A Mistborn Unchained

KandraAllomancer

A funny line I found in the original Mistborn trilogy, gaining a new level of meaning after reading RoW.

When Marsh removes Vin's earring and she starts fighting the Inquisitors using her suddenly overpowered Allomancy, she describes it this way (Hero of Ages, chapter 73):

Within the embrace of limitless pewter, she seemed to move as the mist did. Light. Quick.

Unchained.

Just now, mathiau said:

I think these two things are unrelated. Vin is unchained in a moar power way while Ishar is unchained on a far more fundamental level

Maybe, but both are winning fights against multiple very powerful enemies without breaking a sweat due to their special connection to a dead Shard. Also, Vin is literally Ascending at the moment, which is as fundamental as it gets

I guess technically they’re related, but not in any way that matters. It’s just that Sanderson happened to use the same word in reference to the removal of Connection. Vin is no longer Connected to Ruin via her earring, and Ishar is no longer Connected to Honor via the Oathpact. Unchained. 

On 2/19/2021 at 5:22 PM, KandraAllomancer said:

A funny line I found in the original Mistborn trilogy, gaining a new level of meaning after reading RoW.

When Marsh removes Vin's earring and she starts fighting the Inquisitors using her suddenly overpowered Allomancy, she describes it this way (Hero of Ages, chapter 73):

She’s just talking about how Marsh literally removed what was chaining her from the power of Preservation.