Spam Bots + Reporting

Chinkoln

In the past few months, I have noticed several spambots create an account and post, spam. Often they post multiple messages, completely filling up a forum. If the bot posts multiple messages, do the staff want us to report one of the posts, all of the posts, or simply leave them alone for the moderators to deal with?

I would prefer you report a single post. It's more of a pain if you report them all because that means there are more reports to close out. We have a button that nukes the spammers from orbit with a single click, so one is sufficient.

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I would prefer you report a single post. It's more of a pain if you report them all because that means there are more reports to close out. We have a button that nukes the spammers from orbit with a single click, so one is sufficient.

Ok, thanks!

If the spammer has made a post, I would prefer you report their content. Doing the status update thing and reporting that is fine, it just means that the field in the report we see is marked with your name rather than the spammer's. It's quicker if it's the spammer's account name, really.

Thanks for reporting the spam everyone! Seems like we have gotten rid of it pretty quickly so this recent increase in spammers hasn't been too bad.