The Three-Headed Hydra

Goob

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Yeah, ok. But you don't have an infinite amount of electricity, and indestructible skin doesn't matter if you die to a hundred bruises or get swallowed whole. There's just too many for you to deal with.

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

As you run down the hallway, the things from behind you stop growing louder but doesn't really get any quieter- it seems you've managed to barely match whatever it is that's chasing you. However, you quickly run into another issue: what appears to be a small blockade. It seems like the lower part of the wall has slid out into the hallway on both sides to act as cover, and a quartet of guards. These, however, don't have the same acid guns as the guards encountered earlier, instead holding what appears to be repeating crossbows, with bolts that appear to have intricate patterns burnt onto them. He raise them and begin to aim right at you.

Isati skidded to a halt. "Put it down!"

2 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

As you run down the hallway, the things from behind you stop growing louder but doesn't really get any quieter- it seems you've managed to barely match whatever it is that's chasing you. However, you quickly run into another issue: what appears to be a small blockade. It seems like the lower part of the wall has slid out into the hallway on both sides to act as cover, and a quartet of guards. These, however, don't have the same acid guns as the guards encountered earlier, instead holding what appears to be repeating crossbows, with bolts that appear to have intricate patterns burnt onto them. He raise them and begin to aim right at you.

Tomrin yelped and jumped into a side hallway.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Hey! Bulletproof skin is my gig!

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Isati skidded to a halt. "Put it down!"

"Surrender or we will be forced to open fire!" Says on of the guards. "You are to be disposed and are not authorized to leave this facility!"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Surrender or we will be forced to open fire!" Says on of the guards. "You are to be disposed and are not authorized to leave this facility!"

"So you're telling us to surrender ourselves to be executed... or you'll kill us?" Tomrin thought about that. "Seems to be a decided lack of decision in that decision."

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Oh yes, very funny. Open fire. How about this? Let us go or we'll just run straight through."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So you're telling us to surrender ourselves to be executed... or you'll kill us?" Tomrin thought about that. "Seems to be a decided lack of decision in that decision."

"If you require incentive, death by disposal is far less painful than death by these umbral bolts."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"By those... what nows?"

Just now, Condensation said:

"I bet they won't even hurt me!"

"We have no requirement to tell you the effects of our weapons. And these bolts have been confirmed to work on ethereal beings. Surrender now."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"How's about you give me a pistol instead? Have a quick one-on-one, just you and me?"

"Ahaha, you think we have time for a duel?" Says another of the soldiers, who gets a quick glare from the original speaker. "This is your final warning. Surrender."

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"How's about you give me a pistol instead? Have a quick one-on-one, just you and me?"

"That's idiotic. One, he'd never consider it, and two, you'd just get yourself killed."

"We're not surrendering, okay?" Isati took a step forward. 

Edited by Condensation

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Ahaha, you think we have time for a duel?" Says another of the soldiers, who gets a quick glare from the original speaker. "This is your final warning. Surrender."

Just now, Condensation said:

"That's idiotic. One, he'd never consider it, and two, you'd just get yourself killed."

"Yeah, I know, just..." Tomrin thought his options over. "Okay, so... I think we're dead."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yeah, I know, just..." Tomrin thought his options over. "Okay, so... I think we're dead."

Isati scoffed. "They wouldn't shoot. There's a reason they offered surrender." She took another step forward. "Am I right? Go ahead, shoot me!"

24 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"We have no requirement to tell you the effects of our weapons. And these bolts have been confirmed to work on ethereal beings. Surrender now."

"I'd be careful with those if I were you. The limbs are misaligned. I wouldn't bet on hitting a target at all, let alone a moving one."

Liam is lying through his teeth here, just to be clear. He's just trying to buy time.

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Fire!"

Fortunately, but unknown to you, a great number of factors saved your lives. First of all, the most poorly trained soldiers are sent to the disposal centers, and they were certainly not trained in crossbows, causing two of the soldiers to just completely missed. Secondly, while the bolts were magically impressive, the crossbows themselves... Well, one of the other soldier's crossbows immediately jammed. And the final soldier, the one speaking and obviously the leader, aimed for Isati. He got, and his statement that it works on ethereal beings was correct, but it left out some vital information. It skims her stomach, and a black spot begins to spread outward, before promptly stopping before getting too big. Hurts a lot though.

I... I realized this too late, but this encounter fudging sucks. Feel free to slaughter these people now, and I'm retconning the repeating part of the crossbows so this isn't literally impossible. Bleh. Sorry.

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Fire!"

Fortunately, but unknown to you, a great number of factors saved your lives. First of all, the most poorly trained soldiers are sent to the disposal centers, and they were certainly not trained in crossbows, causing two of the soldiers to just completely missed. Secondly, while the bolts were magically impressive, the crossbows themselves... Well, one of the other soldier's crossbows immediately jammed. And the final soldier, the one speaking and obviously the leader, aimed for Isati. He got, and his statement that it works on ethereal beings was correct, but it left out some vital information. It skims her stomach, and a black spot begins to spread outward, before promptly stopping before getting too big. Hurts a lot though.

Tomrin stole that moment to run out and rush towards the soldiers.

Don't worry about it, pal.