The Guild of Classic Rock Fans

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

Does Elvis Presley count? :lol:

Not exactly Classic Rock, but it's probably close enough.

If you want, I can give you a list of classic rock songs you may like. You'd need to answer a few questions first, but there are so many different types of music within classic rock. I mean, there is a huge difference between songs like You're My Best Friend by Queen, Sanitarium by Metallica, and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. There is so much diversity in this specific genre of music. (I am very opinionated when it comes to classic rock...)

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Ummm... I don't really know. I guess he's around the right time period, but he's less rock and more varied. But I do see how you could do that.

He is the king of rock and roll, after all.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

Not exactly Classic Rock, but it's probably close enough.

If you want, I can give you a list of classic rock songs you may like. You'd need to answer a few questions first, but there are so many different types of music within classic rock. I mean, there is a huge difference between songs like You're My Best Friend by Queen, Sanitarium by Metallica, and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. There is so much diversity in this specific genre of music. (I am very opinionated when it comes to classic rock...)

Nah, I'm good.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

There is so much diversity in this specific genre of music.

This is quite possibly one of the best things about rock. With just about any other style of music, you say "I like rap (Or something)" And you'll have a pretty good idea of what the music will be like. Not so with rock. There is so much storming variety! I love it.

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

This is quite possibly one of the best things about rock. With just about any other style of music, you say "I like rap (Or something)" And you'll have a pretty good idea of what the music will be like. Not so with rock. There is so much storming variety! I love it.

Yep! I literally have about 30 rock playlists, and each one is for different moods I'm in. (Not all of them are pure classic rock. I've got this one that is a mix of Pink Floyd and Simon and Garfunkel that I use when I need to calm down.) 

22 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Pink Floyd and Simon and Garfunkel

All excellent choices :P Currently running through The Wall again though because that was my introduction to Pink Floyd and it's pretty good.

I'm really too much of an opportunistic listener to be a solid classic rock fan, but I've got good memories of being intro-ed to it by my ex and my dad, so I've got some playlists that count :P 

Edited by Kasimir

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

All excellent choices :P Currently running through The Wall again though because that was my introduction to Pink Floyd and it's pretty good.

I'm really too much of an opportunistic listener to be a solid classic rock fan, but I've got good memories of being intro-ed to it by my ex and my dad, so I've got some playlists that count :P 

Eh. I've met people who had never heard Bohemian Rhapsody (How? I have no idea), so knowing even just a few bands is fine.

1 hour ago, FriarFritz said:

Any of y'all heard of Jethro Tull?

Nope. I'll look into that. :)

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

YESSS! Finally people who appreciate good music. Nothing against people who like contemporary stuff, except that they are wrong.

My favorite band is U2, with The Police, Led Zeppelin and The Smiths as close seconds.

Yes! Agreed! Classic rock is (in my personal opinion) the best music. Period. I mean, sure there are a few songs from other genres that I like, but my favorites are all classic rock. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I mean, AC/DC is also metal but I still like them.

To be fair, the lines between the genres are sometimes really flimsy and hard to define. For example, in the beginning of their career Bon Jovi said their music was metal. And no, it wasn't. I really like it, but it's rock. Nor even hard rock, as I would call AC/DC and Black Sabbath, but I'm more of a metalhead myself. Anyway, there is absolutely nothing wrong with classic rock. Or any kind of rock. B)

• 5 months later...

Well. I could give you a long list but for now I'll just tell you some. Some of my favorite bands are Foreigner, Boston, ELO, Journey, Chicago, Rush, Styx, Triumph, Aerosmith, Queen, Kansas, Eagles, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, Toto, Night Ranger, Tom Petty, Heart, Steve Miller Band, Fastball, and Bon Jovi. Just to name a few. :P^_^

And I also listen to other old music around that era, like Michael Jackson and such.