The Guild of Classic Rock Fans

All you who like classic rock, unite with me! Together, we can educate the uninformed, give references, talk about our favorite songs, etc. I have talked to at least 3 classic rock fans so far here on the shard. And it makes me wonder, how many people are fans of classic rock that I haven't interacted with yet?

7 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

So, Favorite band(s), Song(s), how do you listen to rock? (Am I the only one who uses the radio?)

1) That's hard. If I absolutely had to pick one, I'd probably pick Pink Floyd. Mostly because one of my earliest memories is listening to Another Brick in the Wall (pt. 2). I also really like Queen, Cars, Tears for Fears, Led Zeppelin, etc.

2) Also hard. I can't pick one favorite, but I really like Don't Stop Me Now by Queen, Enter Sandman by Metallica, Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi, and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I also like More Than a Feeling by (If I remember correctly) Boston, Come Together by The Beetles, Shout by Tears for Fears, Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses, Pictures of You by The Cure, The Unforgiven by Metallica, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, etc. There are way too many for me to name here, but those are some of my favorites.

3) No. I use the radio too. Sometimes. I use a variety of things. (the radio, YouTube, CDs, etc.)

What about you?

15 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

What about you?

1. AC/DC, Van Halen, Queen, ELO, Cheap trick, Yes, Billy Squier, Journey, Ect.
  2. Surrender (Cheap trick) Do ya, (ELO), Paradise city, (Guns and roses), Lonely is the night, (Billy squier) Just what I needed (Cars) Old town rock and roll (Bob seiger) You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi) These are just a general list off the top of my head. If I had enough time, I would probably list every rock song I could remember.
  3. Aside from the radio, I also have a 6 hour rock playlist.

3 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:
  1. AC/DC, Van Halen, Queen, ELO, Cheap trick, Yes, Billy Squier, Journey, Ect.
  2. Surrender (Cheap trick) Do ya, (ELO), Paradise city, (Guns and roses), Lonely is the night, (Billy squier) Just what I needed (Cars) Old town rock and roll (Bob seiger) You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi) These are just a general list off the top of my head. If I had enough time, I would probably list every rock song I could remember.
  3. Aside from the radio, I also have a 6 hour rock playlist.

Dang! I haven't listened to AC/DC for a loooong time. *writes that on a list of things to do*

7 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Some of my favorite songs don't play on amazon music without me having to pay for amazon music unlimited. Like Livin' on a Prayer, for example.

That is true, but my parents pay for it, so I don't have to worry about any of that stuff.

Edit: What a beautiful 16 hundredth post.

Edited by Shard of Reading

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

That is true, but my parents pay for it, so I don't have to worry about any of that stuff.

If I wanted it I'd have to pay for it myself, because we don't have it. At least, not right now. We do get it occasionally. Just not often.

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

If I wanted it I'd have to pay for it myself, because we don't have it. At least, not right now. We do get it occasionally. Just not often.

Oh, okay. Now, on the topic of the thread, when ever someone asks what sort of music I like, this is my response.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

Oh, okay. Now, on the topic of the thread, when ever someone asks what sort of music I like, this is my response.

Reveal hidden contents

Good! Educate people about classic rock! :D

My response is: "Classic Rock." 

Typically, the person I am talking to looks at me confused, and then says something like: "Huh?"

And then I say something like: "You know, Queen, Metallica, the Cars, the Cure. Stuff like that."

And then the other person usually looks at me blankly. 

It's getting old. I'm getting tired of the confusion. I mean, this hasn't happened in about a year, but still.

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Good! Educate people about classic rock! :D

My response is: "Classic Rock." 

Typically, the person I am talking to looks at me confused, and then says something like: "Huh?"

And then I say something like: "You know, Queen, Metallica, the Cars, the Cure. Stuff like that."

And then the other person usually looks at me blankly. 

It's getting old. I'm getting tired of the confusion. I mean, this hasn't happened in about a year, but still.

Honestly, I was born with a taste in music that's about 20+ years outdated.

3 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Honestly, I was born with a taste in music that's about 20+ years outdated.

Same. I was born in the wrong time period. I like stuff that was popular in the 80s. I'm not just talking about music, but also movies (for example, I watched the Labyrinth yesterday. It was released in 1986.), books, shows, etc.

10 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Same. I was born in the wrong time period. I like stuff that was popular in the 80s. I'm not just talking about music, but also movies (for example, I watched the Labyrinth yesterday. It was released in 1986.), books, shows, etc.

For me, it really only applies to my taste in music, but I do believe that most cool stuff can be traced to that time period. (But I'm not complaining that I'm bored now because I can be here.)

Edited by Shard of Reading

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

For me, it really only applies to my taste in music, but I do believe that most cool stuff can be traced to that time period. (But I'm not complaining that I'm bored now because I can be here.)

Yes. We can rant about people and their ignorance when it comes to classic rock.

Somebody to Love by Queen, Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2, Goodbye Stranger by Supertramp, Don't Bring Me Down by ELO, Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes, In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins, Cold as Ice by Foreigner, You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi, Just Like Heaven by The Cure, Who's Crying Now by Journey, and No One Like You by Scorpions

7 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

Somebody to Love by Queen, Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2, Goodbye Stranger by Supertramp, Don't Bring Me Down by ELO, Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes, In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins, Cold as Ice by Foreigner, You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi, Just Like Heaven by The Cure, Who's Crying Now by Journey, and No One Like You by Scorpions

All good songs. :D I should add Sunday Bloody Sunday to my playlist. I have no idea why it isn't already on there, but it should be.