Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

17 minutes ago, Dannex said:

:blink:
they actually mean something?
I have to know. The symbol in MR43 was for Era 2 copper. I don’t really see how that fits into the plot of MR43, but maybe I missed something when I read through it. I did notice that the literal word “copper” kept showing up, but that might be a coincidence. (eg. copperplate, the handwriting style, is mentioned, and all police officers are referred to as ‘coppers’.)

Yes, they do ;)

Reference to the amount of times the word 'copper' showed up, yes, as well as a hint that the actual killer of Talbot Oswin was hidden in plain sight... Just like how Copperclouds obscure what's going on even under your nose ;) 

21 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Yes, they do ;)

Reference to the amount of times the word 'copper' showed up, yes, as well as a hint that the actual killer of Talbot Oswin was hidden in plain sight... Just like how Copperclouds obscure what's going on even under your nose ;) 

Ah, so it was more of a thematic relation then, not literally copper the metal, or someone literally using copperclouds.

The symbols for this are Steel and Iron. So maybe it’s a theme of pushing and pulling, back and forth. Or maybe it’s a theme of pairings, like the pairing of the 2 detectives we saw. Hmmmm...

2 hours ago, Dannex said:

Ah, so it was more of a thematic relation then, not literally copper the metal, or someone literally using copperclouds.

The symbols for this are Steel and Iron. So maybe it’s a theme of pushing and pulling, back and forth. Or maybe it’s a theme of pairings, like the pairing of the 2 detectives we saw. Hmmmm...

:ph34r:

Spoiler

pafo.png.64327f4a154b7848a6490501e5f67e44.png

Edited to add: 

Hi all, I'd like to draw your attention to a slight erratum in the rules, with my apologies.

Mistborn: The Mistborn have the abilities of all of the above, but will only be able to use one per cycle. At the beginning of every day, the Mistborn will be told which ability they have and it's the only ability they have until the next day.

As OG Tyrian rules usually begins on N0, the original version of the rules says that Mistborn will be told which ability they have at the beginning of each night. This isn't very workable in this game, due to LG74 beginning on D1 instead. I have corrected this erratum in order for the game to function as intended, and nothing significant should hinge on this.

I have gone over the rest of the rules again, and they check out :) 

Edited by Kasimir

15 hours ago, Biplet said:

Sara swirled the ragged old towel around the inside of the foggy glass. Driblets of water ran down her arm, wetting the edges of her sleeve, rolled up to prevent this exact circumstance. She sighed and set the glass down. It seemed like no matter how much she scrubbed, she couldn't wipe away the years of finger prints and built-up dust from these glasses. If only she could replace them, but glass didn't come cheap this far out in the Western Dominance. Or anywhere in the Final Empire, really. Stupid nobles.

It'd been a few months since she took over ownership of The Steel Crow. Ten years of mopping unknown substances off grainy wood floors had left her the owner after her uncle's tragic, but expected, passing. Working here had its perks; she knew just about everyone in Fallion's Tears, though almost none of them were in the tavern now, save one man who she saw every day. Too shaken up by the recent death, she supposed. Poor Bartholomew.

She watched the lone man stumble out the doors into the twilight and sighed. Hopefully the Koloss rumors wouldn't be too bad for business.

-0-

Aye, first game! Life's a bit busy, but when is it not? I'll do my best! Signing up as Sara, the new owner of the local tavern, since I didn't see tavernkeeper as a cosmetic option :)

Thanks for making a tavernkeeper, because I definitely did not write a thousand words of RP in advance that completely depends on there being a tavern that the village gathers at, no siree, not me. Definitely not I, who would hopefully be smarter than that... [But seriously, thank you. I put a lot of effort into getting the RP to exactly 1000 words for no reason in particular, and having to take out the tavern would be... simply dreadful. Now I just have to edit in the name, your character's pronouns, a few other things, but the spirit of the RP remains intact! Huzzah!] As a thanks, you may have a small sample, a mere 98 words of the 1,000 that await you once the game starts. 

Roko moved towards the Steel Crow, where the village would soon be gathering, and took a seat in a poorly-lit corner, shuffling a new/old deck, fundamentally distinct from its others. Trionfi, tattered and torn from the hands of a person it was not and would never be. As it sipped at a drink it could not taste, it shuffled the cards with one hand, staring idly at the door. Then, it began laying out the cards. The Three Fates spread was a simpler one, but it did not have enough time to properly interpret the Celtic Cross.

Will the future be bright? Will Roko be able to save its town? Find out in the next episode of... You Want It Darker, coming up next Friday, on the 26th of February. Stay tuned!

3 hours ago, Gears said:

Thanks for making a tavernkeeper, because I definitely did not write a thousand words of RP in advance that completely depends on there being a tavern that the village gathers at, no siree, not me. Definitely not I, who would hopefully be smarter than that... [But seriously, thank you. I put a lot of effort into getting the RP to exactly 1000 words for no reason in particular, and having to take out the tavern would be... simply dreadful.

Haha, my thought process was "can't have a murder mystery without a good ol' tavern." Glad I could be of service!

16 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Also, welcome aboard to everyone who has signed up! Do remember to check the rules and think about your character's dirty secret/skeleton in the closet. I'm dead serious when I say I will make one up if I don't get one, and remember, you're talking to the GM who invented the Duck Wrangler cosmetic role here

Does being the shard of total destruction count as a skeleton in the closet?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

Does being the shard of total destruction count as a skeleton in the closet?

I think "skeleton in the closet" == something secret that Kasimir can incorporate into his investigative writeups, not something that will be (explicitly) stated within player RP.

Hence why "Derrick" having literal skeletons in his closet isn't the (only) skeleton in his closet.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I think "skeleton in the closet" == something secret that Kasimir can incorporate into his investigative writeups, not something that will be (explicitly) stated within player RP.

Hence why "Derrick" having literal skeletons in his closet isn't the (only) skeleton in his closet.

This guy gets it :P

19 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Flyingbooks :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Dannex. That was a quick vote. Pretty suspicious there... 

You know, when I said the game would begin on D1 instead of N0 so one player wouldn't need to die before the game properly began, I didn't expect y'all would create your own N0 :P

Don't let me stop you from pre-lynching Evil though :ph34r:

Roko stared at a photograph of the merry banter of idle friends, before the Spiked had infiltrated the town. There had been rumors of Spiked, of course, but they weren't real yet, they weren't a part of life. They were the monsters under beds, the shadows in the tombs, a small thing to laugh at in the light of day. Those days had been happy, had been peaceful, had been joyous, even. Back then, it had even tried to kill the detective known as Kast. Well, not kill him, but it did leave several traps. Those days had been something else. But there was no more idle murder between friends. Now, there was idle murder between enemies. In sooth, nothing much had changed. The only difference was who was dying.

5 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah I’m down. Kasimir. :P

Anyone else?

1. @Matrim's Dice 
2. @Condensation 
3. @Random Bystander 
5. @Quintessential 
6. @Fifth Scholar 
7. @Shard of Reading 
8. @Araris Valerian
9. @Dannex 
10. @Elandera 
11. @Ashbringer 
12. @TJ Shade 
13. @Illwei 
14. @Devotary of Spontaneity 
15. @Experience Animation 
16. @Mailliw73 
19. @The Windrunner Supreme 
20. @Tani 
21. @Ventyl 
23. @Burnt Spaghetti 
24. @STINK 
25. @_Stick_ 
26. @Biplet 
27. @Daisy 

Edited by The Unknown Order

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Anyone else?

1. @Matrim's Dice 
2. @Condensation 
3. @Random Bystander 
4. @Gears 
5. @Quintessential 
6. @Fifth Scholar 
7. @Shard of Reading 
8. @Araris Valerian
9. @Dannex 
10. @Elandera 
11. @Ashbringer 
12. @TJ Shade 
13. @Illwei 
16. @Mailliw73 
20. @Tani 
21. @Ventyl 
22. @Flyingbooks 
23. @Burnt Spaghetti 
24. @STINK 
25. @_Stick_ 
26. @Biplet 
27. @Daisy 

Why? Just, why?

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Anyone else?

1. @Matrim's Dice 
2. @Condensation 
3. @Random Bystander 
5. @Quintessential 
6. @Fifth Scholar 
7. @Shard of Reading 
8. @Araris Valerian
9. @Dannex 
10. @Elandera 
11. @Ashbringer 
12. @TJ Shade 
13. @Illwei 
16. @Mailliw73 
20. @Tani 
21. @Ventyl 
23. @Burnt Spaghetti 
24. @STINK 
25. @_Stick_ 
26. @Biplet 
27. @Daisy 

Uh no thank you. Have fun voting out the GM and incurring Kas's wrath. I'll stay away from that. :)