17th Shard Meme Competition!

danex

Should we resume the competition?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we resume the contest? (Votes are anonymous)

• Yes!
    • I don’t really care, I might participate if you do.
    • I won’t participate if you do.
  2. 2. Should we restart the contest completely with some rule changes?

• No!
    • Yes!
    • I don’t care, I’ll participate either way.
    • I don’t care, I’m not participating either way.

1 minute ago, Chinkoln said:

Can @Anarchy still join, even though he would be at a disadvantage?

Hmmmmmmm

Well, Experience did just drop out, so I can view this as Anarchy just taking Exp’s place. Like a pinch-hitter.

So sure, I guess they can join if they want to.

While I’m at it, does anybody else who’s not currently playing want to sign up as a pinch-hitter in case somebody else drops out?

My meme:

Spoiler

604fb7d42a963_Liftmeme.thumb.png.74564da33ad216c168ff66bdad432761.png

The meme template I used (that is really two memes smashed together) is supposed to be like "One does not simply [impossible thing]," then someone who did that impossible thing, then the first person being like "Wait, wha-?"

If anyone wants to use the blank template, here it is:

Spoiler

604fd01c384b5_Onedoesnotsimplywithawkwardmonkey.thumb.png.25b28356376123c2abbea3f0bea1b2d6.png

Okay, a couple of things. 

1. @Anarchy has not said anything themselves about wanting to join, Chinkoln just sorta kinda mentioned it for them. I’ll refrain from adding them to the player list until they officially say that they want to take Exp’s place. 

On 3/15/2021 at 1:15 PM, Eluvianii said:

Can I get a breakdown too?

Oh shoot yes. I somehow completely missed this. I’ll give you a breakdown as soon as I’m at a computer.

3. A new spot has opened up on the player list since @Archer is apparently dropping out. So that’s open if anyone wants to take it.

3. All submissions for round 3 are due today! Get your memes in!

14 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I'm not going to be able to send memes today, at least that's my current thinking. So @Random Bystander, would you mind?

I... Uh... Kind of can't...

I seem to have misplaced my laptop (it's been missing for 4 days), and I can't download the memes onto my phone... :(

I also can't make memes on my phone, so I don't have a meme to submit. <_<

Sorry. If I find my laptop, I'll send in the memes, but otherwise I can't. 

Just now, Condensation said:

Alright. So, @Dannex, you'll be waiting an extra day or two for the memes. Sorry about that.

You're all good, just get them to me when you can.

I guess the rest of y'all have an extra day or so to submit your meme. 

42 minutes ago, 2EmLee2 said:

I may not be able to submit a meme this round, as I have been busy with school and the topic for this round has not sparked any inspiration... yet. Though, I might still get a last-second idea- Who knows!

Seconded, this topic was a bit vague so I've had trouble thinking of something yet :P

I already submitted mine, but I guess some extra time is never bad.

Btw @Dannex I don’t know if I will be able to continue in the competition. I am not formally withdrawing, I will probably still submit memes, but I might miss occasionally. I am probably going to be pulling back from the Shard a bit, spending less time on it each day/week/month.

8 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I already submitted mine, but I guess some extra time is never bad.

Btw @Dannex I don’t know if I will be able to continue in the competition. I am not formally withdrawing, I will probably still submit memes, but I might miss occasionally. I am probably going to be pulling back from the Shard a bit, spending less time on it each day/week/month.

That's fine, you can submit as often as your schedule allows you to. 

18 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

Alright, @Dannex, do we have an update on what is happening or an ETA of when we will know who won?

*shrinks down in chair* Well... I still haven't found my laptop, even though I've been doing a deep clean of my room to find it. So I can't really help right now. It has been missing since last Thursday, so I haven't had it for over a week. Sorry. :( 

3 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

Alright, @Dannex, do we have an update on what is happening or an ETA of when we will know who won?

We......do not :unsure:
I still haven’t seen the memes.

I’ve been trying to think of a better way to do these submissions, we keep running into issues like this

maybe if we could get access to one of the SE anonymous accounts you could all submit it to me via that account? I think that might be the best possibility if we wanted the entire process to stay within the shard, but I kinda doubt the mods would be up for that.

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

*shrinks down in chair* Well... I still haven't found my laptop, even though I've been doing a deep clean of my room to find it. So I can't really help right now. It has been missing since last Thursday, so I haven't had it for over a week. Sorry. :( 

You’re all good, it’s not like you intentionally lost your laptop. No apologies required. :P

2 minutes ago, Dannex said:

maybe if we could get access to one of the SE anonymous accounts you could all submit it to me via that account? I think that might be the best possibility if we wanted the entire process to stay within the shard, but I kinda doubt the mods would be up for that.

Set up an anonymous google doc. That could work.

Edit: I meant google form.

Edited by Shard of Reading