Archer

Cycle One: Democracy 

“You want it lighter? It’s a heavy crossbow, weight is where power comes from.”

“I knew that, I meant-”

“No, I don’t think you did. Look at you, have you been eating enough?”

“Actually, it’s been quite difficult to make nutritionally balanced meals when the only rations we carry are potatoes, garlic, and olive oil.”

“And dragon meat, when we find ‘em.”

“So I’m told. Yesterday it was the other way around though, wasn’t it.”

“Master Johnson knew what he was getting into. So did Skip and all the rest of them. Shouldn’t have stood so close to the olive oil cart when the beastie started spewing fire.”

“Speaking of which, we’re out of olive oil.”

“Still got garlic though, right? Need that for the werewolves.”

“You’re thinking of vampires. Although we have some, the point remains that we are low on food.”

“You didn’t use it anyway, what are you complaining about? Master Johnson left explicit instructions that he should be avenged, so that’s what we’re gonna do.”

“Actually, his instructions were more along the lines of eeeeeaaaaliitgoogoheeeeeeellllp.”

“I found a bolt!”

“Finally, some good news. Who said that? You, you have a knack for reading dialogue tags, tell me who said that.”

“I can’t.”

“Why the blazes not? You can’t see ‘em anymore, isn’t that convenient! What is this, some extended metaphor about being blinded by greed?”

“No, sir, it’s just that there aren’t any.”

“What kind of a stupid story doesn’t have dialogue tags. I’m surrounded by-”

“I’m also good at finding feathers, if that would be more useful.”

“No it is not. The only half intelligent thing that anyone has said so far is that this crossbow weighs a ton. Who’s gonna carry it?”

“I think we should vote on it!”

“Who said that, you’re fired.”

“I like voting.”

“Me too.”

“Me too.”

“Fine. We’ll vote on it. Show of hands, who gets the prestigious honor of lugging this lump of wood about. And where are the Dragon Bait? Come on, show yourselves!”

“Maybe we should vote on who they are.”

“That’s not how-”

“I like voting.”

“Me too.”

“Me too!”

“Fine. It’s your funeral. Everyone close your eyes and raise your hands…”

The game's afoot! Signups are now closed. This cycle, you may cast one public [Village Mobbing] vote for who will be bait tomorrow and one secret vote in your GM PM for who will be given the crossbow and become Crossbowman. There will be no Eliminator kill.

PMs are closed. Ties will be decided randomly. Players who are inactive for an entire cycle will be replaced. 

This cycle will last ~24 hours, until March 2nd at 11:00am EST.

You should have your GM PM now. I tried to pre-make them all with a generic post then add the alignments after in a second post, but the Shard didn't like that, so I ended up editing alignments into the first messages. That's why they say they were sent yesterday. I really did the distribution a few minutes ago.

Invisible (white) text is not permitted. 

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Gears as Seba

2. @Matrim's Dice as pikS

3. @Quintessential as Jillian Glade

4. @Random Bystander as a random bystander

5. @Shard of Reading 

6. @The Unknown Order as Burt

7. @Dannex as Notani N Quisitor

8. @Ashbringer as Faleast

9. @Experience

10. @Flyingbooks as Hop

11. @Illwei 

12. @TJ Shade

Edited by Archer

Hop poked the random bystander.

"What's some random bystander doing here?" they said, a few butterflies alighting on the random bystander's shoulder.
Ugh, not the butterflies again! I must have one of the most annoying talents ever to exist. Butterflies flying onto every single thing I touch? Come on, it's not even useful! Being dragon bait would have at least given me a relatively stable job.

Hello all

So there's 3 Elims most likely, that's standard in a 12p and this is a pretty standard 12p. I don't think the addition of a kill is enough to change that, because it's a one-time-use and it can go to the Elims (a faction which I am most definitely not a part of).

Speaking of, the Elims can easily give the bow to one of their own, no? they have three votes and the majority of you will probably be voting for yourself, because that's allowed. this potentially might give them away so it might be kinda dumb for them to do that. but trading kills might be worth it because that's one less kill that the village has.

Thinking 9-3 rn, then if they get the bow that's 8-3 tomorrow and then either 6-3 or 7-2 and then vroom vroom there goes the elim win if you ask me. or at least they can sleep easy at night knowing they're not going to be attacked secretly.

There are no PMs so no privately manipulating the crossbowman. They could chance it on the village but that's still chancing it, but that's up to them.

So to combat this we need 4 votes on someone and all 4 of those need to be village votes. of course me saying this might change things because that's how things do, ofc.

And of course, I want the crossbow, sure we all do, whether it be because we're the only ones we can trust or because you're me and you wanna kill someone

But so yall should vote for me.

I was going to start this off with "I'm voting for TJ, and if you don't want him to get the bow, then yall are going to need to actually vote" but then I thought about it a bit more and realized everything above.

So the Elims are going to get the bow unless yall actually vote. I'd recommend me, I have a pretty good habit of finding at least one Elim :P.

Quinn

Wanting to kill ash again, are you?

Right, the first order of business is to choose the Archer Crossbow person, and we can be sure the elims will all try to vote on one of their own so depending on their numbers they'd have 2/3 votes. So that's why voting on ourselves is probably not a good idea. Yeah, we don't have much to go on in terms of trust in D1, but it's better not to give elims an extra kill in a 12 player game. 

Alternatively, we could vote on yourselves and let elims choose their own Crossbow person as we do get to know the number of votes on the chosen person at the end of the cycle, and we can vote them out. Now that I've said, it might lead to IKYK and I personally prefer the former option rather than this one.

Revealing whom you voted for after the reveal might also help narrow down the elims and prevent them from lying about their votes. 

Edit: Ninja'd :P.

Edited by TJ Shade

1 minute ago, TJ Shade said:

So that's why voting on ourselves is probably not a good idea. Yeah, we don't have much to go on in terms of trust in D1, but it's better not to give elims an extra kill in a 12 player game. 

Alternatively, we could vote on yourselves and let elims choose their own Crossbow person as we do get to know the number of votes on the chosen person at the end of the cycle, and we can vote them out. Now that I've said, it might lead to IKYK and I personally prefer the former option rather than this one.

Mindmeld lmao

TJ/Illwei not e/e

Edited by Illwei

"Gwamma bad. Crossbow good. Don't put off voting for the crossbow. Grammar police are going to vote for it anyway. We need to figure out who gets it within 24 hours. Also, if you get put out before the dragon, don't worry. Maybe it's friendly."

Okay, I didn't need to say it like that, but we can't not vote for the crossbow, because the elims are going to vote for it anyway. I highly doubt they would be sporting and allow us an extra cycle to help figure out who they are. Illwei ninja'd me while I'm writing this, but I'm not scrapping it.

Alright, with any luck this QF won't be quite as hectic as the last one xD

"Hey, friends! pikS here. I'll point out that if everyone votes for themselves for the crossbow, it'll be easy for the Bait to screw up.

"How many people are here? I am the best at counting, so... One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, and yours truly makes twelve! Based on those numbers, I'd guess Skip had three Bait friends, so that's how many we have to weed out."

(Ninja'd a few times, I'll reply in a separate post :P)

Edit: Or right here:

Illwei, TJ, looks like we're in agreement then xD 10/10 mindmeld

Edited by Matrim's Dice

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Illwei, TJ, looks like we're in agreement then xD 10/10 mindmeld

Reading also said it so all of you move from locktown to eh

still i think i said it the best but I can draw up a few graphs if that makes you guys feel better about voting for me

Just now, Illwei said:

Reading also said it so all of you move from locktown to eh

still i think i said it the best but I can draw up a few graphs if that makes you guys feel better about voting for me

"The problem with this is that if Illwei is dragonbait and we all vote for her, she can then get away easily with obtaining the crossbow, "accidentally" shooting one of us, and keeping all of us loyal hunters from protecting ourselves! Also, if we give her the crossbow and she's bait, how are we supposed to hunt the dragons while she lures them in? Think logically!"

The following is an analysis of the rules:

We shall appoint from our number an Arbalist, who wields in their hand Death on swift wings. They can call upon the Lord Anubis only once before the Catalyst is rendered inert. They become immortal until we tear them down. Of course, we Sacrifices would vote as a block for one of our number to be That Which Kills, so the Others must act as one, lest a person be granted undue trust and immortality. Beware the Achavien, who smiles with painted teeth of diamond and gold.

There are secrets that lurk in our midst. ‘Tis my greatest hope that I acquire a secret, since secrets are great fun. Alas, this game had not significant rules to analyse, so thus concludes my rules analysis.

3 seems a good number of elims since 12/5 > 2. As such, we must vote as a block of 4 on one person. Be wary.

You think your name is Seba, or at least, that is the word that They use to Summon you. There is something wrong, something strange about this world, something that burns at the back of your tongue, but you Serve. That is your purpose, the sole meaning of your existence. You Serve your Lord, your Summoner, and the Lord is always right. The Lord says there is nothing wrong, and so there is nothing wrong. All is as it should be. All is well. Your spine crawls with every step, your eyes dart to and fro searching for enemies, your hand lingers on your blade, but ino naka no kawazu taikai o shirazu. The Lord is always right, and you are of course less knowledgeable than the Lord, who knows better than you ever could. You Serve your Lord, and you do as They Command.

There was another Land before this one, another place across the sea, where the end of ecological diversity spelled disaster as retail development and monopolies on marketing took over and began deforestation and destruction. Your Lord called you forth to take Them away from that place, and now you are here. And then your Lord asked you to die. You'd do much for your Lord, kill, hurt, bleed, starve, slaughter, ponder, plan, but never die. Your Lord should have known the consequences. And now your Lord is dead. Your Lord is always right, and they had said this, so long ago: "You are a killer."

[OOC: I wrote half of this RP last week, and half of it now, and it shows. Abruptly, this game is like Monopoly all of the sudden, with retail nonsense. Monopoly + murder, an excellent combination.]

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

"The problem with this is that if Illwei is dragonbait and we all vote for her, she can then get away easily with obtaining the crossbow, "accidentally" shooting one of us, and keeping all of us loyal hunters from protecting ourselves! Also, if we give her the crossbow and she's bait, how are we supposed to hunt the dragons while she lures them in? Think logically!"

Yeah really not liking quinn here yall should trust me on this

Go ahead and get after me and blame it on her new playstyle but I'm not going off of that.

She opens with saying that we can't trust anyone, and she's voting on herself, and then follows up with saying that no one should vote on me because "i might be an Elim" but like there's nothing there

EDIT:

1 minute ago, Gears said:

3 seems a good number of elims since 12/5 > 2. As such, we must vote as a block of 4 on one person. Be wary.

Guys my ideas are so great that everyone seems to want to parrot me, pog.

Edited by Illwei

4 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Paranoid, but correct. If Illwei is consensus village though by the end of the cycle there isn't really a problem with her suggestion- we should just wait to cast our votes until it isn't half an hour into the game :P. The same goes for anyone though, if there's someone that's consensus village they're the one our votes should end up on.

Edit: Illwei, I can tentatively agree with you but with the always asterisk of it's Quinn and it's C1 :P. But I did find her first post odd, as it kinda sends the opposite message than what makes sense about voting for the crossbowholder.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Illwei said:

She opens with saying that we can't trust anyone, and she's voting on herself, and then follows up with saying that no one should vote on me because "i might be an Elim" but like there's nothing there

"You appear to be missing my point; it applies not just to you, but to anyone we agree on publicly. We can catch the bait if they try to elect one of their own without us knowing, but what if they just convince all of us to vote for one of them? That seems like something those nerds would think of!"

Just now, Quintessential said:

"You appear to be missing my point; it applies not just to you, but to anyone we agree on publicly. We can catch the bait if they try to elect one of their own without us knowing, but what if they just convince all of us to vote for one of them? That seems like something those nerds would think of!"

anyways not liking quinn, would be pog if yall voted for her with me :P. she hates being Elim so yall would be doing her a favor :P.

and I always vote an Elim D1 ofc ofc so this means that if I stay on quinn she is therefore an Elim. this is just how the world works.

(OOC: Arbalist sounds way cooler than crossbowman, so I'm going to call the crossbowperson the Arbalist no matter what gender they are)

"We could potentially ask everyone not to vote and then kill the arbalist to get rid of a dragon-bait for free... but now the elims know this and they'd be able to fill up the dragons with one of our own for free. On second thought, let's just not, the butterflies would probably just mess that plan up somehow anyways. Voting on somebody who's relatively trusted then seeing if anyone has three votes on them or there are no opponents to the elected arbalist with more than one or two votes on them is probably a better plan that'd help us find the dragon bait, too."

Also Im still voting for TJ so if yall all agree to not vote to try and RNG it then 1) the Elims will still get it and blame it on RNG or 2) TJ will get it and tbh I'm not trusting TJ all that much rn