17th Shard Meme Competition!

danex

Should we resume the competition?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we resume the contest? (Votes are anonymous)

• Yes!
    • I don’t really care, I might participate if you do.
    • I won’t participate if you do.
  2. 2. Should we restart the contest completely with some rule changes?

• No!
    • Yes!
    • I don’t care, I’ll participate either way.
    • I don’t care, I’m not participating either way.

Attention Competitors! You have 24 hours (ish) to submit your meme!

(Honestly it’s probably a lot less than that. More like 12-17 hours tbh. Whatever the latest time is that Connie can be online to send them to me.)

Edit:

Note: Not submitting a meme does not mean that you are disqualified from the entire competition, it merely means that you are missing out on the chance to earn a point this round. You may still submit a meme for the next round. 

Spoiler

Speaking of that I better start thinking of a second theme aghhhhh

Spoiler

I may or may not be taking suggestions via PM. :ph34r:

Edited by Dannex

I haven't opened them because I'm usually on my phone, and it can't save them. So I'm not going to look at them until it's time to turn it in so I can see which ones I need to open to send memes in.

I can probably be on for around 9 more hours. Something like that.

Edited by Condensation

12 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Do we get to see the memes to?

You will, once I’m done judging. I’ll probably be done tomorrow, but I think I’ll wait until Monday to post the results. Makes it easy to start round 2 the same day. And then round 2 will be the same schedule as this one was, Mon-Fri.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:30 AM, Dannex said:

You will, once I’m done judging. I’ll probably be done tomorrow, but I think I’ll wait until Monday to post the results. Makes it easy to start round 2 the same day. And then round 2 will be the same schedule as this one was, Mon-Fri.

Are you going to post the results? (I'm mostly just responding so that you don't have to double post when you do post the results.)

15 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Are you going to post the results? (I'm mostly just responding so that you don't have to double post when you do post the results.)

I just finalized the judging

Oops, didn’t actually mean to hit send right then <_<

here’s the rest of what I was about to say:

I have just finalized the judging, and now I’m waiting for Connie to tell me whose meme was whose so I can announce the winner. I won’t actually post any of the memes myself, since I want y’all to be able to get Rep for them, not me. So once I post the results, y’all will have the rest of the day to post the meme you made here in the thread. Then we can start Round 2 tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Dannex said:

I won’t actually post any of the memes myself, since I want y’all to be able to get Rep for them, not me. 

I'm giving you rep anyway for being a good person, then :P 

4 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

So, I didn’t want to double post, but @Dannex, have you made a decision? 

Oh oops.

Yeah I made my decision yesterday, and then I was waiting for Connie to reveal whose was whose so I could actually announce the winner. She told me last night, and I meant to announce it this morning during my 2nd hour but we had a surprise essay to write. <_< 

Gimme a sec to write it up :P

6 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

That is fine! I’m also doing this post so you don’t have to double post.

(Fun fact: The reason double posting isn't suggested is because it uses up thread space, and posting so he doesn't have to double post actually uses up more space :P)

[The camera pans across a live studio audience, all clapping and cheering as the curtains open. The house lights dim, the theme song begins playing, and a fashionably dressed man walks out on stage as the audience quiets.]

Welllllcome back to the first ever 17th Shard Meme Competition! I’m your host, Dannnnex, and it’s time for what you’ve all been waiting for, the announcement of the winner of the first round! 

[The audience goes wild. They have, in-fact, all been waiting for this.]

We have 7 wonderful submissions here today, but only one will leave the winner. 3 people did not submit a meme, those people being @Eluvianii, @Archer and @Experience. If any of you did submit a meme and I somehow misplaced it, please let me know ASAP. Remember, this does not mean you are out of the competition, you are merely exempt from earning a point this round. If you would like to formally drop out of the contest, please reach out to me. 

But enough of that! Onto the winner!

[A platform opens up on the stage, and an easel covered by a red velvet cloth is rises up from below. The immaculately dressed announcer begins speaking in a very slow voice, pausing dramatically at every opportunity.]

The winner

[A drumroll begins playing.] 

Of the first round

[The intense music swells.]

Of the first ever

[The audience is frozen in anticipation.]

17th Shard Meme Competition

[The stylishly dressed man reaches for the velvet cloth.]

Iiiiiiiiiiiisssss

[He rips the cloth off of the easel, right as the camera switches to a view of the audience, some looking shocked, others looking joyful, the music swells, and the show’s animated logo rolls across the screen. A pre-recorded voice begins speaking.]

We will return to our program after these messages from our sponsor, Dannnnex Inc.

[Fade to black.] 

3 minutes ago, Dannex said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

[The camera pans across a live studio audience, all clapping and cheering as the curtains open. The house lights dim, the theme song begins playing, and a fashionably dressed man walks out on stage as the audience quiets.]

Welllllcome back to the first ever 17th Shard Meme Competition! I’m your host, Dannnnex, and it’s time for what you’ve all been waiting for, the announcement of the winner of the first round! 

[The audience goes wild. They have, in-fact, all been waiting for this.]

We have 7 wonderful submissions here today, but only one will leave the winner. 3 people did not submit a meme, those people being @Eluvianii, @Archer and @Experience. If any of you did submit a meme and I somehow misplaced it, please let me know ASAP. Remember, this does not mean you are out of the competition, you are merely exempt from earning a point this round. If you would like to formally drop out of the contest, please reach out to me. 

But enough of that! Onto the winner!

[A platform opens up on the stage, and an easel covered by a red velvet cloth is rises up from below. The immaculately dressed announcer begins speaking in a very slow voice, pausing dramatically at every opportunity.]

The winner

[A drumroll begins playing.] 

Of the first round

[The intense music swells.]

Of the first ever

[The audience is frozen in anticipation.]

17th Shard Meme Competition

[The stylishly dressed man reaches for the velvet cloth.]

Iiiiiiiiiiiisssss

[He rips the cloth off of the easel, right as the camera switches to a view of the audience, some looking shocked, others looking joyful, the music swells, and the show’s animated logo rolls across the screen. A pre-recorded voice begins speaking.]

We will return to our program after these messages from our sponsor, Dannnnex Inc.

[Fade to black.] 

That's just mean.

Spoiler

Lol jk :P

[Fade in from black. The camera shows the same scene from before the commercial break.]

The winner of the first round of the first ever 17th Shard Meme Competition iiiissssss...

[He rips off the cloth to reveal not one, but TWO memes! The audience gasps in shock.]

That’s right folks, we have a tie! @2EmLee2 and @AonEne are our WINNERS! They tied for first place with a score of 35/45! They both receive one point. If either one of them receives another, they are the winners of this entire competition. Congratulations!!!

Spoiler

Disclaimer, there is a high probability that I mixed up whose meme was whose. EmLee, yours was the Bernie Sanders one right? And Ene, yours was the “Why would quarantine do this?” 

I’m genuinely terrified I mixed this up somehow, I’ve quadruple checked everything. 

Also everyone can post their memes now to farm those delicious upvotes. 

Edited by Dannex