The Three-Headed Hydra

Goob

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

Michial picked up a likely looking gun and weighed it in his hands. Hopefully his new hand would know how to shoot, because his personal experience was minimal.

“I too would like to escape”

"Great."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"No. I can run. That's basically it."

Tomrin sighed quietly. "Welp... I guess I'm the one who asked."

He poked his head out the hall and readied a couple pistols. "Alright... let's move out."

44 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

He poked his head out the hall and readied a couple pistols. "Alright... let's move out."

Michial followed close behind Tomrin, imitating his motions. Maybe if he watched Tomrim enough he could figure out how to use these cursed weapons. 

As you leave the armory, it simply leads to another corridor- luckily, this one is far shorter than the last and leads to a matrix of rooms with hallways crawling between them. One of these rooms has it's metal door swinging open, and you can see it's a sterile surgery room, with an uncomfortable looking surgery table, a number of gadgets you don't recognize, and a computer in the corner.
There's an issue, however. What appears to be moss covers parts of the floor, walls, and ceilings. It doesn't look odd, but what appears to be the profile of a body lays on the ground, face-down.

4 hours ago, Mage said:

Michial followed close behind Tomrin, imitating his motions. Maybe if he watched Tomrim enough he could figure out how to use these cursed weapons. 

4 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

As you leave the armory, it simply leads to another corridor- luckily, this one is far shorter than the last and leads to a matrix of rooms with hallways crawling between them. One of these rooms has it's metal door swinging open, and you can see it's a sterile surgery room, with an uncomfortable looking surgery table, a number of gadgets you don't recognize, and a computer in the corner.
There's an issue, however. What appears to be moss covers parts of the floor, walls, and ceilings. It doesn't look odd, but what appears to be the profile of a body lays on the ground, face-down.

"What in the world..." Tomrin crept forwards.

Each step you take on the carpet of moss causes it to flare with a blue light rippling out for about a foot or so before fading again.

22 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Ignoring the body, Mallory went to the computer. "So, should we figure out where we are?"

The computer is logged in and the screen is a mess- there are forms half-way signed, documents full of dense information on science and magic and is far too complicated  for you to understand. You can see the browser they're using has one of those web path things at the top that shows how they got to this page- and at the very beginning is a "main directory".

22 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Tomrin decided to be a nice person and check the form.

Almost immediately once you touch the form, you can tell there's no actual body inside there- there's too much give too it. Neither is there a skeleton, once you press a little harder- to see if there's anything in there, however, you're going to have to open it up.

10 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Each step you take on the carpet of moss causes it to flare with a blue light rippling out for about a foot or so before fading again.

The computer is logged in and the screen is a mess- there are forms half-way signed, documents full of dense information on science and magic and is far too complicated  for you to understand. You can see the browser they're using has one of those web path things at the top that shows how they got to this page- and at the very beginning is a "main directory".

Almost immediately once you touch the form, you can tell there's no actual body inside there- there's too much give too it. Neither is there a skeleton, once you press a little harder- to see if there's anything in there, however, you're going to have to open it up.

"Uhh... should I check out what this thing is, guys? Because it isn't a person."

@Random Bystander @Mage

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Uhh... should I check out what this thing is, guys? Because it isn't a person."

@Random Bystander @Mage

"Sure?"

19 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Liam interfaced with the computer, absorbing information at dizzying speed. Much of the data was incomprehensible at first glance, so he mentally indexed it for later reference

"What the heck are you doing?" She, ignoring the browser the organization used, opened Google Chrome. She then pulled up Google Maps, and allowed it to track their location. "I hope this works." 

17 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Liam interfaced with the computer, absorbing information at dizzying speed. Much of the data was incomprehensible at first glance, so he mentally indexed it for later reference

Unfortunately, much of the information has been blocked off to you due to firewalls and other precautions built for just this purpose. Still, there is quite a lot of information here, including one very interesting map...

Spoiler

6040554317abf_theorganization2.thumb.png.a95df567dd72a76cab5fdc7183f9c60f.png

There was a lot of interactivity on the map, but a lot of it was limited by the formerly mentioned firewalls. It's also obvious that the small gray cross is the disposal center on the bottom edge of Lake Michigan.

11 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Sure?"

"What the heck are you doing?" She, ignoring the browser the organization used, opened Google Chrome. She then pulled up Google Maps, and allowed it to track their location. "I hope this works." 

5 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Unfortunately, much of the information has been blocked off to you due to firewalls and other precautions built for just this purpose. Still, there is quite a lot of information here, including one very interesting map...

Reveal hidden contents

6040554317abf_theorganization2.thumb.png.a95df567dd72a76cab5fdc7183f9c60f.png

There was a lot of interactivity on the map, but a lot of it was limited by the formerly mentioned firewalls. It's also obvious that the small gray cross is the disposal center on the bottom edge of Lake Michigan.

Tomrin frowned at the map. "What is that?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Tomrin frowned at the map. "What is that?"

"I think it's a map of their facilities, and I think that's where we are." She pointed at the cross. She turned. "HEY! WE FOUND SOMETHING IMPORTANT!" She then took a screenshot and tried printing it.

Edited by Random Bystander

13 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"I think it's a map of their facilities, and I think that's where we are." She pointed at the cross. She turned. "HEY! WE FOUND SOMETHING IMPORTANT!" She then took a screenshot and tried printing it.

“This is good, but even better would be a map of disposal center to aid our escape.”

On 3/4/2021 at 9:28 AM, Fallapede said:

"I'll see what I can find, but most of the data on this device is protected. It'll take a while to brute force."

After a little bit more force through the firewalls, not much more information is yielded... except for another map, this time of the Disposal Center itself. It was rather small, and in fact, you had seen most of it already.

Spoiler

Disposal.png.59e6283cdc7ec68d54104e4da8cce9eb.png

As everyone else steps around on the moss, the ripples of light glowing from your footsteps start growing larger, rippling out farther from your feet before finally the entire carpet of moss starts to glow consistently.