Harmony Questions

Meshkurr

To the best of my understanding, Ruin's intent was to erode and destroy everything.  Preservation's intent was to preserve things exactly the way they are.  What is Harmony's intent?  My best guess would be creating a positive change, a combination of Ruin's negative change and Preservation's stasis.  But in the Wax and Wayne novels, Harmony seems to actively avoid influencing the world, so that can't be his intent.  Do we actually know what Harmony's intent is?

That's a good question.  My take would be of two parts:

We know that Ruin and Preservation, each alone, could not CREATE Scadrial; they had to make deal and cooperate to create.  So to me, that's one aspect.

The other aspect is what he tells Wax he's going for - the most freedom of choice for the biggest number of people.

2 hours ago, Meshkurr said:

To the best of my understanding, Ruin's intent was to erode and destroy everything.  Preservation's intent was to preserve things exactly the way they are.  What is Harmony's intent?  My best guess would be creating a positive change, a combination of Ruin's negative change and Preservation's stasis.  But in the Wax and Wayne novels, Harmony seems to actively avoid influencing the world, so that can't be his intent.  Do we actually know what Harmony's intent is?

So far Harmony's Intent is all about the balance of Opposites (though WOB says Discord might have worked too).   But all that's being impacted by the two original Shards and the opposing nature of their Intents.  We've bee ntold that the two are mingled/Connected enough now that they would not be split without effort, but I dont think that means they have entirely integrated (yet).