Bondsmith Potential

jamesbondsmith

Both of our current Bondsmiths seem to have gained their nahel bond through coercion, rather than the spren making the choice like many of our other Radiants. Dalinar coerces the Stormfather, and the Sibling rejected Navani until the situation was 'bond or die'.

Is there a reason for this? I would guess that it's meant to ensure you have a strong enough personality in order to be an equal partner with a force of nature. Dalinar seems to be trying to convince the Stormfather to show a little more mercy. However, that could go so terribly sideways it isn't funny. Imagine if Sadeas or Moash or Amaram had become a Bondsmith.

5 minutes ago, Dracnor said:

Can't the spren break the bond from their side ?

They can. From what we've seen Ishar do a high Oath Boundsmith can stop them from leaving but there would be enough time for the Godspren to see they had leave before Sadeas or Moash had attained that level

(And if so, why haven't the stormfather done so ?)

Probably for the same reason he sent the visions, Hounour had asked him to try

6 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

Both of our current Bondsmiths seem to have gained their nahel bond through coercion, rather than the spren making the choice like many of our other Radiants. Dalinar coerces the Stormfather, and the Sibling rejected Navani until the situation was 'bond or die'.

Is there a reason for this? I would guess that it's meant to ensure you have a strong enough personality in order to be an equal partner with a force of nature. Dalinar seems to be trying to convince the Stormfather to show a little more mercy. However, that could go so terribly sideways it isn't funny. Imagine if Sadeas or Moash or Amaram had become a Bondsmith.

As far as the Sibling is concerned, it is about how there was somebody they already idealized bonding: Rlain.

40 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I think that the sibling is happy with its bond

It sees navani as a smart person with an interest in science and middle ground 

I'm not sure that Sibling is happy with their bound but they're definitively not unhappy with it

42 minutes ago, basement_boi said:

As far as the Sibling is concerned, it is about how there was somebody they already idealized bonding: Rlain.

Well sorry Sibling, Tumi got there first :D