Hello from the edge of the universe

snek.

Greetings everyone!

Just wanted to pop in for a quick second to say hi! I've just arrived on this wonderful website and I am looking forward to meeting new people and discussing the things we have in common!

I am a newbie to Cosmere, and I'm currently reading Words of Radiance, but I can't wait to learn more about the entirety of all the new worlds I am presented with.

I hope we'll get along, I can't wait to meet all of you! :D

After that lovely introduction, I don't see how we could possibly NOT get along.  Welcome!

I will second @AonEne's cautionary advice - stay away from ALL the forums until you finish the books, otherwise you'll ruin some tasty surprises.  What Sanderson work have you read so far?  If you post a list here, we can make better recommendations about which forums might be safe... although honestly this whole place is kind of a spoiler minefield for newbs.

11 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

After that lovely introduction, I don't see how we could possibly NOT get along.  Welcome!

I will second @AonEne's cautionary advice - stay away from ALL the forums until you finish the books, otherwise you'll ruin some tasty surprises.  What Sanderson work have you read so far?  If you post a list here, we can make better recommendations about which forums might be safe... although honestly this whole place is kind of a spoiler minefield for newbs.

So far I have only read The Way of King and I am around halfway through Words of Radiance.

Thank you for guiding me through all of this.

Goodness!  You have SO MUCH to look forward to... but so long until I'd suggest you freely roam the forums LOL

I'd avoid any forums until you finish Oathbringer, Elantris, Warbreaker, Mistborn: The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, Hero of Ages.  That's a lot of reading.

Then there is Edgedancer, Rhythm of War, Alloy of Law, Shadows of Self, The Bands or Mourning, Arcanum Unbounded, Dawnshard... important things happen in ALL those as well.  Plus there are all the years of WoBs ("Words of Brandon") that we throw around, which also contain major spoilers.

*sigh* It's not that I don't want you to be able to enjoy the forums... but since pretty much everybody here has read EVERYTHING, we just assume everybody knows everything.  Reading what might seem to be an innocent post or topic could end up spoiling a really important secret or plot twist, and rob you of that enjoyment.  And that would be a shame, because secrets and plot twists are among the greatest things about Brandon's writing.

2 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

Goodness!  You have SO MUCH to look forward to... but so long until I'd suggest you freely roam the forums LOL

I'd avoid any forums until you finish Oathbringer, Elantris, Warbreaker, Mistborn: The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, Hero of Ages.  That's a lot of reading.

Then there is Edgedancer, Rhythm of War, Alloy of Law, Shadows of Self, The Bands or Mourning, Arcanum Unbounded, Dawnshard... important things happen in ALL those as well.  Plus there are all the years of WoBs ("Words of Brandon") that we throw around, which also contain major spoilers.

*sigh* It's not that I don't want you to be able to enjoy the forums... but since pretty much everybody here has read EVERYTHING, we just assume everybody knows everything.  Reading what might seem to be an innocent post or topic could end up spoiling a really important secret or plot twist, and rob you of that enjoyment.  And that would be a shame, because secrets and plot twists are among the greatest things about Brandon's writing.

Not to say I'm intimidated, but I am REALLY intimidated. Guess I'll have to clear my schedule for the next couple of years...