely. It would either be tech or magic, more likely the latter however.

Yay! Magic! I don't know if I want a dude, though. I think she's female.

Spoiler

Name: Isati

Looks: On fire, with dark blue eyes. The fire continually trails behind her, no matter if she's standing or walking. (Like Syl!)

Personality: Shy, nice, smart. And fiery. She's got a lot to say but isn't willing to say it.

Background: Oh, I don't know.

I think that should be good.

Ok, scrap everything. 

Name: Gursan Burth

Description: Black hair and nearly black eyes. He has a short and stocky build that can pack a punch. Oddly enough he has grey skin.

Abilities/Enhancements: Indestructible skin with multipurpose nanobots underneath. His aging has also slowed down dramatically. 

Backstory: A friendly nobody with a life changing disease in a small neighborhood.  He had lots of friends, but he was already on the course of dying, so his death was easy to fake. He was a willing participant to most of the experiments, but the nanobots hurt so much he begged the scientists to stop, but they didn't, embittering Gursan to Accura. He stopped cooperating, causing Accura to dispose of him.

How about that Goob?

The day before...

Woden was going to die today.

A guard had told him so, yesterday. "Enjoy your last day," he'd said. Then he'd shaken his head and walked off.

He sat in his cell, eating his food. It was edible. There wasn't much else to say about it.

Once he'd finished, he carefully slid the tray into the disposal slit on the wall, making sure not to splinter any of it. Unsplintered trays were processed quicker in the system, which pleased Accura. And that was a good thing, because he was loyal to Accura. So loyal he was even going to let them kill him.

He sat back down to wait for the executioner to arrive with his gun. Or maybe it would be a dissection table. Who knew what they could use his brain for? Although, to be honest, Woden didn't think it would be much use to anyone other than himself. That was why he was getting killed, after all.

Within a few minutes, the executioner arrived. His gun gleamed scarlet, even in the bland lights of the cell. Yes, Woden was useless to Accura. He was a drain on resources, a liability. He could not help them. He could not help  them. Nnot could he help could he not could not could could couLd-

"Enjoy your last day," said the guard, shaing his head and walking off.

Woden was going to die tomorrow.