Non-traditional Radiants

jamesbondsmith

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.2.2021 at 3:39 AM, Nellac said:

I think we have different understandings of Skybreakers. A Skybreaker isn't just following their personal code, they're following an external code. Whether that be a person, a specific set of rules, the law, or a certain religion. In all situations what a Skybreaker swears to in there third Ideal is something greater than themselves. The whole idea is that they know their own moral code is insufficient or corrupt so they rely on an external one.

Yes, but does that mean you have to accept a governemt or government at all? Tribes have laws without governments. You could likely swear to the Law of Manu or the Albanian Kanun. It is a Western positivist view that law needs to originate from legislation. A divine revelation or ancient tribal customs would work for a Skybreaker, too. In fact, the law being inalterable may be an added attraction. Such a tribal customary law may explicitely forbid the formation of a government.

In fact their crusade could then be to slaughter the modernists who argue for the formation of a government.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, mdross81 said:

As a real-life lawyer, and a Lightweaver per the quiz and my temperament, my mind goes straight to using illumination in the courtroom to recreate the scene and tell the story of what happened. All kinds of admissibility problems, but it’s fun to think about. 

You might need the help of a Bondsmith for that.

Edit:

Dustbringer who repairs broken things

Edited by Tani

8 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Yes, but does that mean you have to accept a governemt or government at all? Tribes have laws without governments. You could likely swear to the Law of Manu or the Albanian Kanun. It is a Western positivist view that law needs to originate from legislation. A divine revelation or ancient tribal customs would work for a Skybreaker, too. In fact, the law being inalterable may be an added attraction. Such a tribal customary law may explicitely forbid the formation of a government.

In fact their crusade could then be to slaughter the modernists who argue for the formation of a government.

I totally agree with you here. A Skybreaker very well could swear to a set of tribal customs or a religion. My point was that they couldn't swear to pure anarchy. They could even swear to something that would require them to tear down the current government and laws, in order to build up something else. The thing is that they need something to follow and anarchy wouldn't supply that.