Rhythm of Peace

Frustration

23 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Greetings. This is a simple request to not execute the aforementioned prisoner as I worry about his extreme need for that outcome and expect he has a plan for that occasion, especially due to the ease of which he was captured.

The Queen 's decision will not be made until she has had a chance to interview the prisioner, but I will tell you Brightlord that he will most likely be executed. Alenelin wrote back.

Edited by Frustration

On 3/14/2021 at 8:24 PM, Frustration said:

The Queen 's decision will not be made until she has had a chance to interview the prisioner, but I will tell you Brightlord that he will most likely be executed. Alenelin wrote back.

That is completely unnecessary. I promise that execution of this prisoner can only be harmful.

7 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

That is completely unnecessary. I promise that execution of this prisoner can only be harmful.

On the contrary Brightlord, do you know how hard it is to contain a Radiant?

Even with aluminum it is impossible to ensure their imprisionment. In trying to contain him we have doubled the number of guards stationed at the palace, but that isn't sustainable. We need the extra men on hand in case another riot breaks out, I won't say it is impossible for her Majesty to spare him, just unlikely, I trust if executing him would do more harm than good the queen will spare him.

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

On the contrary Brightlord, do you know how hard it is to contain a Radiant?

Even with aluminum it is impossible to ensure their imprisionment. In trying to contain him we have doubled the number of guards stationed at the palace, but that isn't sustainable. We need the extra men on hand in case another riot breaks out, I won't say it is impossible for her Majesty to spare him, just unlikely, I trust if executing him would do more harm than good the queen will spare him.

Okay, I kind of feel like there would be a prison designed for radiants, especially Skybreakers. 

Also, what do you mean aluminum can't contain them? I feel like all you have to do is make sure no Stormlight gets anywhere near them, which should not be difficult.

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

Locks can be picked and they have a tool you can't take away, I actually have a thread from a while back where we go over how hard it is to imprision a Radiant if you want to see it.

Edited by Frustration

4 minutes ago, Frustration said:

That's a good point. However, could you not use an oubliette-style cell where the entire bottom part is coated in aluminum and the only exit is the ceiling? If you really want to be safe, have the hole be covered by solid stone. If you really, REALLY want to be safe, you could have like three people with spears guarding the top, so if they somehow get out with like a shardladder or something, they could just stab him back down with little risk of retaliation.

2 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Radiants have extra chances, and are immediatly dangerous, if a normal person escapes they are still just a person without a weapon. If a Radiant escapes then you have a neigh immortal warrior with a instant death weapon to deal with.

And Kholinar is a large city, esspecially with the increased Singer population that would be left over,

I don't think it causes much of a problem, but that's just me.

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

I see. Well, once Queen Jasnah returns, I would like to speak with her. Good day.

Don't be afraid to question me, I just don't think I'm wrong here.

I will let her know you wish to speak with her. Thank you for your concern Brightlord. 

On 3/17/2021 at 5:22 PM, Frustration said:

I will let her know you wish to speak with her. Thank you for your concern Brightlord. 

@Random Bystander 

Kyt grumbles and stands. "Well that didn't go well."  He turns to Cess. "So, the queen thinks it would be too much trouble to keep that singer imprisoned, but I think they have a plan that relies on that. What do you think?"

4 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

@Random Bystander 

Kyt grumbles and stands. "Well that didn't go well."  He turns to Cess. "So, the queen thinks it would be too much trouble to keep that singer imprisoned, but I think they have a plan that relies on that. What do you think?"

She looked at him for a moment before looking over her shoulder. "Are you asking me?" She said sounding both shocked, and baffled.

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She looked at him for a moment before looking over her shoulder. "Are you asking me?" She said sounding both shocked, and baffled.

Sorry for the number times I pinged you can today. I'm pretty sure you are in every RP I'm in.

"Well, yes. A second opinion is always nice."

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Uh..." I have no idea. "I don't know. All I know is that he has motives he's not sharing."

"Exactly. And he seems to really, really want to be executed, which if he has ulterior motives, cannot be allowed to happen. And he's certainly not going to give up these motives without us going to places I don't want to go."

Edited by AmazingGoob

2 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Exactly. And he seems to really, really want to be executed, which if he has ulterior motives, cannot be allowed to happen. And he's certainly not going to give up these motives without going to places I don't want to go."

"Maybe he's trying to convince you to not have him executed. It's what I would do in that situation." She said it really seriously.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Maybe he's trying to convince you to not have him executed. It's what I would do in that situation." She said it really seriously.

"Reverse psychology, then? I don't know. If he didn't want to get executed, he shouldn't of let himself get captured so easily in the first place."

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She shrugged. "I have no experience with politics." She said bluntly.

"This isn't politics, though. This is just trying to get into someone's head. So think about it- what motivation could he have to get executed? Or at least get near it?"

"This isn't politics, though. This is just trying to get into someone's head. So think about it- what motivation could he have to get executed? Or at least get near it?"

"To make a scene. He might try to escape at the last minute so that he could inspire other Singers or something."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"To make a scene. He might try to escape at the last minute so that he could inspire other Singers or something."

"Like I said to him, there is no chance the singers would 'be inspired' and rise because some extremist died. That's an insult to them. And if that is the case, we should just let him be executed."

8 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Like I said to him, there is no chance the singers would 'be inspired' and rise because some extremist died. That's an insult to them. And if that is the case, we should just let him be executed."

"You don't know how the minds of people like me work. One person standing up and challenging the system can have a huge effect on what people choose. Especially if they are challenging something that is already really unstable." 

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"You don't know how the minds of people like me work. One person standing up and challenging the system can have a huge effect on what people choose. Especially if they are challenging something that is already really unstable." 

"The issue isn't the power of the individual. The issue is that these singers have been at war for years and possibly lost more than us, but then the moment they get peace and acceptance they immediately drive us back into war? Ridiculous."

"The issue isn't the power of the individual. The issue is that these singers have been at war for years and possibly lost more than us, but then the moment they get peace and acceptance they immediately drive us back into war? Ridiculous."

She paused. "Have you seen the way Singers are treated around here? I wouldn't exactly call it acceptance. Of course, they'd probably act differently if they saw a Radiant..."