Lefty Teft

Below is my previous thoughts on Teft confronting Ashertmarn from 2018, with the new info from RoW I was curious what everyone thought about the Heart of the Revel now?

" So I was just thinking it would be neat if Teft was the one to capture the Heart of the Revel. Since he has such a close relationship with addiction it seems like he could be a great choice for such a task. I would personally love to see that encounter/arc. Anyways, thoughts?.."

Going with the theme of trapping spren with "something they love" and are familiar with, who (if anyone) seems the most likely or best make for besting this particular unmade?

It could even be someone like Balat who has to confront his sadistic nature to grow as a person.  The revel is unparalleled pleasure for pleasure's sake and Balat's sadism is clearly a coping mechanism.  I think it would be very striking for him to lure the Heart in due to his "carnal" nature.  I could see him confronting the heart and basically making it contradict itself or recognize the intrinsic flaws with the "party today, worry tomorrow mentality." 

Please point out any flaws you see with my rough theory here and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.  (also this is completely my opinion, if I crossed canon please let me know)

4 hours ago, Lefty Teft said:

Below is my previous thoughts on Teft confronting Ashertmarn from 2018, with the new info from RoW I was curious what everyone thought about the Heart of the Revel now?

" So I was just thinking it would be neat if Teft was the one to capture the Heart of the Revel. Since he has such a close relationship with addiction it seems like he could be a great choice for such a task. I would personally love to see that encounter/arc. Anyways, thoughts?.."

Going with the theme of trapping spren with "something they love" and are familiar with, who (if anyone) seems the most likely or best make for besting this particular unmade?

It could even be someone like Balat who has to confront his sadistic nature to grow as a person.  The revel is unparalleled pleasure for pleasure's sake and Balat's sadism is clearly a coping mechanism.  I think it would be very striking for him to lure the Heart in due to his "carnal" nature.  I could see him confronting the heart and basically making it contradict itself or recognize the intrinsic flaws with the "party today, worry tomorrow mentality." 

Please point out any flaws you see with my rough theory here and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.  (also this is completely my opinion, if I crossed canon please let me know)

Isn’t one of Shallan’s brothers a gambling addict? I think that one might fit better.

Aw, if we’re thinking addiction’s the best draw, not hedonism, there go my thoughts of “Uncle Sebarial” saving the day.

Though at least he’s good enough at plotting and planning ahead that he could probably pull off trapping the Heart of the Revel if it did like him. Not so sure Shallan’s brothers have the fortitude. I suppose that’s why the original thought was Teft.