Rhythm of Peace

Frustration

"If the Unmade are there and the Heralds aren't, it's not balanced. Since one Herald is gone forever, one Unmade should stay in captivity forever. Even."

This is all irrelevant. If it's balanced, it's unbalanced. Passion is much more ready to be stirred up to anger than Oath is.

It would be like the Nephites and the Lamanites, when the Nephites weren't attacking the Lamanites, then did, then all died. It would be like the American Civil War, when the Confederates weren't attacking the Union, then did, then lost. Anything balanced power-wise ends up with Odium winning, simply because he's more willing to attack. Odium would always start the fight.

I need examples that will make sense to Rosharans.

1 hour ago, Tani said:

"If the Unmade are there and the Heralds aren't, it's not balanced. Since one Herald is gone forever, one Unmade should stay in captivity forever. Even."

I can't think of any, I'll let you know if I do.

"Oh, and how well did it go the last time humans tried to imprison an Unmade forever? You of all people should understand that they are as natural as the Stormfather, and the consequences of allowing even one to be bound are dire."

1 hour ago, Tani said:

"The Thrill is bound, and there have been no ill effects. Are you saying you can find a way to retrieve a Herald from the Spiritual realm?"

"The Fused are gone, they are the Heralds equivelent. The Unmade are a neccesary part of Roshar, they will be freed, this is not negotiatable."

14 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"The Fused are gone, they are the Heralds equivelent. The Unmade are a neccesary part of Roshar, they will be freed, this is not negotiatable."

"The Unmade," Kyt says, anger creeping back into his voice, "Are ancient forces of chaos and destruction. I struggle to see how their freeing will improve anything."

27 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"The Unmade," Kyt says, anger creeping back into his voice, "Are ancient forces of chaos and destruction. I struggle to see how their freeing will improve anything."

"So," Nak said to Destruction. "You stand by what Melishi did. You agree with him. We have nothing more to gain from this."

Just now, Frustration said:

"So," Nak said to Destruction. "You stand by what Melishi did. You agree with him. We have nothing more to gain from this."

"Wait wait wait wait. I apologize for my sudden outburst. I am just... curious why you are so steadfast on the  freeing of the Unmade. They have just caused... a lot of pain for some people, is what I'm trying to say."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Wait wait wait wait. I apologize for my sudden outburst. I am just... curious why you are so steadfast on the  freeing of the Unmade. They have just caused... a lot of pain for some people, is what I'm trying to say."

"The Stormfather kills thousands a year, The Nightwatcher causes immense suffering in dozens more, yet you would not imprison them. How many people has Nergaoul actually killed? None. This has nothing to do with the Unmade causing pain, it is because thay are of Odium."

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"The Stormfather kills thousands a year, The Nightwatcher causes immense suffering in dozens more, yet you would not imprison them. How many people has Nergaoul actually killed? None. This has nothing to do with the Unmade causing pain, it is because thay are of Odium."

Kyt sighs, but behind that sigh was a sea of anger. Odium was a deity of hate and destruction and had caused nothing but that since he arrived to Roshar.

"I feel like we should discuss this in a more appropriate setting. Maybe not standing at the heart of the Tower holding stolen scholarly instruments, yes? And maybe with someone more qualified than me and Idir here."

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Kyt sighs, but behind that sigh was a sea of anger. Odium was a deity of hate and destruction and had caused nothing but that since he arrived to Roshar.

"I feel like we should discuss this in a more appropriate setting. Maybe not standing at the heart of the Tower holding stolen scholarly instruments, yes? And maybe with someone more qualified than me and Idir here."

"I must go now, but if you wish, I can return at a different time."

Edited by Frustration

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"I must go now, but if you wish, I can return at a different time."

"Fine. But first you must return the stolen goods and make an oath you won't work towards your plan until we can come to an agreement. Oh and an apology to the scholars would be in order as well."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Fine. But first you must return the stolen goods and make an oath you won't work towards your plan until we can come to an agreement. Oh and an apology to the scholars would be in order as well."

Nak smiled, "I don't think so, I will be in touch with you." and with that he lashed himself out the doorway grabbing his team as he left.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:38 PM, Frustration said:

Nak smiled, "I don't think so, I will be in touch with you." and with that he lashed himself out the doorway grabbing his team as he left.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:06 PM, Tani said:

"No Windrunners?"

"How can he Lash?"

"What a cremlicker."
Kyt says once Nak is far out of earshot. He turns to Idir.
"Here's an important lesson, Idir. People like that? People who claim to seek balance and harmony between good and evil forces? They're all liars. Every single one of them. They claim to seek compromise, but they'll keep demanding concessions to their side until the only 'compromise' they'll accept is one where they sit above all others. Understand?"

"I think I got that idea just from the conversation. Interestingly, he wanted balance, but refused to negotiate with us from anything other than a position of power." She pauses for a second, then continues. "Those things they took better not be irreplaceable."

On 11/9/2021 at 6:48 PM, Tani said:

"I think I got that idea just from the conversation. Interestingly, he wanted balance, but refused to negotiate with us from anything other than a position of power." She pauses for a second, then continues. "Those things they took better not be irreplaceable."

"They probably aren't, thankfully. I'm more fearful with what they plan to do with them. Anyways, we still need to get you to the Dustbringers."

• 3 weeks later...

Nak landed at his basw of opperation in Azir. Almost no one knew about it, even among his own forces. It was the only way to ensure safety.

Sahl, a tall femalen in nimbleform, with gorgeous white and red marbled skin came out to greet him.

"How did it go?"

"I'm not sure." Nak replied. "We got most of the plans, but I haven't looked at them yet. Hopefully they have found the metal used for creating repelling fabrials."

Sahl smiled and took the bag from him, with anyone else he would have protested, but his wife could do as she pleased. They spread the plans and began to look through them, carefully going over each one in turn. But to no avail, the mystery metal had illuded them.

"A shame." Sahl said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I can find a use for these, but we need repelling fabrials."

Nak sighed, he had hoped to avoid this. "So be it, tell Mraise I want to talk."

• 2 months later...