What Shard best fits?

Aspiring Writer

Well, it's been a while since I've made a topic. So this topic is suggesting what Shard/shard intent best fits certain characters. For instance, I would suggest Preservation would be a good fit for Kaladin with his need to protect people. What Shards fits can you think off?

Note that this is currently not in the RoW thread, so be careful there, however, if people want to, you can ask for a mod to move it there.

Dominion might fit "Tezim the Great" these days

RoW Spoiler:

Spoiler

Mercy might fit later era Vasher (under the logic of Mercy = throwing off social/spiritual Bonds, the way Honor is creating them). 

Edited by Quantus
Oops, RoW content

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.2.2021 at 8:40 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Ambition for Thaidakar 

Preservation for Lirin

Invention for Navani

Autonomy for Eshonai

Devotion for Adolin

Dominion for Dalinar

Valor for Kaladin

Mercy for Lift

Whimsy for Rushu

Endowment for Venli

Cultivation for Jasnah

Ruin for Raboniel

Odium for Szeth

Honor for Azure

I think Azure and Kaladin can be switched, but except for that it seems to mostly work.

55 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

I think Azure and Kaladin can be switched, but except for that it seems to mostly work.

Kaladin is more very honorable, but he’s better suited to Valor. Honor contains a certain ruthlessness I don’t think he’s capable of. While Valorous acts can also be ruthless ones, that element isn’t an inherent part of the concept.

Put another way: Valor is in saving lives. Honor is in doing so because of a code. Valor is in defeating your enemies. Honor is in doing so because your code says it’s right.

Valor is in performing a difficult feat. Honor is in keeping to a code. Kaladin is much better suited to the former than the latter. He needs to act, to fight, to be doing something. Vivenna, who was raised to rule, is more inclined to the latter. While she can and does choose to act, she doesn’t need to the way Kaladin does.

On 02/03/2021 at 4:12 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kaladin is more very honorable, but he’s better suited to Valor. Honor contains a certain ruthlessness I don’t think he’s capable of. While Valorous acts can also be ruthless ones, that element isn’t an inherent part of the concept.

Put another way: Valor is in saving lives. Honor is in doing so because of a code. Valor is in defeating your enemies. Honor is in doing so because your code says it’s right.

Valor is in performing a difficult feat. Honor is in keeping to a code. Kaladin is much better suited to the former than the latter. He needs to act, to fight, to be doing something. Vivenna, who was raised to rule, is more inclined to the latter. While she can and does choose to act, she doesn’t need to the way Kaladin does.

Wasn't Kal confirmed to be the character the most closely aligned with Honour in SA? Also I'm pretty sure we don't know what exactly Valour is about.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Honor isn’t just following laws and codes, it’s also moral codes. There is a big similarity to Devotion in Honor, I think. In Honor, you do things that you swear to do, but you also do things that are morally right to you.