Deadeyes and Ba-Ado-Mishram

Chinkoln

I am pretty sure that I saw someone else say something about this, but for the life of me I can’t find the post. It is an interesting theory so I want to hear ideas.

When BAM was imprisoned, it affected the entire land and created slave form among the singers. It created a new state of being for them.

What if it also affected the spren of the Knights Radiant?. What if before the imprisonment of BAM, the bond could be broken without killing the spren, only some pain on their part. BAM getting imprisoned changed the land and the Knights didn’t know anything had changed. They had the plan to end their oaths but they didn’t realize it would kill the spren.

I think this might be the earlier post you were thinking of. 

The gist was that pre-Recreance the spren would still have a valid Connection through Honor and would probably return to Shadesmar. But post-Recreance and the death of Tanavast, when a human breaks their oath, spren do not have a valid Connection through Honor, but they instead Connect to BAM, which results in their minds being trapped.