Ask Mathiau Anything

mathiau

Just now, Chinkoln said:

What does your name mean? Is it just alternate spelling of Matthew?

Kind of, my real name is Mathieu which is one of the French versions of Matthew. When I was 13 and I chose my username for the first time Mathieu was already taken and I didn't trust myself to chose an original username that I wouldn't regret later (and still don't) so I just changed one letter

If anyone want to know It's supposed to be pronounced Ma-ti-o

If you spontaneously got a thousand dollars (in a contest or something) what would you do with it?

What's your favorite thing to do on the Shard?

If you could have a conversation with one Sanderson character, which would you choose?

What's your profile picture a picture of?

Congratulations on a thousand posts!

9 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

If you spontaneously got a thousand dollars (in a contest or something) what would you do with it?

Probably just store it for an emergency, like I already do with the money remaining at the end of the month

What's your favorite thing to do on the Shard?

Making big posts in RPs definitely. Which might seems inconsistent with the fact that I'm only involved in two RPs and mostly do one-liners in one of them, but not every RPs and characters are well-fitted big posts

My second favorite thing to do is theorising and reading theories

If you could have a conversation with one Sanderson character, which would you choose?

Probably either Adonalsium or Khriss, people who have an actually idea of what's going on

What's your profile picture a picture of?

It's an ametrine, the left part is made of amethyst and the right part is made of citrine

You can transform amethysts into citrines by heating them to 500°C and transform citrines into amethysts with beta radiations, if you heat an amethyst to between 250°C and 500°C it becomes transparent instead of yellow and the transition zone of the one in my profile picture is violet instead of transparent so I think it was made the second way

How well it would hold Stormlight is on the list of question I want to ask Brandon

Congratulations on a thousand posts!

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, AonEne said:

If all the RP characters you've ever written got in a battle, what would happen and who would win?

So we have:

Folorian, an archivist and 2nd oath Lightweaver with no fighting training, a weird Nightwatcher curse and has barely started learing to soulcast

Adilie, a duralumin compounder

NullBlade, an Aluminium savant with a deadblade and an aluminium full chainmail

So what would happen is Folorian would run away from NullBlade using illusionary doubles and Adilie would try to run away from him, depending on the exact context she might manage to escape or get caught by NullBlade and quickly beaten