Dalinar visions

XeGnome

As I re-read the stormlight books I have a question in my mind that I’m not sure has been asked of Brandon.  Please let me know if a WoB exists?

As I am in IT, one of the methods I use to ensure I have the ability to restore a server if something goes terrible is a backup called a snapshot.  A point in time capture of the files and state that I can restore should I need.

Dalinar’s visions seem to be a “snapshot” in time that contains physical objects that can be manipulated independently, NPC characters with cognition and some ability to react to variations of the participants  and the vision has the ability to “bring in connections” to other people as well as the Stormfather himself (a spren in cognitive and physical). 

When Odium “attacks “ one of these visions it is as if he has to “break down” the event and then his destruction causes physical changes to the vision landscape.

Could these visions be a segment in “time” that has a real physical place with the spirit memories of the NPC’s connected?   A snapshot of all three realms?

we know the Stormfather is reluctant to allow Dalinar to modify the vision but has some ability the “change things”.  How far could that “envelope “ be pushed...?

if this is true, I could see this “place and time” being used for various other activities such as a safe testing ground for dangerous surges or as a “private meeting” where spies would have a very hard time gathering information about, etc...

I ask of the community to let me know if I’m on to something or just insane 

What I’m trying to point to is that these visions could be “bubbles of reality”.   Fully functional three realm slices of time.   I know Brandon has stated he does not want to have time travel in the books, but it seems like a possibility the way they are written that these visions are not “all in his head” like some shared hallucination.

Could a person or a spren live there?   Could objects be stored there?

13 hours ago, Shob the Voidbringer said:

last i checked, though i don't have access to oathbringer right now, that was more just confirming that the visions were not fake, and that he was not insane, rather than a meeting

Not the point. They could speak to each other in it so he can meet people in the vision.

Also he did the same thing with Yanagawn and Lift decided she could get in the vision